Lady Stoneheart brings back Jon Snow

Destru911

A lot of people has the idea that Melissandre will resurrect Jon because we saw  her coming back to Castle Black on the series, to me this theory is to obvious for me lo belive it.

On the series Jeyne Poole is replace by Sansa Stark. Now all the 7 kingdoms know that Sansa is back at Winterfell, probably the word that she escapes spreads out, this could be the perfect oportunity for Lady Stoneheart to go with the Brotherhood and rescue her or maybe the brotherhood was already waiting her outside since the beginning.

Probably once they rescue Sansa they go to Castle black to be save and once they're in Castle Black, Lady Stoneheart gives him the "Kiss of life" just like Beric Dondarrion did with her.

***I'm new at the forum so i dont know if anyone else has talk about this**

I dont think so, mainly for some reasons:

- Caitlyn didnt really like Jon Snow and it appears to me that certain feelings and emotions tend to be increased when youre undead/resurrected. So I dont think she deems it necessary to change his current state (if she has that power at all that is)

- It takes several weeks to travel from where she is now (somewhere south of the Neck) to Castle Black or even Winterfell. Until shes reached Castle Black he will either be decomposed and/or buried or burned (before or after he returned as wight)

- Lets not forget that there isnt yet a Lady Stoneheart in the series (this might be the wrong forum btw)

2 hours ago, bb1180 said:

4 hours ago, moonshield said:

- It takes several weeks to travel from where she is now (somewhere south of the Neck) to Castle Black or even Winterfell. Until shes reached Castle Black he will either be decomposed and/or buried or burned (before or after he returned as wight)

We never know much time pass for the brotherhood to find Catelyn body, besides her body was on the water, one day at the water means a big degradation to the body. 

I dont think they will left her out of the show, the most probably thing is that she will play a big role on the books and in the show...

6 minutes ago, Destru911 said:

We never know much time pass for the brotherhood to find Catelyn body, besides her body was on the water, one day at the water means a big degradation to the body. 

I dont think they will left her out of the show, the most probably thing is that she will play a big role on the books and in the show...

i think the cut her out of the show because they feel it would uncut jon's return. "death does matter anymore" would have been the first thing people would have said. 

but again why would she try to bring him back more likely she would try to kill him if she ever saw him. 

5 hours ago, moonshield said:

I dont think so, mainly for some reasons:

- Caitlyn didnt really like Jon Snow and it appears to me that certain feelings and emotions tend to be increased when youre undead/resurrected. So I dont think she deems it necessary to change his current state (if she has that power at all that is)

I don't think that is a problem at all, it is in fact why I love the idea. The fact she loathed and feared him while alive is what makes this such a great idea. You could say her main story arc all revolves around Ned, Robb, Jon and that dreadful secret Ned never told her. She knows that Robb's last wish was that Jon would succeed him, and it is very difficult to not keep the dying wish of someone you love so much. It would be a very poignant moment if she gave up her own "life" to bring back the one she hated.  

5 hours ago, moonshield said:

- Lets not forget that there isnt yet a Lady Stoneheart in the series (this might be the wrong forum btw)

The show is irrelevant to this. It might sometimes give a hint of what is to come, but it is already more different than similar, and will not hesitate to do the same things in different ways. But the geographical problem is a problem. Jon would basically have to be stored in an ice cell or she would have already had to be on her way up to the wall well before he was stabbed. It seems a bit too convoluted.

1 minute ago, Makk said:

I don't think that is a problem at all, it is in fact why I love the idea. The fact she loathed and feared him while alive is what makes this such a great idea. You could say her main story arc all revolves around Ned, Robb, Jon and that dreadful secret Ned never told her. She knows that Robb's last wish was that Jon would succeed him, and it is very difficult to not keep the dying wish of someone you love so much. It would be a very poignant moment if she gave up her own "life" to bring back the one she hated.  

The show is irrelevant to this. It might sometimes give a hint of what is to come, but it is already more different than similar, and will not hesitate to do the same things in different ways. But the geographical problem is a problem. Jon would basically have to be stored in an ice cell or she would have already had to be on her way up to the wall well before he was stabbed. It seems a bit too convoluted.

Yeah but she is not Catelyn. Catelyn loved her family. I think there is a good chance she tries to kill or does kill members of catelyn's family. 

This is not what she wanted. this is not what is left of her after she is gone. 

Just now, 239JMFL34109 said:

Yeah but she is not Catelyn. Catelyn loved her family. I think there is a good chance she tries to kill or does kill members of catelyn's family. 

This is not what she wanted. this is not what is left of her after she is gone. 

You don't really know what she wants since her rebirth. We haven't had a Stoneheart PoV. All we have is a few ominous comments from people who have seen her actions but don't necessarily understand them. 

But I think some of these quotes are interesting.

A trestle table had been set up across the cave, in a cleft in the rock. Behind it sat a woman all in grey, cloaked and hooded. In her hands was a crown, a bronze circlet ringed by iron swords. She was studying it, her fingers stroking the blades as if to test their sharpness. Her eyes glimmered under her hood

and 

The woman in grey gave no answer. She studied the sword, the parchment, the bronze-and-iron crown. Finally she reached up under her jaw and grasped her neck, as if she meant to throttle herself. Instead she spoke . . . Her voice was halting, broken, tortured. The sound seemed to come from her throat, part croak, part wheeze, part death rattle. The language of the damned, thought Brienne. "I don't understand. What did she say?"

she seems contemplative and has Robbs crown. She is definitely not the mindless zombie a lot of people seem to believe because she has been leading the BWB and plotting for quite some time moving all over the place. We will see with the next book. I'm definitely not convinced she will resurrect Jon, but I do think there is a lot more to her than you do.

1 hour ago, Makk said:

Her main porpouse was to save her daugthers, why being alive again will change that fact? (i know that they change the story of sansa from the books). Now that on the series sansa is in the north, she probably has that information and it could be possible that she finds out of her escape and trys to take the oportunity, then go to safety to Castle Black....

Is to obvious and to dumb to think that Melissandre will bring back Jon and to think that all Red priests have the same "power" as Thoros of myr is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Makk said:

You don't really know what she wants since her rebirth. We haven't had a Stoneheart PoV. All we have is a few ominous comments from people who have seen her actions but don't necessarily understand them. 

But I think some of these quotes are interesting.

A trestle table had been set up across the cave, in a cleft in the rock. Behind it sat a woman all in grey, cloaked and hooded. In her hands was a crown, a bronze circlet ringed by iron swords. She was studying it, her fingers stroking the blades as if to test their sharpness. Her eyes glimmered under her hood

and 

The woman in grey gave no answer. She studied the sword, the parchment, the bronze-and-iron crown. Finally she reached up under her jaw and grasped her neck, as if she meant to throttle herself. Instead she spoke . . . Her voice was halting, broken, tortured. The sound seemed to come from her throat, part croak, part wheeze, part death rattle. The language of the damned, thought Brienne. "I don't understand. What did she say?"

she seems contemplative and has Robbs crown. She is definitely not the mindless zombie a lot of people seem to believe because she has been leading the BWB and plotting for quite some time moving all over the place. We will see with the next book. I'm definitely not convinced she will resurrect Jon, but I do think there is a lot more to her than you do.

See i think the reason we have not had one is to reinforce that she is not Catelyn. I never said she was mindless but she is not catelyn, she is not that person. This what was left behind after her death anger hate spite and etc... she is an embodiment of what war turn us into how it robs you of who you were before and all the good in you. 

2 hours ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

See i think the reason we have not had one is to reinforce that she is not Catelyn. I never said she was mindless but she is not catelyn, she is not that person. This what was left behind after her death anger hate spite and etc... she is an embodiment of what war turn us into how it robs you of who you were before and all the good in you. 

Why in seven hells are you saying that? beric dondarrion die, but he didn't came back as a maniac, relentless zombie...this "new life" could be the opportunity to change and rethink all the bad choices she made in life

2 minutes ago, Destru911 said:

Why in seven hells are you saying that? beric dondarrion die, but he didn't came back as a maniac, relentless zombie...this "new life" could be the opportunity to change and rethink all the bad choices she made in life

yes beric died and forgot all about who he was and the people he loved. He became obsessed with the quest that lord stark gave him. What was left of him brought her back and she was in an even worse state. Also never said zombie. i said she is what is left of catelyn if she was still her we would have got her point of view but we have not because catelyn was a pov character not LSH. Also what bad choices is she rethinking? she is killing those that she blames even in a small way for what happened. here video that talks about LSH and beric. LSH is humanity after and in war.

19 hours ago, Destru911 said:

On the series Jeyne Poole is replace by Sansa Stark. Now all the 7 kingdoms know that Sansa is back at Winterfell, probably the word that she escapes spreads out, this could be the perfect oportunity for Lady Stoneheart to go with the Brotherhood and rescue her or maybe the brotherhood was already waiting her outside since the beginning.

I think you are getting your mediums confused. I don't go searching for show spoilers so as far as I know lady Stoneheart doesn't exist there. And that's all I will say about the show...

The 7 kingdoms know that ARYA is in Winterfell. But LSH knows that Arya was with the BWB after Ned's death so she most likely didn't fall for Littlefinger's ruse that she was in KL the whole time.

But even so, some fans do think curiosity did kill the cat (get it?) And she sent Harwen to check out WF and was spotted by Theon as the hooded man. If that's the case, I feel like his mission would be a stealth one. Who better to run away with one person than a stable boy raised in WF

LSH having anything to do with Jon's resurrection is sweet if highly unlikely.   It is that crown turning that led me to the idea in the 1st place.  These fire zombies (I said it, sorry), are not human.  They seem to "live" this 2nd life with whatever that last thought was blazing in their minds.   Cat died with unimaginable betrayal, shock, loss and desperate vengeance.    Remember?   She's the one who sliced Jingle Bell's throat open.   She never at any time expressed any interest in supporting Jon Snow in any way.   She was mortified when Rob suggested Jon become his heir.   No, I can't see her taking part in this, but I do think that crown has an important part to play in things.  She may well play into helping Jon without ever intending to.   "Life" after her brutal death will not make her more charitably disposed toward Jon.  Look at her mean treatment of Brienne, Cat's own sworn sword.  

I think we have to look at the purpose LSH has to serve and in which character's arc that purpose best fits.   Cat was important to Little Finger, all her children, Brienne & Jaime, Edmure and Blackfish.   Have I missed anyone?   It is one (or a few) of these 9 characters' arcs LSH will serve her purpose.   LSH is the epitome of single minded vengeance.  Who would be served best by running into that?  

13 hours ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

if she thought he was ned? maybe

Honestly i got the feel the LSH is going to try to kill Catelyn's family at some point. 

I'd only believe it if she mistook Jon for Ned, he is supposed to look like a younger Ned Stark and he's almost 18 so he might remind LSH of how Ned used to look when he was 18.

Too much wishful thinking though.

On 4/14/2016 at 0:37 AM, Destru911 said:

A lot of people has the idea that Melissandre will resurrect Jon because we saw  her coming back to Castle Black on the series, to me this theory is to obvious for me lo belive it.

Probably once they rescue Sansa they go to Castle black to be save and once they're in Castle Black, Lady Stoneheart gives him the "Kiss of life" just like Beric Dondarrion did with her.

***I'm new at the forum so i dont know if anyone else has talk about this**

You should probably post this in show forum. In the books, Sansa is not at Winterfell

I actually kind of like this idea. (F)Arya is in WF or its at least her last known whereabouts. Maybe she comes upon Jon somehow (travel in this series not always making sense with the timelines anyways) & magics him back to life. She may find him more capable to find and save/help her other children. There's also always the possibility of remorse for how she treated him when she was alive.  

5 hours ago, Destru911 said:

Probably something to do with her having been given the appearance of the grim reaper. General commitment to killing people. Her arrival having put Thoros' moral compass in a spin. The brotherhood fracturing under her leadership. The type of person that is thriving under her leadership.

Archived