Warcraft movie: There might be spoilers from books and the games.

Jon's Queen Consort

17 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

This looks awesome. Can't wait to see it on the big screen. Probably will do 3D.

But not IMAX? What kind of fan are you?

On 11/5/2016 at 6:06 PM, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Probably will do 3D.

Agree. I think that is one of those movies that will look awesome in 3D.

On 10/5/2016 at 11:10 PM, JCRB's Honeypot said:

For my limited research, it's both.

Fanboys: OASFIOAJDIOAJDIOMOMOMOMOMOMOGOMGOMGOGMOGMOG BEST MOVIE

Fans: WOW

Not-fans: this has potential.

I really hope that this is the case.

On 11/05/2016 at 4:46 PM, Veltigar said:

I really hope this will turn out to be the Edge of Tommorow of this year. Shit promotion, but great film nonetheless.

Fingers crossed. The promotion in the UK has been non-existent. I wonder if they are marketing this solely at the gamers? Seems a bit of a gamble. That or they are cutting their losses on what they know is a stinker. Disney often does that with the films it realises are bad and doesn't bother spending more on selling it.

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

ILM featurette:

I still can't for the sake of me understand why people think this is bad. The Ork CGI is incredible, if you ask me.

The CGI on the orcs looks good. However its the framing of the shots and the digital compositing that is a problem. The story and acting also look awful.

46 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

ILM featurette:

I still can't for the sake of me understand why people think this is bad. The Ork CGI is incredible, if you ask me.

This trailer definitely makes it look better. Some of the environmental CGI doesn't look that great.

On 5/16/2016 at 4:25 PM, Pliskin said:

I can certainly understand why one would criticize CGI or even the framing of some scene from a trailer. But acting and story? From a trailer? Seriously?

I think you can get a good sense of acting and story from a trailer, especially nowadays where they basically tell you everything in 2 mins.

The Warcraft lore the story is based on could really make for a decent to excellent to film. It remains to be seen how they handle it, however. My initial impression of the CGI has improved. It looks better in the second trailer, whereas the first had that irritating plastic feel CGI tends to have.

Edge of Tomorrow (I think) had a lackluster trailer but did really well otherwise, so you never know. Although, I do agree that trailers nowadays show way too much.

Lore-wise, would've rather seen them do WC3 instead of an altered Dark Portal storyline, but if they can pull it off it should be pretty neat.

On 10/05/2016 at 8:10 AM, JCRB's Honeypot said:

For my limited research, it's both.

Fanboys: OASFIOAJDIOAJDIOMOMOMOMOMOMOGOMGOMGOGMOGMOG BEST MOVIE

Fans: WOW

Not-fans: this has potential.

As a not fan I sit squarely in the skeptical camp, which you don't seem to have covered.

11 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

As a not fan I sit squarely in the skeptical camp, which you don't seem to have covered.

nor I will! LLALLALALALALALALALA I CANT  HEAR YOUASDHASDHAO

Seriously, if I find more, I'll post them. So far, the reactions were most likely for the positive side, by people who did watch it.

you see the characters the first time and you think they're silly, then you see them a few more times in ads and they look pretty good now.   By the time this is in theaters it'll be the best thing ever.   It's a steady progression toward the godhead.   I'm not laughing anymore at the graphics.   It just takes an adjustment period until you get over the initial absurdity of "They really made this movie!" and then you're fine with it.   I expect this will be a full series of 5 or so movies and we'll all look forward to them like Potter Jr. or something.   Never played these games either, and I'm ready to be entertained nonetheless.   It seems serious in the way that warriors take their craft seriously, not super-duper-overly-serious---that was just an erroneous first impression.

Well I made a prediction that Angry Birds would get the best rotten tomatoes score for 2016 video game adaptations. But it seems to have fallen into the 40%s now, so I guess there is a chance for Warcraft (and Ass Creed) to do better. Still doubt it will hit a fresh rating, but if it's in the 40%-59% range that will be good enough and should help the movie do well.

12 hours ago, Cz-99 said:

Lore-wise, would've rather seen them do WC3 instead of an altered Dark Portal storyline, but if they can pull it off it should be pretty neat.

They'd need to carve up WC3 into two movies, I reckon. No way could they fit every campaign into two/three hours and not rush it.

But they could probably do it after this one. A Second War movie seems redundant if an Alliance is forming in this one (and the trailers make it seem like it's happening).

35 minutes ago, The Drunkard said:

They'd need to carve up WC3 into two movies, I reckon. No way could they fit every campaign into two/three hours and not rush it.

But they could probably do it after this one. A Second War movie seems redundant if an Alliance is forming in this one (and the trailers make it seem like it's happening).

True that. Maybe we'll get it, or something like it, if the movie does good.

Archived