Warcraft movie: There might be spoilers from books and the games.

Jon's Queen Consort

Saw it last night and I kind of liked it.  It was fun and entertaining.  I thought the CGI was very good as well.  I like Travis Fimmell in the role he has (as well as in Vikings).  The worst part for me was the kings terrible acting, decisions, and dialogue.

I was not expecting it to be a great movie.  It may have actually exceeded my expectations a bit.  Much better than the 2nd and 3rd Hobbit movies IMO.  I did play Warcraft II and III I think, like 15 years ago, but never WoW.  I had forgotten most of the lore.

I don't know if they wanted to save some things for a sequel but it would have been nice to see how Medhiv ended up where he was and maybe an explanation for Garona being a half orc.

When I saw the trailer for this I was thinking in my head "Yes, this is going to be incredible!! Historic even!"

Then at the end I saw it was Warcraft and my expectations and excitement dropped to the basement.

Is Hollywood really this desperate???

The video game to movie thing has to make money ..... I guess?....because they keep doing it.

In the end you are just turning a $100+ product into a $10 product when you make a video game movie.

Unless it's angry birds

10 hours ago, wolverine said:

Saw it last night and I kind of liked it.  It was fun and entertaining.  I thought the CGI was very good as well.  I like Travis Fimmell in the role he has (as well as in Vikings).  The worst part for me was the kings terrible acting, decisions, and dialogue.

I was not expecting it to be a great movie.  It may have actually exceeded my expectations a bit.  Much better than the 2nd and 3rd Hobbit movies IMO.  I did play Warcraft II and III I think, like 15 years ago, but never WoW.  I had forgotten most of the lore.

I don't know if they wanted to save some things for a sequel but it would have been nice to see how Medhiv ended up where he was and maybe an explanation for Garona being a half orc.

When a mummy orc and a daddy human love each other very much...

Or,

When a male/female orc puts a blade to the throat of a female/male human and says "I'm gonna put it in you"/"you're gonna put it in me" the human generally doesn't argue.

I get the feeling option 2 is more likely than option 1. But then again it seems a reasonable proportion of the female audience thinks Durotan is pretty hot stuff. And if rule 34 is true, it means there must be a rule that says if something exists, some people get will horny over it.

I enjoyed it a lot, although I could see a lot of the ragged edges where things could have been better.  On Garona's parentage, I was half wondering if they were implying that Medivh was actually her father? They didn't mention dranei at all, so the only implication in the movie was half human and Medivh 'journeying, looking for belonging' sounded like it could have meant travelling between worlds.  I doubt this is it, but I wouldn't rule it out, and that this travelling is how the fel tainted him (in movieverse).

ETA: NVM the above, having introduced Aegwynn (I was thinking they had meant for that to be a Naaru in Dalaran, I didn't catch the name) I doubt they'll change the route of corruption.

20 hours ago, wolverine said:

Dominic Cooper as tyhe King was so weird!!!! I kept laughing so much at his wig...

2 hours ago, karaddin said:

I enjoyed it a lot, although I could see a lot of the ragged edges where things could have been better.  On Garona's parentage, I was half wondering if they were implying that Medivh was actually her father? They didn't mention dranei at all, so the only implication in the movie was half human and Medivh 'journeying, looking for belonging' sounded like it could have meant travelling between worlds.  I doubt this is it, but I wouldn't rule it out, and that this travelling is how the fel tainted him (in movieverse).

ETA: NVM the above, having introduced Aegwynn (I was thinking they had meant for that to be a Naaru in Dalaran, I didn't catch the name) I doubt they'll change the route of corruption.

Oh I DEFINITELY thought he was her father...in fact I whispered to my sister at one point ''I am your father'' and we both were trying so hard to suppress giggles in the cinema. I actually really liked and enjoted the movie but there were so many unintentional (I think??) moments of like absolute hilarity. The welsh (?!?!?!?! I THINK???) kirin tor bloke that was like ''I DUNNOOOO'' had us in a bloody fit of giggles for ages. 

On 6/30/2016 at 6:54 PM, The Anti-Targ said:

When a mummy orc and a daddy human love each other very much...

Or,

When a male/female orc puts a blade to the throat of a female/male human and says "I'm gonna put it in you"/"you're gonna put it in me" the human generally doesn't argue.

I get the feeling option 2 is more likely than option 1. But then again it seems a reasonable proportion of the female audience thinks Durotan is pretty hot stuff. And if rule 34 is true, it means there must be a rule that says if something exists, some people get will horny over it.

But I thought the orcs came from a different world.  Are there humans there?  Some wizard came through a portal and got it on with an orc?

5 hours ago, wolverine said:

But I thought the orcs came from a different world.  Are there humans there?  Some wizard came through a portal and got it on with an orc?

I thought it was pretty clear that Medivh is her father in the film. He explains that he loved a female Orc during his travels between the worlds. And that that's how the Fel corrupted him.

Archived