Football: Hotspur's Fox Hunt

Zoë Sumra

22 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Well.. we won a meaningless game after having thrown away our "defining week".

Means everything okay, right?

For the old gods and the new, I hope for the same for Everton in the Stadium of Plight on May 11.

Dmn you Arsenal, can't you even beat Norwich at home? Do you want to play the UCL playoff so much?

EDIT: Never mind, goal by Welbeck, who entered for Giroud!

29 minutes ago, Fat Pink Master said:

For the old gods and the new, I hope for the same for Everton in the Stadium of Plight on May 11.

I really, really, really wouldn't count on us doing you any favors. Sunderland, after all, do have something to play for.

7 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

It looks like the game between Utd and West Ham will be for 5th place.  Most of the teams are sleep-walking now.  

United aren't out of the top 4 race yet. Arsenal and City still have each other to play, and Arsenal are, well, Arsenal. If we lose to Liecester it probably is over though.

Incidentally, that game could well decide both the title and the top four. Really looking forward to it.

10 hours ago, Nasrudin's True Love said:

Have I ever mentioned that I love Mark Noble?

#nobleforengland

I hope Southampton can get something from the Man City game.

Getting third rather than fourth is really important.

Apart from having to play an extra qualifying round which messes up the preseason, I have a sneaking suspicion (don't really know how it works) that if Liverpool win the Europa League, the fourth spot disappears? I'm guessing if Man City won the CL and beat us to third, the fourth qualifying spot would still exist, so that's not as much of a worry, but I do wonder about a Liverpool victory (unlikely as it may seem).

41 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

#nobleforengland

Hodgeson has dug his heels in, though.  It won't happen.  He's already compared Noble to Grant Holt, ffs .  No offense intended to Holt, but...ouch.  As if this is the first good season Mark Noble's played!

40 minutes ago, Nasrudin's True Love said:

Hodgeson has dug his heels in, though.  It won't happen.  He's already compared Noble to Grant Holt, ffs .  No offense intended to Holt, but...ouch.  As if this is the first good season Mark Noble's played!

Haha of course it's never going to happen. "Noble for England" has been chanted at Upton Park for the better part of a decade, its mostly chanted ironically now.

2 hours ago, Jeor said:

I'm guessing if Man City won the CL and beat us to third, the fourth qualifying spot would still exist, so that's not as much of a worry, but I do wonder about a Liverpool victory (unlikely as it may seem).

Unless I'm mistaken, fourht qualigying spot would disappear only if both Liverpool and Man City won Europa League and Champions League, respectively, AND Man City failed to reach top three. If English teams won both European trophies and Man City got into third, then fourth team in the League would get the CL spot.

7 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Skrtel and Lovren are a horrible pairing.

They are. Probably (partly) because Skrtel is playing on the right, where Lovren generally plays (and is used to).

But the real culprit for me was Chirivella, was woeful all game. Stewart wasn't all that much better.

Skrtel is past it. Don't think he should play another game for Liverpool. Arguably worst team showing under Klopp, just awful. Ibe, Stewart, and Smith were all fucking terrible. Ojo wasn't particularly good but of all the kids that played today he shows the most promise.

Not sure why Sturridge played the full 90, really hope Klopp starts him on Thursday. 

Cmon Leicester. 

Disappointing from Liverpool but honestly I wouldn't be all that surprised if they sleepwalk through the rest of their league games. Securing european football through league position is a long shot. All their effort should be concentrated on the EL.

2 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Skrtel is past it. Don't think he should play another game for Liverpool.

That's a bit harsh. It's easy to forget how good he was earlier in the season, before his injury and when Lovren and Sakho were being dreadful. He just needs time to get into his stride and develop partnership with Lovren.

Archived