SpaceChampion

The Expanse #2: Caliban's Thread - [spoilers for book only up to latest tv show episode]

505 posts in this topic

All right... This may be the stupidest of all the stupid questions, but am I right to think that Belters are from Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter and not from the Kuiper Belt? I never got that deep into the astronomy of the show, but it may have been a mistake...

10 minutes ago, Risto said:

All right... This may be the stupidest of all the stupid questions, but am I right to think that Belters are from Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter and not from the Kuiper Belt? I never got that deep into the astronomy of the show, but it may have been a mistake...

That's correct.

2 hours ago, Consigliere said:

That's correct.

I was back and forth with this one... At first I thought it was Kuiper, and then the common sense suggested it was actually Asteroid Belt, so I thought that's that. And then today had the discussion with one of my friends who argued it was Kuiper, so I had to ask :D 

5 minutes ago, Risto said:

I was back and forth with this one... At first I thought it was Kuiper, and then the common sense suggested it was actually Asteroid Belt, so I thought that's that. And then today had the discussion with one of my friends who argued it was Kuiper, so I had to ask :D 

Ceres is a dwarf planet in the asteroid belt. The Kuiper belt has Pluto and a lot of icy bodies. Since a lot of the story is on Ceres, that should settle the debate.

Posted (edited)

This thread is getting thick, new thread time?  Abaddon's Post!

Edited by SpaceChampion