Jackson, not Hamilton to be replaced on US Currency

Ser Scot A Ellison

46 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

No, I mean abolish the bill and replace it with a $1 coin.

Coins are heavy though.  And I'm not certain that the stripped industry will be down with all coins for the $1.00...

34 minutes ago, Commodore said:

this administration is hypersensitive to elite sensibilities

a hit broadway show changed their mind

awesome that they are replacing Jackson with a Republican gun nut

?????

The American Genocide Jackson (who swept a continent for an ethnic minority, transported them across said continent to be forcibly Concentrated into Camps known as 'reservations') is being removed from the $20 bill!

American's daily celebration and pride in their crimes of genocide is finally scheduled to end!

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-harriet-tubman-20-bill-20160420-story.html

Harriet Tubman will officially grace the new $20 bill

56 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

No, I mean abolish the bill and replace it with a $1 coin.

That's been tried; it hasn't been popular. So much so that no new $1 coins have been put into circulation since 2012, although the Mint still produces a few each year that go into storage.

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Fez,

They've never eliminated the dollar bill while offering the dollar coin.

I know that. But my point was that the dollar coin was so unpopular when it was available that the Mint would never actually try forcing it on people.

1 hour ago, Fez said:

I know that. But my point was that the dollar coin was so unpopular when it was available that the Mint would never actually try forcing it on people.

I thought they stopped minting the dollar coin not because it was unpopular but because the NPR program "Planet Money" exposed a massive seignourage loophole in the dollar coin return program that allowed the unscrupulous to make a tidy profit. Congress responded to the podcast/broadcast by simply axing the dollar coin minting altogether, as it was more expedient than waiting for Treasury to make a rule change fix in the usual 19000000 year timeline of public comment rule change regulation process.

Good call on Tubman, and she's a fantastic choice IMO to replace Jackson.  One tough woman, her story and history pretty much should end the debate about American women being allowed into combat slots in the military.  Of all the Republican-Abolitionists I've read about, she has impressed me the most.

Here in Canada we have a pretty tough female on our 20$ bill already.  We phases out the penny as well.

Archived