A theory on how Jorah can survive the greyscale.

Abdallah

Ok so Jorah Mormont has greyscale and it might kill him. Or will it? I was thinking of Moqorro healing Victorian's arm. Perhaps the new red woman can heal up Jorah with firemagic. that is what win Daenerys over. 

On 15/4/2016 at 11:22 PM, Abdallah said:

Ok so Jorah Mormont has greyscale and it might kill him. Or will it? I was thinking of Moqorro healing Victorian's arm. Perhaps the new red woman can heal up Jorah with firemagic. that is what win Daenerys over. 

or Yara has another healer in her ship and finds Jorah, captures him to find Dany and heals him

It's very cinematic, he and Dany - like a beauty and a beast. So I suspect he will go full greyscale, but with a sheer willpower will stay human, longer than imaginable, and maybe in some decisive moment will help with last ounces of energy...

18 hours ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

I think jon will kill jorah and dany long term but the red priestess getting in dany's good graces by saving jorah would be great. 

It would also add a wedge between varys camp (strong anti magic) and dany's camp

I think it would be interesting to see how will Dany apparoch this R'hllor thing and if she helps Jorah. Even more so. But something tells me Jorah's greyscale will play a part like with JonCon in the books. It will spread.

5 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I think it would be interesting to see how will Dany apparoch this R'hllor thing and if she helps Jorah. Even more so. But something tells me Jorah's greyscale will play a part like with JonCon in the books. It will spread.

think he did enough to start that  plague last season. seriously would not surprise me to see greyscales spreading in the city even as he is away cause he spent enough time there before. 

Obv Azor Ahai will wake dragons out of that stone man :huh:

Lots of possibilities there, though personally I wish Jorah would just die already. Too many Dany fanboys as it is.

I'm surprised no one has speculated anything about linking him with Shireen's greyscale. I cant remember if it was ever specified in the book which particular healer or method stopped her's. I feel like those two storylines will relate somehow.

12 hours ago, The Oily Black Stone said:

Obv Azor Ahai will wake dragons out of that stone man :huh:

Lots of possibilities there, though personally I wish Jorah would just die already. Too many Dany fanboys as it is.

I'm surprised no one has speculated anything about linking him with Shireen's greyscale. I cant remember if it was ever specified in the book which particular healer or method stopped her's. I feel like those two storylines will relate somehow.

yeah nothing in the books as to what cures greyscale.  think darrio dies this season. 

In the books, Jon Connington is bringing the Grey Scale to Westeros. This Grey Scale must be something important if D&D are keeping it, while dropping so many other parts of the story. The easiest guess is to have many people dying of the disease. We don't know what will happen, but for both book and show, I don't think a red priest will come and heal the diseases as if it was nothing.

2 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

In the books, Jon Connington is bringing the Grey Scale to Westeros. This Grey Scale must be something important if D&D are keeping it, while dropping so many other parts of the story. The easiest guess is to have many people dying of the disease. We don't know what will happen, but for both book and show, I don't think a red priest will come and heal the diseases as if it was nothing.

IT can spread i he could be heal. i doubt t will be as if it where nothing. darrio is going to die. i could see dany killing him to save jorah 

If greyscale is indeed magical in nature, I think it's likely that there are two possibilities, that it somehow  links up with either fire magic or ice magic.

After all, the stone men are quarantined in the vicinity of Valyria where regular people dont survive. It could be just a coincidence since that region is deserted otherwise. Or more insidiously,  the region's residual  fire magic helps to stall the disease or otherwise helps the sufferers cope with it.

As for ice magic, it's always been a pet theory of mine that greyscale cancels out wights. Theyre like opposites - wights are dead flesh that are reanimated while greyscale turns living flesh into "dead" and rigid stone. I dunno if there is a whole thread about this somewhere, if anyone can find one please let me know :)

Anyway, on topic, since Jorah is creeping on Dany and Dany is likely to head up to the Wall eventually, I think that's where the greyscale storyline will become a significant gamechanger! Plagues come and go in Essos all the time and Jon/Val's exchange about Shireen's greyscale seemed foreshadowy to me.

17 hours ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

think he did enough to start that  plague last season. seriously would not surprise me to see greyscales spreading in the city even as he is away cause he spent enough time there before. 

It might spread and than cured by Red Priestess as favour for Dany. To bring her to her side and R'hllor. Since D&D keeps it in the show...it must be for a reason and Jorah will bring it to Westeros with Dany. That's another option. Decimated their ranks and even random people before the war against White Walkers. Really curious to see how they approach this. Or perhaps even he'll sacrifice himself for her because he thinks there is no way back from greyscale. He's such a tragic character.

5 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Indeed.  If they are following the Connington route that would suggest Jorah either infects someone who makes it to Westeros or brings it to Westeros himself.

The greyscale is probably another tool for GRRM to weaken the realm of Westeros to the point where all seems lost in the face of the onslaught of the Others as they raise more and more dead.

The show has erased the different between the beatable childhood version of greyscale and unbeatable adult version-in the show Stannis was told Shireen was doomed and he had to work hard to save her. So Jorah could survive like Shireen.

I agree with the theory that Jorah will spread it. Also, that will be the only truly relevant of the doomed JonCon, Aegon and the rest-spreading greyscale.

Archived