3rd Trailer!

Snarky

Its a vision...

The same weirwood under which he is, after winter has arrived...

I think in his dreams (visions), it is cold.

He gets up. It is snowing outside. He hears something.

He goes outside...it is dark, it is snowing continuously and it is damn cold.

Suddenly he hears something and sees the army of death marching to him. Terrifiedhe looks around.

And thts when the night's king grabs his hand.

(The trailer)

Is Ellaria Sand the first we've seen of Dorne so far in all the clips, because I don't remember seeing any of it. Despite how terrible it was outside of Siddig, I'm somehow kind of curious to see what they do with Dorne. Can't get any worse down south, can it?

Nope, the expert swordsman does not pick up a sword from a fallen foe. 

The expert swordsman draws two swords from their scabbards... Even though it has been shown time and again through history and experience that two long swords in battle will gets you killed faster than you move to defend yourself. 

This stood out to me right away as wrong and detracts from the fight. 

I'll be pretty pissed if that Walker march turns out to be just a vision or something, like the dragon's shadow over KL in the S4 trailer (though that was obviously going to be a vision). Screw all of the other storylines, Bran and the Night King is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Most of the same footage, although we did get a glimpse of Ellaria (which I'm not wild about, I was hoping they'd just leave Dorne as a lost cause).

59 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Ellaria must die for what she did and Trystane, what the hell is he going to do. Even Show Sansa, dumb as she is could figure out the Dornish poisoned Myrcella.

This. That ending from last season had me tearing my hair out. How she can kill Myrcella and not expect the Lannister's to kill Trystane in retaliation is beyond me. As I've said before, they made so many mistakes with that storyine, I'd actually rather they pretend it never happened than try to pick up the pieces.

9 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

Most of the same footage, although we did get a glimpse of Ellaria (which I'm not wild about, I was hoping they'd just leave Dorne as a lost cause).

This. That ending from last season had me tearing my hair out. How she can kill Myrcella and not expect the Lannister's to kill Trystane in retaliation is beyond me. As I've said before, they made so many mistakes with that storyine, I'd actually rather they pretend it never happened than try to pick up the pieces.

Yeah. My husband came from his office to make sure things were ok because I went crazy over that "detail". 

But now I wonder, did we ever see Trystane on that boat for sure? I never saw a second boat in the water that could have Trysrane on it that could conceivably turn around with enough time to make sure Myrcella died. 

I am excited for the scenes that do not seem to fit in with the two parts of what the voice overlay is saying...

Tyrion voice "wherever you are, wherever you  go, someone wants to murder you.."  unlike the scenes related to death,fighting, or danger, but the scene with Cersei and Jamie necking,  thats odd why would they pu.... wait a minute...is the rift between Jamie and Cersei going to get that bad this season?  excitement rising....is this the valonqar prophecy possibly happening?

(Tyrion?) voice  "Are you afraid?"  there are scenes with obvious reason to be afraid, except for the hand on the rim of the fire, huh? Melisandre taking her clothes off,  Littlefinger in the snowy woods, seeing someone we don't see?. gggrrrr!!!! Who is Littlefinger afraid of ????? Sansa?  a Northern lord? Bolton?? another rumored character? who who who?!?                  frustration and impatience rising,

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yeah. My husband came from his office to make sure things were ok because I went crazy over that "detail". 

But now I wonder, did we ever see Trystane on that boat for sure? I never saw a second boat in the water that could have Trysrane on it that could conceivably turn around with enough time to make sure Myrcella died. 

the question is...does she care about Trystane=

45 minutes ago, Dizzy Walker said:

I am excited for the scenes that do not seem to fit in with the two parts of what the voice overlay is saying...

Tyrion voice "wherever you are, wherever you  go, someone wants to murder you.."  unlike the scenes related to death,fighting, or danger, but the scene with Cersei and Jamie necking,  thats odd why would they pu.... wait a minute...is the rift between Jamie and Cersei going to get that bad this season?  excitement rising....is this the valonqar prophecy possibly happening?

(Tyrion?) voice  "Are you afraid?"  there are scenes with obvious reason to be afraid, except for the hand on the rim of the fire, huh? Melisandre taking her clothes off,  Littlefinger in the snowy woods, seeing someone we don't see?. gggrrrr!!!! Who is Littlefinger afraid of ????? Sansa?  a Northern lord? Bolton?? another rumored character? who who who?!?                  frustration and impatience rising,

It's

Spoiler

LSH :)

I'm pretty upset about what they did to Ellaria. In Season 4 she was perfect, but after Oberyn died things went downhill. In the books, his death was a wake up call. She realized that going after revenge would turn it into a cycle of death. Innocent people would keep dying to avenge the ones who died seeking for revenge, and so on. In the show, she should have Dany's line "I will break the wheel". She should be the one reasoning with the Sand Snakes saying "Enough! We've had too much blood already, and for nothing! Revenge won't bring anyone back, so just stop!". Instead, they turned her into a cold hearted bitch (seems we kinda got a Lady Stoneheart after all!), who wants to torture and kill an innocent girl (something Oberyn himself said would never happen in Dorne "We don't hurt little girls in Dorne").

It's sad really because I got a great admiration for book Ellaria. She has her head and heart in the right places. It adds more depth to her. She was a bastard, who was the concubine of a Prince of Dorne, who was deeply in love with him, and still they engaged in various sexual activities with other people, but always together; she was a good mother, caring lover, wild beast in bed, reasonable woman, with a surprising sense of how bloody the world can be and how to stay out of it. Why did they just ruin that??

Sorry, I just needed to get it out of my chest.

3 hours ago, Anna Marzo said:

I'm pretty upset about what they did to Ellaria. In Season 4 she was perfect, but after Oberyn died things went downhill. In the books, his death was a wake up call. She realized that going after revenge would turn it into a cycle of death. Innocent people would keep dying to avenge the ones who died seeking for revenge, and so on. In the show, she should have Dany's line "I will break the wheel". She should be the one reasoning with the Sand Snakes saying "Enough! We've had too much blood already, and for nothing! Revenge won't bring anyone back, so just stop!". Instead, they turned her into a cold hearted bitch (seems we kinda got a Lady Stoneheart after all!), who wants to torture and kill an innocent girl (something Oberyn himself said would never happen in Dorne "We don't hurt little girls in Dorne").

It's sad really because I got a great admiration for book Ellaria. She has her head and heart in the right places. It adds more depth to her. She was a bastard, who was the concubine of a Prince of Dorne, who was deeply in love with him, and still they engaged in various sexual activities with other people, but always together; she was a good mother, caring lover, wild beast in bed, reasonable woman, with a surprising sense of how bloody the world can be and how to stay out of it. Why did they just ruin that??

Sorry, I just needed to get it out of my chest.

They merged her character with Arianne Martell.  I liked book Ellaria better, too, but the show has to economize.

52 minutes ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

They merged her character with Arianne Martell.  I liked book Ellaria better, too, but the show has to economize.

Not even Arianne wanted to murder Myrcella. She wanted to crown the girl. She even had a smart strategy... using that sucession law, Cersei would find herself trapped between declaring war on her own daughter or accepting the crowning of Myrcella and losing her power as Queen Regent in KL. Either way, she would have to go against one of her children, and Arianne knew that is one of Cersei's weaknesses (among sociopathy and being paranoid).

Archived