Theory on Jon's ressurrection

Whomping.Willow

Well first of all I want to inform this post is based more on new trailer of season 6 rather than books. Now everyone is counting on Melissandre to resurrect Jon and at the current moment its most obvious option before us. She will have a part in his resurrection but but somehow I think things will be not that straightforward and easy. Although the entire second trailer was magnificently done there were two scenes which stand out for me - the white walker scene just right after Davos finishes his speech of dead are coming. There was a clip of someone swinging fireball at someone and then white walkers crossing fire. Now after the massacre of hardhome I doubt any one would from night watch or wildlings who came this side would go beyond the wall without any reason. And I doubt show would show any random white walker action sequence with some random wildlings who may still be alive north of wall. Even bloodraven's place is warded by some magic. And although there was one shot of Meera looking at something I doubt a whole action action piece of white walkers is needed for just 2-3 characters of which two are combined to trees. So question remains what was that scene of white walkers about? And where are they attacking and whats with all the fire all around? Second question which is in my mind is its never showed in the show or for the fact in books too that whether Davos believes white walkers attack and wight attacks beyond the wall. At least he definitely doesn't believe with that strong assurance with which it was shown in the trailer. He is definitely not the one to believe things by looking in Melissandre's flame. Plus in the first trailer it was shown even melissandre faith is shaken in R'hallor. So what happened to make him believe that real threats are white walkers and rising dead? 

My guess - white walkers attack will happen next during Jon snow's funeral and that may happen beyond wall. And that's where Jon will be resurrected. And no he wont be a wight. First of all the scene in the trailer where Thorne and his cronies are going to try to get Jon's body and Davos and other night watchmen trying to stop them is not a scene where Thorne is trying to stop his resurrection. Its simply about getting his body. I belief in show Ramsay does sent a letter to wall but its received by Allister thorne and in the letter he demanded Night watch to kill Jon because he is the only one to whom Sansa can run too. He may have warned them of killing everyone at wall and other grave consequence and that's what may have prompted them to kill Jon. And now Thorne and other may be just trying to get his head or something as proof to Ramsay that they did as he asked. Any way point is funeral of Jon will happen and most likely it will happen beyond the wall beneath weirwood trees where they take oath. And that's where white walkers will attack. And that's where Davos will understand who the real threat is. Second point is I believe Melissandre will be there too for the funeral and will play significant role in Jon's resurrection but it will be not just the fire magic which will resurrect him but also the ice magic of white walkers.

If R+L = J is true which is basically almost confirmed now with TOJ flashback happening - Jon has always represented balance between fire and ice. He is as per me is song of ice and fire. He do not represent just one element. So his resurrection happening just with fire or just ice does not make sense. For him to be the song of ice and fire in his resurrection both element should play pivotal role. Thus his resurrection will need to happen in such a way that magic from both aspects would combine to bring him back. And one more thing his resurrection should not be a planned resurrection - it would happen spontaneously thus making it truly magical event. I believe in his funeral pyre melissandre will have vision again and this time around she will sacrifice herself bringing R'hallor magic and whitewalker's mojo will be done at same time - thus ending in a weird combination of magic which will end in Jon rising again. So far in both trailers we haven't seen Melissandre in any scene apart from wall unlike Davos. So I think she won't survive beyond episode 2 or 3 of this season.  

So what do you guys think about this? Is there possibility of this happening or I am just overthinking it and Melissandre alone would resurrect Jon ?

Archived