Jackson, not Hamilton to be replaced on US Currency

Ser Scot A Ellison

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You guys are really selling the Sacagawea coins short. They make amazing gifts for kids. Ask yourself,"Would 10 year old you rather get a twenty dollar bill or twenty golden coins?" 

Actually coins are perfect for giving wedding gifts to siblings...

3 hours ago, Astromech said:

If removing Hamilton from the $10 bill was already in discussion, why not at least change the 10 and add Aaron Burr to it? Could also be a subliminal anti-gun or anti-dueling message?

Dollar coins are great as collector pieces or commemorative coins for numismatists, terrible as regular currency. They are fantastic for the velocity of money. I would look for anything to purchase just to get rid of those damn coins.

fuck me, but they should just put pictures of guns on the currency, or at least on the two dollar bill/coin.

1 minute ago, sologdin said:

fuck me, but they should just put pictures of guns on the currency, or at least on the two dollar bill/coin.

i suggest varying combinations of guns, prisons, bibles and Big Macs to make differing comments which are all open to alternate interpretation. 

12 hours ago, James Arryn said:

i suggest varying combinations of guns, prisons, bibles and Big Macs to make differing comments which are all open to alternate interpretation. 

Tubman was a gun loving Republican Jesus freak, so it works

our side was able to sneak her on the $20 because the left can't see past race/gender

1 minute ago, Commodore said:

our side was able to sneak her on the $20 because the left can't see past race/gender

And it never occurred to you that, at the time, the Left were Republicans?

(Case in point - Lincoln's biographer was asked which party Lincoln would belong to if he were alive today. The biographer said he'd be a Democrat).

Also, are we really making who goes onto the currency into a political battle? Having Tubman on the $20 is not going to secretly advance a conservative agenda, its just a way to celebrate who she was. Just like renaming DCA to Ronald Reagan National Airport didn't end up turning northern Virginia Republican.

4 hours ago, Commodore said:

'Your side' would be screaming All Lives Matter! at her and accusing her of inciting violence on Fox News if she were alive today.

2 hours ago, Weeping Sore said:

So do you think we'll be able to buy a new release hardback of A Dream of Spring with a couple of Tubmans?

Nah, the $20 will be changed again before A Dream of Spring is ever released. Maybe even before Winds of Winter.

3 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Nah, the $20 will be changed again before A Dream of Spring is ever released. Maybe even before Winds of Winter.

it's possible the face that will be on the $20 at that point  has not even been born yet.

On 4/22/2016 at 8:57 AM, Commodore said:

I don't understand, is she going to ride an elephant while holding a gun in one hand and a Bible in the other on the $20 bill?

I wager almost everyone who handles that bill will see a black woman rather than any of the other stuff, so in terms of symbolism it will signify race and gender more than any other message conservatives may want to get out there.

48 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I don't understand, is she going to ride an elephant while holding a gun in one hand and a Bible in the other on the $20 bill?

I wager almost everyone who handles that bill will see a black woman rather than any of the other stuff, so in terms of symbolism it will signify race and gender more than any other message conservatives may want to get out there.

I very much doubt that anyone really ever looks at the face on their money at all, actually.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived