[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

evita mgfs

Since Bran has met the NK in the show we should remember him in AGOT.

This weird "dream" he has while he is not conscious:

And he looked past the wall, past endless forests cloaked in snow, past the frozen shore and the great blue-white rivers of ice and the dead plains where nothing grew or lived. North and north and north he looked, to the curtain of light at the end of the world, and then beyond that curtain. He looked deep into the heart of winter, and then he cried out, afraid, and the heat of his tears burned on his cheeks.

We had some Bran scenes this episode or rather some visions. 

We found out Uncle Ben is alive (#Get Hype). Ben is the one who is the best at fighting the wights! While I would have preferred the scenes to be more emotional, we did learn some interesting stuff: 

- Ben: "Three-Eyed Raven sent for me" (Meera says he is dead) "And now he lives again." "The Children found me. They stopped the Walkers' magic taking hold." (by using dragon glass) "You must learn to control it before the NK comes. One way or another he will find his way to the realm of men. When he does, you will be there waiting for him. And you will be ready." (x)

So Bran is now called the 3ER. I actually think they just mean The Last Greenseer by this? BR was the Last Greenseer and now Bran? Just speculating. Ben as Coldhands is created by the same way as the WW and the magic of the WW can be stopped by using dragonglass? But Ben is a walking corpse? Which is something different as the WWs? Okay I am getting confused. 

It is mentioned Bran should learn control his powers so he will be ready for the NK. 

Ben also gives him blood to drink (but just rabbit blood)? Is this just ranger trick to give Bran some courage? Or does this has something to do with his powers?

And then about the visions. In this thread they started to talk about it: 

The post also included a link to every image of the vision: http://imgur.com/gallery/5WMdv/new. I actually preferred this way of doing the visions more than the visions of earlier this season. It does give them a more mysterious way. I really liked how they did this. 

The new images we had were actually Aerys and Wildfire. The rest of the images came from earlier seasons (Bran saw also his father, his mother and brother die. That is nice, then he heard about Summer and Hodor/already knew and then he hears from his uncle he is actually dead. Bran, your life completely sucks). And you have also an image with somebody wounded, blood, ...? Just after Ned calls for his sister? 

In After The Episode B&W say:

- Benjen was hanging around with 3ER. He is a window into Bran's purpose.

- "Bran had to absorb the history of the world in imagery. They talk about the 3ER just as a title you get but it is a part of him that is no longer Brandon Stark. But it is the 3ER and the 3ER is not entirely human." What is Bran then? A god?

(And Meera running to Bran :wub:)

14 hours ago, Tijgy said:

We had some Bran scenes this episode or rather some visions. 

We found out Uncle Ben is alive (#Get Hype). Ben is the one who is the best at fighting the wights! While I would have preferred the scenes to be more emotional, we did learn some interesting stuff: 

- Ben: "Three-Eyed Raven sent for me" (Meera says he is dead) "And now he lives again." "The Children found me. They stopped the Walkers' magic taking hold." (by using dragon glass) "You must learn to control it before the NK comes. One way or another he will find his way to the realm of men. When he does, you will be there waiting for him. And you will be ready." (x)

So Bran is now called the 3ER. I actually think they just mean The Last Greenseer by this? BR was the Last Greenseer and now Bran? Just speculating. Ben as Coldhands is created by the same way as the WW and the magic of the WW can be stopped by using dragonglass? But Ben is a walking corpse? Which is something different as the WWs? Okay I am getting confused. 

It is mentioned Bran should learn control his powers so he will be ready for the NK. 

Ben also gives him blood to drink (but just rabbit blood)? Is this just ranger trick to give Bran some courage? Or does this has something to do with his powers?

And then about the visions. In this thread they started to talk about it: 

The post also included a link to every image of the vision: http://imgur.com/gallery/5WMdv/new. I actually preferred this way of doing the visions more than the visions of earlier this season. It does give them a more mysterious way. I really liked how they did this. 

The new images we had were actually Aerys and Wildfire. The rest of the images came from earlier seasons (Bran saw also his father, his mother and brother die. That is nice, then he heard about Summer and Hodor/already knew and then he hears from his uncle he is actually dead. Bran, your life completely sucks). And you have also an image with somebody wounded, blood, ...? Just after Ned calls for his sister? 

In After The Episode B&W say:

- Benjen was hanging around with 3ER. He is a window into Bran's purpose.

Yes, Ben reappears after 5 seasons!!!!!!! and he gives him blood to make Bran more powerful, or rather...stability in his powers.

It was not emtional enough, but still liked it.

Is he a corpse? what is he? he was a colleague of 3ER? did the 3EC know than Bran would meet Ben????Is Ben half-human? 

I'm confused too!!!!!!!!! I think he is part of a new form of magic....just half-dead....not necessarily dead..maybe the children saved him before actually fying and that's why he looks  a little weird?

BTW, we get the First Aerys appearance and Burn them all!! I loved it!!!!! And also I see we get a glimpse of Cat's dying too!! Poor Bran!!!

He has to memorise all the history of Westeros and his family....

@Tijgy I'm confused with the red part I bolded...

- "Bran had to absorb the history of the world in imagery. They talk about the 3ER just as a title you get but it is a part of him that is no longer Brandon Stark. But it is the 3ER and the 3ER is not entirely human." What is Bran then? A god?

That's so confusing! I want Bran to be human!!!! with powers, but human, with a good ending...pleaseeeeeeeeee

(And Meera running to Bran :wub:)

That was PRICELESS. I loved how Meera cares about him :wub:

5 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

@Tijgy I'm confused with the red part I bolded...

I just wanted to say he probably already knew or learns when he wakes up, about Summer and Hodor death while in the same time he has also visions about his mother and brother death.

That was PRICELESS. I loved how Meera cares about him :wub:

Yeah, it was really amazing. 

That's so confusing! I want Bran to be human!!!! with powers, but human, with a good ending...pleaseeeeeeeeee

I wrote some long post in the Rant&Rave Thread about this. And my interpretation of the show: a part of Bran is now the godhood (all the history of Westeros) and 3ER became a part of him; while in the books the trees are the godhood, BR after his death would go into the trees and Bran's powers just mean he can access that godhood. This is my speculation. But it can change in the future, if we learn more about this in the show.

5 hours ago, Tijgy said:

I just wanted to say he probably already knew or learns when he wakes up, about Summer and Hodor death while in the same time he has also visions about his mother and brother death.

Yeah, it was really amazing. 

I wrote some long post in the Rant&Rave Thread about this. And my interpretation of the show: a part of Bran is now the godhood (all the history of Westeros) and 3ER became a part of him; while in the books the trees are the godhood, BR after his death would go into the trees and Bran's powers just mean he can access that godhood. This is my speculation. But it can change in the future, if we learn more about this in the show.

Spoiler

I'm a bit worried about "BR after his death would go into the trees". The other day I read a theory on Bran becoming a tree just like BR did  (and Jon the next Greenseer after him" in the Bran Paradox theory......

4 hours ago, Tijgy said:

A large part of the documentary is on filming the scenes with Bran in episode 5 & 6. 

Amazing!! and I like they present Hodor as the one who sacrificed again, instead of being warged.

16 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:
  Hide contents

I'm a bit worried about "BR after his death would go into the trees". The other day I read a theory on Bran becoming a tree just like BR did  (and Jon the next Greenseer after him" in the Bran Paradox theory......

I will answer when I have more time but 

Spoiler

since when is Jon a greenseer? He is a powerful warg but he is not a greenseer. It is literally even said by GRRM that the bond between Bran and Summer is special compared to the other Stark-Wolf bonds so this might probably even mean Bran is even a more powerful warg than Jon? is there also a reason why this is in the spoiler tag?

2 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I will answer when I have more time but 

Hide contents

since when is Jon a greenseer? He is a powerful warg but he is not a greenseer. It is literally even said by GRRM that the bond between Bran and Summer is special compared to the other Stark-Wolf bonds so this might probably even mean Bran is even a more powerful warg than Jon? is there also a reason why this is in the spoiler tag?

Spoiler

No...but it's a bit off-topic, so that's why I put the spoiler tag. Here is the thread...the last comment:

What bothers me is that the showrunners are saying and a part of 3EC becomes Brandon Startk. I don't think it's positive. I think that Bran may have a bad ending. A tragedy. I hope it's not. I'd like him to become the commander of the good guys against the Others, and don't die if it's possible.

But...look at the tree with the Children creating WW's...looks a lot like 3EC-.....that is even more confusing

Wishful thinking, but now that Bran is the Three-Eyed Crow/Raven, I want Bran to become a God! The powerful Greenseer and all! And then maybe fight Euron with his powerful magic? :D Yeah I know, stupid of me...

But with Bran's new power, it's going to be interesting how it will play out. We are still going to have more visions from him with the reveal that he can change the past. What other things he can do?

And regarding the whole Bran cause Aerys to become mad, I hope it isn't true cause of how cliché it sound and I want that the Mad King went insane due to the Targ incest..

2 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Wishful thinking, but now that Bran is the Three-Eyed Crow/Raven, I want Bran to become a God! The powerful Greenseer and all! And then maybe fight Euron with his powerful magic? :D Yeah I know, stupid of me...

D&D said he is not longer human because a part of Bran is now Raven so I do think you can start to consider Bran as a god on the show... He only cannot control his powers yet. 

4 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

D&D said he is not longer human because a part of Bran is now Raven so I do think you can start to consider Bran as a god on the show... He only cannot control his powers yet. 

Well, that reminds of Clark Kent.....and it ended well. If only they recreate a similar story.

"On this third planet from this star Sol, you'll be a god among men. They are a flawed race. Rule them with strength, my son. That is where your greatness lies."

...................Fron SV season 10:

Spoiler

"I know that it's because you have the whole last son of Krypton thing weighing on your shoulders. Okay, but thats why you got me," - Lois to Clark

I just have a feeling you're destined to do a lot more in this world then just score touchdowns."

"Chloe, you've been saying a lot of weird things to me lately. What makes you think I'm destined to do anything?" --Chloe Sullivan and Clark Kent, Recruit

I am not really familiar with SV or Clark Kent but it does sound similar? Both in the books and in the show it is several times said Bran will have enormous powers, his path will lead to a certain destiny, ... In the books this already became clear in the vision during his coma. 

During the conversation with Ben Bran says he doesnt know how to control his powers and his uncle says he has to control them before the NK comes. 

2 hours ago, Tijgy said:

I am not really familiar with SV or Clark Kent but it does sound similar? Both in the books and in the show it is several times said Bran will have enormous powers, his path will lead to a certain destiny, ... In the books this already became clear in the vision during his coma. 

During the conversation with Ben Bran says he doesnt know how to control his powers and his uncle says he has to control them before the NK comes. 

yes; in Smallville It takes ten years to Clark to fully control his powers. At first; he controls the basic ones such as eye-heating' but his biological father instructs him trough a misterious cave made of ice "The Fortress of Solitude" that is located in the Artict. Clark doesn't find the cave until s4-s5. Before that' his real father contacts him trough the spaceship and some kind of telepathy and sounds that appear in Clark's head.

his biological father died in Krypton many years ago but he managed to create an avatar of himself that speaks to him in the Fortress. He knew he would be like a god in this world and wanted to educate his son before becoming a hero and being able to fly; which is his last power.

what is interesting is that Clark finds a cave from where he can be teleported to the Fortress and learn more things. and that his father is like a spirit; although it actually is a virtual avatar: Created by him; a scientist from a civilization who were able to do many things. One of these is return to the past and Clark has to face a big problem when he visits the past. He learns the consequences of wanting to change things and that is part of his learning process.

it has re appeared.......the forum is crazy

ok just wanted to add that Clark also have to make some sacrifices and some friends are lost in the process as well.

and destiny is present all the time (because it was an alternate universe of Superman) and we all know he becomes a hero.

Archived