Arya Hiding in a Dragon's Skull=Foreshadowing

WolfQueenArya

23 minutes ago, zandru said:

Well, let's not forget that Tyrion also visited the dragon skulls as a small boy, and f**d inside them as a small man. Does this imply he'll marry Daenaerys?

It might mean that he'll f**k with her dragons...

11 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

Thanks.  Very Interesting read.   

On 4/13/2016 at 4:08 PM, WolfQueenArya said:

I recently was thinking and starting to skim some characters chapters yet again when it really hit me: Arya hiding in the dragon's skull is foreshadowing that she will warg a dragon. Why would George have Arya wanting to see a dragon, hiding in a dragon's skull, and bring over to Essos besides the HoBaW? Dragons! So my theory is that after Tyrion releases the dragons one will fly towards Braavos and Arya will make a connection with one of them. This could be one way Arya gets back to Westeros; either that or with Jeyne Pool and Barristan(? Is it Barristan?) 

What do you guys think of this theory? I think it's pretty cool and would make great story telling. But then again I'm not George...

What POV chapters were you skimming that lead to your theory? 

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:45 PM, WolfQueenArya said:

I have come across that theory. Another theory to add to that one is that Arya doesn't kill Dany but helps her take the throne so she can be the one to kill Cersie. Either way having Arya interact with Dany would be very interesting indeed. 

While I don't think she'd ride a dragon I would like to see her go back to the Red Keep.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:55 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I agree.  I could see Arya going back to Westeros with Danys army/navy.  It would be easy to blend in with so many people.

Although I go back and forth on this all the time, I do like the idea of Arya as the Volonqar.  She's called a boy so often, Cersei mistreated Sansa and Arya is Sansa's "little brother". 

39 minutes ago, DarkSister1001 said:

While I don't think she'd ride a dragon I would like to see her go back to the Red Keep.

Although I go back and forth on this all the time, I do like the idea of Arya as the Volonqar.  She's called a boy so often, Cersei mistreated Sansa and Arya is Sansa's "little brother". 

I agree with this! I have always thought Arya could be the Volonqar. 

11 hours ago, Lady Arya's Song said:

Perhaps  the scene of Arya hiding in the dragon down in the dungeons is also a metaphor for  " the dragon" =Jon = who secretly thinks about Arya his little sister whom he loves but is torn because he is supposed to give up his real life family for his NW brothers. 

So in effect Arya is hiding ( in his heart, in his thoughts) of our black dragon Jon.  He is trying to think of how to release her from Ramsey and where to send her to keep her safe in ADWD.  

I wonder sometimes if GRRM is using labyrinths and mazes in our series in more than one way! Literal, mythological, and perhaps metaphors for the thinking and minds, decisions some of the characters are making.

:D 

15 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I agree with this! I have always thought Arya could be the Volonqar. 

I see how it's possible to be Arya, Daario as part of the Second Sons, (F)Aegon, Jaime, Bran, Rickon, a shadow baby, etc.  But Arya is my favorite. 

16 hours ago, DarkSister1001 said:

When has Arya ever been called Sansa's little brother?

On 4/13/2016 at 5:10 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Have you heard the theory that Arya will be sent to kill/ spy on Dany and take Messindis Face?  Seems to fit.

Doesn't a person have to ask for death at the House of Black and White before their face can be made into a FM mask?  I don't think the FM necessarily take the faces of random people.

41 minutes ago, FrostyDornishman said:

Doesn't a person have to ask for death at the House of Black and White before their face can be made into a FM mask?  I don't think the FM necessarily take the faces of random people.

Jaqen/ the alchemist killed Pate and took his face, seemingly as a way to gain access to something or someone at the Citadel.

28 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Jaqen/ the alchemist killed Pate and took his face, seemingly as a way to gain access to something or someone at the Citadel.

Ah, good point.  Cool theory then!  It would be very interesting to see Arya with Dany, although I kinda hope Missandei survives for a while longer.

On 4/13/2016 at 5:08 PM, WolfQueenArya said:

I recently was thinking and starting to skim some characters chapters yet again when it really hit me: Arya hiding in the dragon's skull is foreshadowing that she will warg a dragon. Why would George have Arya wanting to see a dragon, hiding in a dragon's skull, and bring over to Essos besides the HoBaW? Dragons! So my theory is that after Tyrion releases the dragons one will fly towards Braavos and Arya will make a connection with one of them. This could be one way Arya gets back to Westeros; either that or with Jeyne Pool and Barristan(? Is it Barristan?) 

What do you guys think of this theory? I think it's pretty cool and would make great story telling. But then again I'm not George...

At one point while Arya was lost in the tunnels beneath the Read Keep she pretended that Nymeria was padding along beside her. Arya still has wolf dreams while she is living in Braavos at the HoBaW.

I tend to think that Arya will arrive in KL and somehow end up back in the Riverlands to be reunited with Nymeria & her pack.

May be wishful thinking on my part, but I think that there is going to be some sort of confrontation which causes Nymeria to come to Arya’s rescue.

Only thing I have to base that on is Arya's wolf dream where Nymeria found the dead Cat.

That night she [Arya] went to sleep thinking of her mother, and wondering if she should kill the Hound in his sleep and rescue Lady Catelyn herself. When she closed her eyes she saw her mother's face against the back of her eyelids. She's so close I could almost smell her . . .

. . . and then she could smell her. The scent was faint beneath the other smells, beneath moss and mud and water, and the stench of rotting reeds and rotting men. She padded slowly through the soft ground to the river's edge, lapped up a drink, the lifted her head to sniff. The sky was grey and thick with cloud, the river green and full of floating things. Dead men clogged the shallows, some still moving as the water pushed them, others washed up on the banks. Her brothers and sisters swarmed around them, tearing at the rich ripe flesh.

The crows were there too, screaming at the wolves and filling the air with feathers. Their blood was hotter, and one of her sisters had snapped at one as it took flight and caught it by the wing. It made her want a crow herself. She wanted to taste the blood, to hear the bones crunch between her teeth, to fill her belly with warm flesh instead of cold. She was hungry and the meat was all around, but she knew she could not eat.

The scent was stronger now. She pricked her ears up and listened to the grumbles of her pack, the shriek of angry crows, the whirr of wings and sound of running water. Somewhere far off she could hear horses and the calls of living men, but they were not what mattered. Only the scent mattered. She sniffed the air again. There it was, and now she saw it too, something pale and white drifting down the river, turning where it brushed against a snag. The reeds bowed down before it.

She splashed noisily through the shallows and threw herself into the deeper water, her legs churning. The current was strong but she was stronger. She swam, following her nose. The river smells were rich and wet, but those were not the smells that pulled her. She paddled after the sharp red whisper of cold blood, the sweet cloying stench of death. She chased them as she had often chased a red deer through the trees, and in the end she ran them down, and her jaw closed around a pale white arm. She shook it to make it move, but there was only death and blood in her mouth. By now she was tiring, and it was all she could do to pull the body back to shore. As she dragged it up the muddy bank, one of her little brothers came prowling, his tongue lolling from his mouth. She had to snarl to drive him off, or else he would have fed. Only then did she stop to shake the water from her fur. The white thing lay facedown in the mud, her dead flesh wrinkled and pale, cold blood trickling from her throat. Rise, she thought. Rise and eat and run with us.

The sound of horses turned her head. Men. They were coming from downwind, so she had not smelled them, but now they were almost here. Men on horses, with flapping black and yellow and pink wings and long shiny claws in hand. Some of her younger brothers bared their teeth to defend the food they'd found, but she snapped at them until they scattered. That was the way of the wild. Deer and hares and crows fled before wolves, and wolves fled from men. She bandoned the cold white prize in the mud where she had dragged it, and ran, and felt no shame.

When morning came, the Hound did not need to shout at Arya or shake her awake. She had woken before him for a change, and even watered the horses. They broke their fast in silence, until Sandor said, "This thing about your mother . . ."

"It doesn't matter," Arya said in a dull voice. "I know she's dead. I saw her in a dream." SoS Arya XII

Although for me it is a sad scene, I think it is one of Martin’s best. I’m of the opinion Arya’s place is with the wolves not the dragons.

I doubt the Faceless Men would send Arya after a target that close to her original life, especially given her refusal to be 'nobody.' She may do so on her own initiative, but I see no motive for her to do so.

I think there is a lot more to the FM than we have seen so far, so perhaps they could be saving her for another purpose linked to Dany that would require her real identity.

Archived