Arya Hiding in a Dragon's Skull=Foreshadowing

WolfQueenArya

I recently was thinking and starting to skim some characters chapters yet again when it really hit me: Arya hiding in the dragon's skull is foreshadowing that she will warg a dragon. Why would George have Arya wanting to see a dragon, hiding in a dragon's skull, and bring over to Essos besides the HoBaW? Dragons! So my theory is that after Tyrion releases the dragons one will fly towards Braavos and Arya will make a connection with one of them. This could be one way Arya gets back to Westeros; either that or with Jeyne Pool and Barristan(? Is it Barristan?) 

What do you guys think of this theory? I think it's pretty cool and would make great story telling. But then again I'm not George...

I have come across that theory. Another theory to add to that one is that Arya doesn't kill Dany but helps her take the throne so she can be the one to kill Cersie. Either way having Arya interact with Dany would be very interesting indeed. 

No - Bran is reaching out to his siblings with the intent to draw them toward home.  Arya's future will involve her strong connection with water.  She will skinchange a kracken before a dragon.  Her night wolf dreams are the foreshadowing - she will unite with Nymeria.  Not everyone can ride a dragon.  I have read so many theories with so many dragon riders - those dragons are going to be like airplanes with assigned seating on their backs, first and second class - lots of seating for everyone others have postulated will be transported on their backs.

2 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I recently was thinking and starting to skim some characters chapters yet again when it really hit me: Arya hiding in the dragon's skull is foreshadowing that she will warg a dragon. Why would George have Arya wanting to see a dragon, hiding in a dragon's skull, and bring over to Essos besides the HoBaW? Dragons! So my theory is that after Tyrion releases the dragons one will fly towards Braavos and Arya will make a connection with one of them. This could be one way Arya gets back to Westeros; either that or with Jeyne Pool and Barristan(? Is it Barristan?) 

What do you guys think of this theory? I think it's pretty cool and would make great story telling. But then again I'm not George...

Arya hiding in the dragon skull was to show the reader what they used to be, which was big and powerful as opposed to extinct when Arya was there. I also don't think a dragon will make it's way to Bravos on its own. Bravos is foggy and tough to see where as there are plenty of good hunting spots on the Dothraki Sea, like Drogon's lair 

6 minutes ago, Dorian Martell said:

Arya hiding in the dragon skull was to show the reader what they used to be, which was big and powerful as opposed to extinct when Arya was there. I also don't think a dragon will make it's way to Bravos on its own. Bravos is foggy and tough to see where as there are plenty of good hunting spots on the Dothraki Sea, like Drogon's lair 

Alright but what about layered meanings? You act like the scene can mean one thing and one thing only. 

Just now, Joan Jett said:

Alright but what about layered meanings? You act like the scene can mean one thing and one thing only. 

you act like she has already skinchanged a dragon, in a place where there are no dragons. so no, at this point there are no layers, and no dragon skinchanging. 

Anyway I really like this theory! The way she hides inside the skull specifically was good. It was like her being inside the "mind" of a dragon. And her skinchanging is quite strong. She is able to warg her wolf from across the sea and seems to skinchange a cat almost effortlessly iirc. 

Arya's time in the dungeons really established a connection between her and dragons/Targaryens me thinks. The way it is written in her 9 year old POV the dragons come alive in a way and have feelings towards her. First they frighten her, and she isn't loved, but then on the second meeting they are like "old friends". That could foreshadow the future relationship between Arya and Dany. Then there's that one quote: "Only the blood of the dragon would ever know the secrets of the fortress the Dragonlords had built..."  These secret passages and tunnels are mentioned several times in the series and a bit more in TWOIAF.  Arya clearly knows one of those secret paths. So that could possibly foreshadow her becoming apart of the Targaryen family through marriage.

3 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

Nitpick - Quentyn inadvertently already released the dragons. They are already free and flying about and chose new lairs for themselves in aDwD.

1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

Nitpick - Quentyn inadvertently already released the dragons. They are already free and flying about and chose new lairs for themselves in aDwD.

Ah my bad. Completely missed this. I think I was subcounciously thinking of what the show is doing. Anyways...

2 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

Anyway I really like this theory! The way she hides inside the skull specifically was good. It was like her being inside the "mind" of a dragon. And her skinchanging is quite strong. She is able to warg her wolf from across the sea and seems to skinchange a cat almost effortlessly iirc. 

Arya's time in the dungeons really established a connection between her and dragons/Targaryens me thinks. The way it is written in her 9 year old POV the dragons come alive in a way and have feelings towards her. First they frighten her, and she isn't loved, but then on the second meeting they are like "old friends". That could foreshadow the future relationship between Arya and Dany. Then there's that one quote: "Only the blood of the dragon would ever know the secrets of the fortress the Dragonlords had built..."  These secret passages and tunnels are mentioned several times in the series and a bit more in TWOIAF.  Arya clearly knows one of those secret paths. So that could possibly foreshadow her becoming apart of the Targaryen family through marriage.

And if Arya does marry a Targaryen it will probably be Jon if Martin is going with his original outline. (Wow even more foreshadowing of those two getting together... ). And you bring some really good points to this theory! 

3 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

And if Arya does marry a Targaryen it will probably be Jon if Martin is going with his original outline. (Wow even more foreshadowing of those two getting together... ). And you bring some really good points to this theory! 

Is the link to Martins outline still out there? Someone showed to me a year ago or so and I can't find the link.  Interesting theory you brought up. 

7 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

That's how he rolls, when he co-wrote the series he was sure that every sentence was literal.

4 hours ago, stephenbaratheon said:

Is the link to Martins outline still out there? Someone showed to me a year ago or so and I can't find the link.  Interesting theory you brought up. 

Here ya go

http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-was-supposed-to-be-a-trilogy-2015-2

14 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

Love it!

First time I read tPatQ Nettles did stuck me as some kindred spirit of Arya's. (both tend to be dirty, foul mouthed and extremely fierce)

Perhaps  the scene of Arya hiding in the dragon down in the dungeons is also a metaphor for  " the dragon" =Jon = who secretly thinks about Arya his little sister whom he loves but is torn because he is supposed to give up his real life family for his NW brothers. 

So in effect Arya is hiding ( in his heart, in his thoughts) of our black dragon Jon.  He is trying to think of how to release her from Ramsey and where to send her to keep her safe in ADWD.  

I wonder sometimes if GRRM is using labyrinths and mazes in our series in more than one way! Literal, mythological, and perhaps metaphors for the thinking and minds, decisions some of the characters are making.

24 minutes ago, Lady Arya's Song said:

Perhaps  the scene of Arya hiding in the dragon down in the dungeons is also a metaphor for  " the dragon" =Jon = who secretly thinks about Arya his little sister whom he loves but is torn because he is supposed to give up his real life family for his NW brothers. 

So in effect Arya is hiding ( in his heart, in his thoughts) of our black dragon Jon.  He is trying to think of how to release her from Ramsey and where to send her to keep her safe in ADWD.  

I wonder sometimes if GRRM is using labyrinths and mazes in our series in more than one way! Literal, mythological, and perhaps metaphors for the thinking and minds, decisions some of the characters are making.

Very interesting interpretation! 

Archived