Football: Hotspur's Fox Hunt

Zoë Sumra

I blame Arsenal's inability to score on the fact that I brought Sanchez to my fantasy team and even handed him the captaincy for this gameweek.

You poor souls never stood a chance against such a jinx... :lol: 

Arsenal's inconsistency is just ridiculous considering the talent at our disposal and the fact that most of the team have actually been together and fairly settled. Even the relative newcomers (Elneny, Iwobi) have been brilliant and others like Welbeck integrated pretty well. There really is no excuse for inconsistency when you have such a talented squad that has been together.

The more I think about it, it's the lack of a clinical striker that has really hurt us. We are consistent in creating chances - I can't remember a game this season where we didn't have some opportunities to score - it's just that we can't convert them. I reckon with one world-class striker we would have been in a position to win the league this year.

People will talk about the mental fragility and the defence conceding soft goals and giving away leads, which is also true, but that doesn't have nearly as much an effect when you're confident in your ability to score another one afterwards. Plus, the defence overall has actually been quite good, and has only stood out as poor because of a few key games.

5 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Also, you forgot Iwobi in your forwards count. He's looked good. I mean, he's no Marcus Rashford... but he's good.

Iwobi has been great, but he's generally not considered a goal scorer. He is more of a creator. He's fluffed some good opportunities in front of the goal the last two games.

Okay.

It goes against just about everything I believe in to laud Tony Pulis...

But I am impressed with the spirit and work rate that West Brom showed here. They've got nothing to play for, away at Tottenham, but they don't give up, even after falling behind. Well done.

Also, as long as Martinez remain, Leicester are champions.

6 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Swansea, Stoke and a few others could learn something from WBA's attitude tonight.  Will Alli get suspended for that?

Hard to see him not getting anything, when Vardy got his extra game. 

That should be that. Credit to WBA for not sleepwalking through the game and taking the fight to Spurs in the 2nd half. I expect Leicester to be confirmed champions with two games to spare. I have a hard time seeing us breaking down that Leicester defence so I think that they will get at least a point. Even if they don't, I can't see Spurs beating Chelsea. Spurs have a horrendous record at Stamford Bridge and Chelsea ought to be quite motivated to sink the final nail in Spurs' title hopes.

Archived