[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

evita mgfs

First time Jor-El communicates with Clark in SMallville: (1.25)

And this is in S4 when Jor-El tells him inside the cave that the future of mankind is in his hands (1.15) and finally he arrives to the Artict to the Fortress to begin thereal learning:

Spoiler

spoilers of Season 5 and scenes of later seasons of Smallville: (mixture with SUperman's footage)

The Fortress of SOlitude

Something I remembered about Bran's visions regarding Jaime:

this is the very first time Bran sees Jaime since the fall, a character he doesn't remember because his unconscious blocked him. More than interesting.

21 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Something I remembered about Bran's visions regarding Jaime:

this is the very first time Bran sees Jaime since the fall, a character he doesn't remember because his unconscious blocked him. More than interesting.

A lot of people are saying that. Did he not start to remember it at a certain point in ACOK? The last time he says anything about the golden man in the books, he knows it is Jaime (I think he start to remember it after Cley told him about the incest)

An interview by Ellie about Meera's desire to protect Bran

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-ellie-kendrick-interview-898386

3 hours ago, Tijgy said:

A lot of people are saying that. Did he not start to remember it at a certain point in ACOK? The last time he says anything about the golden man in the books, he knows it is Jaime (I think he start to remember it after Cley told him about the incest)

An interview by Ellie about Meera's desire to protect Bran

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-ellie-kendrick-interview-898386

I don't remember it right now. DO you have the excerpt? 

Oh, thanks for the interview. I like she tries to focus a lot on her character (she is a crannogwoman) and has read the books.

22 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't remember it right now. DO you have the excerpt? 

Oh, thanks for the interview. I like she tries to focus a lot on her character (she is a crannogwoman) and has read the books.

Always ready to provide a Bran quote: 

The falling, Bran thought, and the golden man, the queen's brother, he scares me too, but mostly the falling. He did not say it, though. How could he? He had not been able to tell Ser Rodrik or Maester Luwin, and he could not tell the Reeds either. If he didn't talk about it, maybe he would forget. He had never wanted to remember. It might not even be a true remembering

It is always possible he suppress it afterwards again. It is in fact the last time I think he mentions the golden man? He at least want to forget about it.

About Ellie, she mentions the books a lot. It is really nice how she tries to explain why it is important to Meera she wants to help Bran, ... I really liked the interview.

6 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Always ready to provide a Bran quote: 

The falling, Bran thought, and the golden man, the queen's brother, he scares me too, but mostly the falling. He did not say it, though. How could he? He had not been able to tell Ser Rodrik or Maester Luwin, and he could not tell the Reeds either. If he didn't talk about it, maybe he would forget. He had never wanted to remember. It might not even be a true remembering

It is always possible he suppress it afterwards again. It is in fact the last time I think he mentions the golden man? He at least want to forget about it.

About Ellie, she mentions the books a lot. It is really nice how she tries to explain why it is important to Meera she wants to help Bran, ... I really liked the interview.

Thanks Tijgy!! :)

Yes, but he doesn't remember it's Jaime, isn't it?I think he doesn't recognise the golden man as Jaime, btw, not even in AGOT in his dream.

Maybe he suspects something, but his uncounscious tells him not to remember:

He had never wanted to remember. It might not even be a true remembering

Yes!!! I love her!!! She's so fantastic! And she is finally having exciting scenes!!

I wish they hadn't cut the story she tells Bran about the knight...

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, but he doesn't remember it's Jaime, isn't it?I think he doesn't recognise the golden man as Jaime, btw, not even in AGOT in his dream.

He says "the golden man, the queen's brother". So I think he does recognize him. He just doesn't tell anyone because it would make it true. But it is the last time actually he thinks about it (while before that it was mentioned several tiles and he was traumatized by it). So he might suppress it?

He does the same with Robb's death. He knows Robb and Grey Wind are dead but he doesn't tell it to the Reeds.

The dream he'd had . . . the dream Summer had had . . . No, I mustn't think about that dream. He had not even told the Reeds, though Meera at least seemed to sense that something was wrong. If he never talked of it maybe he could forget he ever dreamed it, and then it wouldn't have happened and Robb and Grey Wind would still be . . . 

The falling, Bran thought, and the golden man, the queen's brother, he scares me too, but mostly the falling. He did not say it, though. How could he? He had not been able to tell Ser Rodrik or Maester Luwin, and he could not tell the Reeds either. If he didn't talk about it, maybe he would forget. He had never wanted to remember. It might not even be a true remembering. 

(I had some fun with colors). There is a clear parallel between the two memories. He does know but he doesn't want to know. And if he never speaks about it, he might forget it. And then he denies the truth. 

This goes of course completely against what he has as a greenseer is supposed to be. A greenseer remembers, a greenseer find out the truth. 

OK! Yes.....but he doesn't associate the golden man with the shadow, and even less to the man that made something to him....he says the falling.....but does he remember he did it to him?

I think he knows there's something going on but he blocks anything because he knows it's not good!

Oh, and ShowBran has (I think for the first time?) seen Jaime since the fall.

13 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

He says "the golden man, the queen's brother". So I think he does recognize him. He just doesn't tell anyone because it would make it true. But it is the last time actually he thinks about it (while before that it was mentioned several tiles and he was traumatized by it). So he might suppress it?

He does the same with Robb's death. He knows Robb and Grey Wind are dead but he doesn't tell it to the Reeds.

The dream he'd had . . . the dream Summer had had . . . No, I mustn't think about that dream. He had not even told the Reeds, though Meera at least seemed to sense that something was wrong. If he never talked of it maybe he could forget he ever dreamed it, and then it wouldn't have happened and Robb and Grey Wind would still be . . . 

The falling, Bran thought, and the golden man, the queen's brother, he scares me too, but mostly the falling. He did not say it, though. How could he? He had not been able to tell Ser Rodrik or Maester Luwin, and he could not tell the Reeds either. If he didn't talk about it, maybe he would forget. He had never wanted to remember. It might not even be a true remembering. 

(I had some fun with colors). There is a clear parallel between the two memories. He does know but he doesn't want to know. And if he never speaks about it, he might forget it. And then he denies the truth. 

This goes of course completely against what he has as a greenseer is supposed to be. A greenseer remembers, a greenseer find out the truth. 

How could I have skipped that????????:bang: I didn't remember it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I like Bran???????

It's the only time he thinks about Jaime, isn't it?? Then it's true.

He remembers it, or something related to it, but it's not sure of it because he also has other dreams, and even the falling is a confusing event  for him, and I think that at this point he actually forgets about that, consciously, (but he will remember it in a future)

This idea may have been touched on already, but I think that the 3ER is something of a symbiotic relationship. It helps explain how the previous 3ER could be Brynden Rivers AND be 1000 years old. Brynden Rivers was Brynden AND the 3ER. Bran is now Bran AND the 3ER. I think once he finishes assimilating everything, he will be Bran plus every previous incarnation of himself. In other words, once he gets all settled in, I bet Bran will (in a way) be over 1000 years old too, because that's how long the 3ER entity has been being passed on. I for one don't subscribe to the bran looper theory.

12 hours ago, Castigear said:

This idea may have been touched on already, but I think that the 3ER is something of a symbiotic relationship. It helps explain how the previous 3ER could be Brynden Rivers AND be 1000 years old. Brynden Rivers was Brynden AND the 3ER. Bran is now Bran AND the 3ER. I think once he finishes assimilating everything, he will be Bran plus every previous incarnation of himself. In other words, once he gets all settled in, I bet Bran will (in a way) be over 1000 years old too, because that's how long the 3ER entity has been being passed on. I for one don't subscribe to the bran looper theory.

That's interesting.

Considering the dialogue in the show, I also think that the 3EC is a title that is inherited over the years from one greenseer to another.

I think that Bran may remain the same except fotr the fact that he has the ability to download from his head 1000 years of history,

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

That's intestresting.

Considering the dialogue in the show, I also think that the 3EC is a title that is inherited over the years from one greenseer to another.

I think that Bran ay remain the same except fotr the fact that he has the ability to download from his head 100 years of history,

It's definitely a title. I just wonder if it's not JUST a title and Bran is now host to another entity entirely, an entity that is kind of an amalgam of everyone who came before, just like maybe Brynden Rivers stopped just being Rivers long ago, back when he merged with the one who came before him.  I think that Rivers' dying while connected to Bran was entirely according to plan and the "its time for you to become me" process didn't even start until Rivers' death...kind of like the idea that if a body dies while warging into an animal you become the animal permanently. As a result we may see Bran's personality change quite a bit, because it may not just be him in there. 

4 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh, I don't Bran to become a -non-human! :(

Eh, still human, still Bran. Our experiences make up who we are. Imagine how different a person is at 20 years old vs 60. Now consider that Bran might have just been uploaded with 1000 years worth of memories of everyone who came before him. Once he makes sense of all of those experiences, he could behave quite differently...because in his HEAD, he's now 1000 years old (just like Rivers said before him).

42 minutes ago, Castigear said:

Eh, still human, still Bran. Our experiences make up who we are. Imagine how different a person is at 20 years old vs 60. Now consider that Bran might have just been uploaded with 1000 years worth of memories of everyone who came before him. Once he makes sense of all of those experiences, he could behave quite differently...because in his HEAD, he's now 1000 years old (just like Rivers said before him).

Oh I see, he being more "mature"  and wise

2 hours ago, Castigear said:

It's definitely a title. I just wonder if it's not JUST a title and Bran is now host to another entity entirely, an entity that is kind of an amalgam of everyone who came before, just like maybe Brynden Rivers stopped just being Rivers long ago, back when he merged with the one who came before him.  I think that Rivers' dying while connected to Bran was entirely according to plan and the "its time for you to become me" process didn't even start until Rivers' death...kind of like the idea that if a body dies while warging into an animal you become the animal permanently. As a result we may see Bran's personality change quite a bit, because it may not just be him in there. 

This is definitely what they sort of did on the show:

Bran had to absorb the history of the world in imagery. They talk about the 3ER just as a title you get but it is a part of him that is no longer Brandon Stark. But it is the 3ER and the 3ER is not entirely human."

From the Inside the Episode

In the book I actually the symbiotic relationship is rather with the trees; it is several times said greenseer after their dead go into the trees and not the next greenseer. 

But I do think you are right about the fact that in the show BR went into Bran instead of the trees.

Isn't Bran the most powerful entity cause of his time travel and influence on others through it? 

He can go back in time and see who Jaqen h'ghar is. Who created the Iron Bank and why. How the world came to be. Every single thing in history, every single conspiracy, every single lost information can be known to him. 

Add to that his capability to mask his whereabouts unless something happens like how they found the three-eyed raven, add his ability to potentially possess Dragons or at least very powerful personal guardians and there is the most powerful individual in the series. 

2 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Isn't Bran the most powerful entity cause of his time travel and influence on others through it? 

He can go back in time and see who Jaqen h'ghar is. Who created the Iron Bank and why. How the world came to be. Every single thing in history, every single conspiracy, every single lost information can be known to him. 

Add to that his capability to mask his whereabouts unless something happens like how they found the three-eyed raven, add his ability to potentially possess Dragons or at least very powerful personal guardians and there is the most powerful individual in the series. 

Good catch. I never thought on Bran discovering the greatest conspiracies of the world.

And what you say of him being the most powerful individual, he may already be, but that means the biggest responsibilities and more danger to overcome, as well :)

1 hour ago, House Cambodia said:

Thing is, when you examine everything written about the greenseers by GRRM, they see everything, they know everything, but like trees, they do nothing! Show Bran's going to have to go seriously off message!

I think Bran is more than a greenseer. We first learned about him a warger; then a greenseer and I suspect he will have to be more than that; like a hero or something.

we have been talking about his growing powers. He has "spoken" to several people (both in the books and at least once in the show) and we even suspect he began doing this in the prologue.

Archived