[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

evita mgfs

Bran’s half uncle, who is half undead and who rescued his nephew from the White Walkers, said he couldn’t go to The Wall; that it keeps out The Night King’s forces and isn’t just ice and rock, but contains spells that keep the dead North. Book fans talk about the Horn of Joramun, which the Wildlings dug for at one time and that has the power to destroy the wall. Can you give us a hint where this is going?

Benioff & Weiss: We don’t want to give away too much. There are the books, and the show, and it would be a disservice to both if we went into too much detail of, we’re going to use this or that. We’re not using that. What’s laid out in this season is, very clearly, The Wall isn’t just a physical structure that is keeping the army of the dead out. If it were, and if the Wildlings managed to make it over, at least in theory someone like The Night King has so much more in the way of both power and troops who’ll do literally anything he says. We have been laying out the likelihood that it’s going to be more difficult to get past The Wall than that, but we wanted to put that basic prospect out there. We’ll keep it at that for now

• 2 months later...

There are news for Meera in Season 7:

http://watchersonthewall.com/elli-kendrick-behind-scenes-game-thrones-season-6/

Meera remarks she is the protector of Bran and his help.

Meera’s main job is the protector. She’s not going to storm in there and tell everyone what to do. She’s the bodyguard. She’s the one who’s got Bran’s back, and she’s making sure that he gets to the places he needs to get to. She sees this as her duty to carry out this mission for him. It’s in her blood; the Reeds are fiercely loyal to the Starks, and she’ll give everything that it takes to protect Bran.

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Meera’s main job is the protector. She’s not going to storm in there and tell everyone what to do. She’s the bodyguard. She’s the one who’s got Bran’s back, and she’s making sure that he gets to the places he needs to get to. She sees this as her duty to carry out this mission for him. It’s in her blood; the Reeds are fiercely loyal to the Starks, and she’ll give everything that it takes to protect Bran.

Thank you for posting this, Meera (of Tarth ;))!

I am really looking forward to some more Bran and Meera scenes :wub:, my two favorites. The Reeds are really the most Northerners of the show: They remember!!!!!!!! :D

However there goes my hope for a coup d'etat organized by Meera, Bran's lady, to make her prince the King in the North! :D

29 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Thank you for posting this, Meera (of Tarth ;))!

I am really looking forward to some more Bran and Meera scenes :wub:, my two favorites. The Reeds are really the most Northerners of the show: They remember!!!!!!!! :D

LOL, this thread must  keep going on! Bran's supporters!:commie::commie:

They are the heart of the story. 

However there goes my hope for a coup d'etat organized by Meera, Bran's lady, to make her prince the King in the North! :D

I second that. Bran King in the North!! The rightful heir! And Meera with him on his side instigating it!:ph34r:

20 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Excellent, she's really given the story a lot of thought.

• 3 months later...

We have news from Isaac HR:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/08/game-of-thrones-season-7-isaac-hempstead-wright-bran/

Now I’m in this forest with all these random people, and now I’m having weird dreams,” but what Bran is thinking of above anything else is this sense of responsibility and purpose and not just being a kid anymore and doing whatever he wants to do. Bran has certainly understood that this is out of his control now. He’s a piece on the chessboard that has to make a move, and he hasn’t got any moves.

I think Bran has transcended “growing.” Growing up or being an adult is not on his to-do list anymore. It’s doing what he needs to do. He’s on another plane. It’s not like he has to grow up and prove himself a man. He just knows he has to do his stuff.

Bran is in the middle of nowhere but he is fully responsible and aware of the power of his abilities.

4 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

We have news from Isaac HR:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/08/game-of-thrones-season-7-isaac-hempstead-wright-bran/

Bran is in the middle of nowhere but he is fully responsible and aware of the power of his abilities.

Thanks for the interesting interview! :D

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

The best interviews are always from Isaac :)

Yep. I really love his take on Bran :D And he sounds really bright for his age.

And his interviews are making me a little excited about the next season. I will be happy to see Isaac and Ellie back on screen :P

@Meera of Tarth

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/your-game-of-thrones-theories-are-probably-right_us_58c0598be4b0ed7182696adb

There’s gonna be a Bran[d] new season of “Game of Thrones” this summer.

And following the events of Season 6, Isaac Hempstead Wright’s character Bran Stark seems to be more important than ever. Last year, we saw him get marked by the Night’s King, which destroyed the magical protection on the Three-eyed Raven’s cave. Then, while in a vision of the past, he inadvertently created a connection that caused Hodor to become Hodor ― his companion lost his mind while trying to “hold the door” to give Bran and Meera time to escape from wights.

:D

8 hours ago, Tijgy said:

Yes!! I want him to be very important as well!!

Let all the theories be true in case that means he's gonna be important!! They are cool, but the last one can't be true at this stage (don't think so)...but the ones that involve Bran....maybe

• 2 weeks later...

I was Reading the original script from the episode 4.10 that is on the Emmys' site (pg 35). Here is the oficial transcript:

The THREE-EYED RAVEN. A pale man in tattered black clothes sits in a tangled nest of roots -- a woven weirwood throne that wraps around his limbs. The roots have grown over him, under him, and through him, burrowed through his limbs and come out the other side. His hair is white and filament-thin, his skin pale white and stretch taut across his face like leather. The only part of him that really seems alive is his eyes.

BRAN You’re the Three-Eyed Raven.

THREE-EYED RAVEN I’ve been many things. Now I am what you see.

MEERA My brother... he led us to you, and now he... he...

THREE-EYED RAVEN He knew what would happen. From the moment he left, he knew. And he went anyway.

MEERA How do you know? THREE-EYED RAVEN I have been watching you. All of you, all of your lives, with a thousand eyes, and one. (beat) Now you’ve come to me at last, Brandon Stark, though the hour is late.

BRAN I didn’t want anyone to die for me.

THREE-EYED RAVEN He died so you could find what you have lost.

BRAN (confused, hopeful) You’re going to help me walk again?

THREE-EYED RAVEN You will never walk again. Bran is downcast. For a moment.

GAME OF THRONES "THE CHILDREN" 34 CONTINUED: (CONTINUED)

THREE-EYED RAVEN But you will fly.

I found interesting that they put the Word fly in italics in the script. I wonder if that means that there is indeed a deeper meaning, being it foreshadowing of something or metaphorical.

http://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/Downloads/Ep410_The_Children_Script.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

oooh! :wub:

But why does he have the stupid eye-roll eyes :rolleyes:

:crying: Because he'll have visions I suppose...but it's not his best pic.

At least he'll wear highborn clothes after many many seasons!

I would like to see Meera as well!

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

:crying: Because he'll have visions I suppose...but it's not his best pic.

At least he'll wear highborn clothes after many many seasons!

I would like to see Meera as well!

He will be again the Prince of Winterfell at least :P And I want to see her again. My "his lady and her prince" :wub:

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

He will be again the Prince of Winterfell at least :P And I want to see her again. My "his lady and her prince" :wub:

Oh yes, he will!!! 

My sweet babes:wub: I could rewatch all the show only with Bran's story and that would make me have a happy day.

And Meera is so lovely both in the show and the books

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Poor Meera. Uncle Ben isn't very nice :(

(But I love to see them together!)

Archived