[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

evita mgfs

Welcome! :D This is the SISTER THREAD to “Bran’s Growing Powers AFTER his Last POV in ADwD” located in the ReRead Subforum.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/132143-bran%E2%80%99s-growing-powers-after-his-final-pov-in-adwd/&page=1

Here we will continue our discussion regarding how Bran’s growing powers manifest themselves in the HBO series Game of Thrones with a focus on how Martin reveals Bran’s growing powers in the novels from the series ASoIaF.

This thread is for HBO’s Game of Thrones and for book fans and also for those who only watch Game of Thrones but want to have a broader insight into Bran's powers as reflected in Martin’s novels.

Anybody who enjoys reading our thoughts and theories published here yet has a question, please feel free to ask anything at all.  Someone will endeavour to answer any questions:   don't worry -  no one bites!  

Although Evita is the name attached to this thread, I wish to acknowledge the exceptional scholars who are valuable contributors and an integral part of the PACK: :grouphug:  Wizz-The-Smith, Arya’s Song, BeMused, Fattest Leech, Longrider, Meera of Tarth, Ravenous Reader, and Tijgy.

Enjoy!:love:

Yay! to your new thread. I hope it does really well and allows people to look in to why Bran is such a pivotal player in the series.

From his start in episode 1 where he defies his parents and climbs some more, to his fall which started his awakening... this little kid tall young man is truly gifted.

I'm looking forward to reading the observations and comments here by the whole (impressive) pack of contributors! :cheers:

But I'll say one thing even before anyone posts...

I'm not happy with a thousand eyes, and two.

13 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I'm looking forward to reading the observations and comments here by the whole (impressive) pack of contributors! :cheers:

Oh!  Max VS has two eyes!  I did not even realize that.

We should post the screen caps here.  I do not know how - I hope one of our pack does.  I think we should look at the shots of Bran bound in roots, the 3EC, and Bran on horseback, all ways to kick off our discussion.

I do not like Bran flat on his back!

Yeah, Max von Sydow is a great actor but I was disappointed when I heard he was cast.  Honestly, to me, the ideal Bloodraven is a detailed puppet with a good voice actor (maybe Max von Sydow).  My heart sank when I saw shots of him and Bran walking around and talking.  Bran's trips through the weirwood net should have a damp earthy mysticism to it.  But it looks like they're just going to stroll through the past as easy as walking onto the holodeck or plugging into the matrix.

16 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Have you adjusted your tv screen brightness? ;)

21 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yay! to your new thread. I hope it does really well and allows people to look in to why Bran is such a pivotal player in the series.

From his start in episode 1 where he defies his parents and climbs some more, to his fall which started his awakening... this little kid tall young man is truly gifted.

Defiance, rebelliousness, good words to describe Bran. Both in the books and in the show he has shown a great sense of determination, pushing himself to the limit, climbing when he was not allowed, searching the three eyed crow, and now he has completed his first part of his trip. 

As we already know, Bran has been training all whole season five. in the books we are left approximately in the first steps of this training, when he envisions many important events, like we are told he will do this season.

But this little boy will be of greater importance now in the show. he is crucial. In the books has his first vision of the white walkers, amongst other things, right in his first chapters, and now....surprise....there is a similar scene in the trailer.

Promising.

Just now, Meera of Tarth said:

Defiance, rebelliousness, good words to describe Bran. Both in the books and in the show he has shown a great sense of determination, pushing himself to the limit, climbing when he was not allowed, searching the three eyed crow, and now he has completed his first part of his trip. 

As we already know, Bran has been training all whole season five. in the books we are left approximately in the first steps of this training, when he envisions many important events, like we are told he will donthis season.

But this little boy will be of greater importance now in the show. he is crucial. In the books has his first vision of the white walkers, amongst other things right in his first chapters, and now....surprise....there is a similar scene in the trailer.

promising.

I definitely agree.

I also hated Bran's absence last season, but it has made me more hungry for his advancing role this season.

I imagine we will see many major events filtered through his perspective.

This is sad, but I studied the films of Max Von Sidow when I was in college, and he was not a spring chicken then!  How old is he?  I hope he is in good health.  I do hate when actors do not outlive their roles.  And when they do, they kill them off - like poor Han Solo!

5 minutes ago, thehandwipes said:

Yeah, Max von Sydow is a great actor but I was disappointed when I heard he was cast.  Honestly, to me, the ideal Bloodraven is a detailed puppet with a good voice actor (maybe Max von Sydow).  My heart sank when I saw shots of him and Bran walking around and talking.  Bran's trips through the weirwood net should have a damp earthy mysticism to it.  But it looks like they're just going to stroll through the past as easy as walking onto the holodeck or plugging into the matrix.

Many here are a little weirded out to see so many fundamental changes to Bloodraven, I agree. I just hope that his relationship with Bran is more than just a kindly grandpa walking tour.

MVS is an amazing actor. I have no qualms with him. But I wonder why they changed his appearance so much? I liked the looks of the first tv Bloodraven better.

http://www.techinsider.io/game-of-thrones-bran-stark-bloodraven-season-6-2015-12

11 minutes ago, thehandwipes said:

Most definitely.  It sure is going to be weird seeing how the cave plays out.  I do think Max has the voice - but I wanted something creepy, you know, like Tim Burtonish!  Although if Burton directed, then Jonny Depp would be the 3EC and Helena Bonham Carter would be Leaf!

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Many here are a little weirded out to see so many fundamental changes to Bloodraven, I agree. I just hope that his relationship with Bran is more than just a kindly grandpa walking tour.

MVS is an amazing actor. I have no qualms with him. But I wonder why they changed his appearance so much? I liked the looks of the first tv Bloodraven better.

http://www.techinsider.io/game-of-thrones-bran-stark-bloodraven-season-6-2015-12

I don't like either Bloodraven.  This is what Bloodraven should look like, and I think a good puppet could pull that off. 

MVS is a fantastic actor and I don't blame him at all for not wanting to spend all that time getting prosthetics attached to him at his age.  I just don't see why it was necessary to get such a big name actor for the role.

6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Thanks for the link!  I will check it out!

Grandpa walking tour! :rofl:How do you come up with this stuff?  Maybe he will take his teeth out and soak them in everdent!

Anyway, the 3EC should be flat on his back and tied down with branches instead of Bran!

2 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

Most definitely.  It sure is going to be weird seeing how the cave plays out.  I do think Max has the voice - but I wanted something creepy, you know, like Tim Burtonish!  Although if Burton directed, then Jonny Depp would be the 3EC and Helena Bonham Carter would be Leaf!

Hahahahha!  I was just thinking this forum doesn't have enough Tim-Burton jokes.  Kudos to you!

Just now, thehandwipes said:

I don't like either Bloodraven.  This is what Bloodraven should look like, and I think a good puppet could pull that off. 

MVS is a fantastic actor and I don't blame him at all for not wanting to spend all that time getting prosthetics attached to him at his age.  I just don't see why it was necessary to get such a big name actor for the role.

I LOVE that picture of Bloodraven.

They did take a weedwhacker to his face to prune him up real nice, didn't they? I wonder if he will be a tree and mushrooms in the cave at his throne if there are cave scenes and he will be normal 2-eyed raven in the flashback scenes?

Speakin gof flashback scenes, I think in order to assess Bran's growing powers, then we should also start by listing the spoiler scenes we know he will have and how that will play in to the tv story.

Archived