Warcraft movie: There might be spoilers from books and the games.

Jon's Queen Consort

12 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Yes, the WC preview was terrible.

My son and his dad were there and they are already hyped. Not as in "OMG WE HAVE TO WATCH!!", but "We're definitely seeing this!".

They better invite me this time.

Actually, it will premiere here for Father's Day so... I won't invite them.

On 19/04/2016 at 4:48 AM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

This could be true, I am afraid that the CGI aren't good enough, but I hope it will not be that bad.

I'm thinking the CGI will be the least bad thing about the movie. On the face of the trailers the move seems like it was made by taking every fantasy movie trope, throwing it into a blender and pouring it into a Warcraft mould. I'm almost certain not to see this movie unless it is surprisingly mediocre according to critics.

On 25/4/2016 at 7:05 PM, The Anti-Targ said:

I'm thinking the CGI will be the least bad thing about the movie. On the face of the trailers the move seems like it was made by taking every fantasy movie trope, throwing it into a blender and pouring it into a Warcraft mould. I'm almost certain not to see this movie unless it is surprisingly mediocre according to critics.

Fitting, since WoW is a collection of every single fantasy trope that can exist.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda relevant, talking with a friend and he was all "I'm praying PRAYING this movie is good and does well". He wants Arthas being adapted on screen. So do I.

On 27/4/2016 at 5:26 PM, Jasta11 said:

Fitting, since WoW is a collection of every single fantasy trope that can exist.

I agree. If something must be like a salad made of every fantasy trope that exists, that's Warcraft. I'm actually expecting some critics saying "they are abusing fantasy elements!" to punch them on the face. ON THE FACE.

23 hours ago, JCRB's Honeypot said:

Kinda relevant, talking with a friend and he was all "I'm praying PRAYING this movie is good and does well". He wants Arthas being adapted on screen. So do I.

I agree. If something must be like a salad made of every fantasy trope that exists, that's Warcraft. I'm actually expecting some critics saying "they are abusing fantasy elements!" to punch them on the face. ON THE FACE.

I'm fairly indifferent to the Dark Portal storyline, but the Frozen Throne would definitely pique my interest.

I think today is the premiere for press and few guests. I've seen a few people on twitter saying so. I hope they bring good news, but so far, people seem very much excited about it. (It starts in like 10 minutes)

(btw, I'm having the movie premiered here in Peru June 30... :( )

13 hours ago, JCRB's Honeypot said:

The first reviews say the movie is awesome.

Yay!

Reviews or fanboy reactions? Because there is a huge difference :P 

24 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Agreed.  Lets see how the tomatometer runs next week.  That trailer was really, really, really bad.

they seem like special screening reactions to which people are often more positive because they have been screened or feel gratious for the free ticket.

I agree that the trailer's have been terrible. I've got no sense for the film other than it reminds me of those terrible dungeons and dragons films. Still, Duncan Jones has a good track record so far - that's the only thing got me holding out some hope.

23 minutes ago, red snow said:

they seem like special screening reactions to which people are often more positive because they have been screened or feel gratious for the free ticket.

I agree that the trailer's have been terrible. I've got no sense for the film other than it reminds me of those terrible dungeons and dragons films. Still, Duncan Jones has a good track record so far - that's the only thing got me holding out some hope.

Its funny how close it appears to the Dungeon and Dragon movies, really reminds me of them. Although it shouldn't because those were an abomination and didn't take the subject matter seriously at all. Unlike this movie which I think looks like its taking it all far too seriously

This should be a movie tailor made for me. But yeah, trailers have been so underwhelming I don't see myself seeing this unless you all bite the bullet for me and report an amazing movie has been released.

Which is sad, because I want to see Fimmel succeed.

Even my boys (8 and 10) who saw the trailer last weekend before Civil War commented how bad it looked. (And fantasy movies are still new and fresh for them) 

3 hours ago, red snow said:

I really hope this will turn out to be the Edge of Tommorow of this year. Shit promotion, but great film nonetheless.

39 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

This looks awesome. Can't wait to see it on the big screen. Probably will do 3D.

Don't you ever change man! :D 

Archived