Football: Hotspur's Fox Hunt

Zoë Sumra

ayoze Perez is being connected to a summer move from tyneside to Barcelona.  

I can't say I am shocked.  his style of play suits that team.  certainly he won't get many games behind the current trio of strikers,  but it would still be a great move. 

6 hours ago, MercifulChief said:

ayoze Perez is being connected to a summer move from tyneside to Barcelona.  

I can't say I am shocked.  his style of play suits that team.  certainly he won't get many games behind the current trio of strikers,  but it would still be a great move. 

As a fan of both teams, I want to like the idea, but  just don't see it. If Luis Enrique wanted to push the MSN guys for their automatic starter status with the likes of Ayoze, they (and their agents) will only go lulz.

8 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

I don't mind the bus parking, it's all the underhand tactics and plain old cheating that makes me dislike them. Simeone is a massive cunt.

Indeed. PSV could and should have eliminated them by parking the bus, but playing way cleaner than they do.

The most boring Final ever awaits us, you just see. The one 2 years ago and the Milan - Juventus from 2003 will seem fun in comparison.

Well that was a frantic first half.

Liverpool are largely on top but they haven't really created a clear cut opportunity since Lallana scuffed his shot just after the goal. Villareal look pretty solid and I can't see Liverpool not letting them break on them for the whole 90 minutes.

8 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I was a bit worried about Can with him being thrown straight back in but he was immense, as were so many others.

Moreno is still dodgy as fuck though. I think in the summer we need to focus on sorting a keeper and a left back. Though we'll have Joe Gomez back soon, and he looked really good.

And a striker, please. For when Sturridge inevitably gets hurt.

I got back from Anfield just a little while ago.  Taxis were scarce for quite a while.  What an amazing night.  My colleague sang none of the songs, so I had to really bellow to compensate.  My voice is shredded.

The posts here sound nervous during the game but I felt really confident throughout despite being apprehensive beforehand.  Our attitude from the very start just looked nailed on to win, and we were so much improved with Can back.  Once we had the early goal it was clear we would stuff them.  I think we learned a lot more than them from the first leg.  Suarez and Bakambu were well contained throughout.

Anfield was so loud that it was hard to watch the game like on TV -- there was always another chant or song and we all wanted to keep the energy high. 

Anyway, great performance by the redmen, who returned to form.  I've been very lucky with the few games I've been able to attend.  Almost everyone rated 8/10 or better, although Sturridge's lack of effort puts him deservedly behind Origi. 

Now I just need to eat and do some work before I can sleep. 

7 hours ago, MisterOJ said:

They're fine as third options, but I'd rather have someone more proven when Sturridge breaks down.

Maybe someone like, I don't know, Benteke?

Honestly, with Sturridge, Benteke, Origi and Ings (maybe not in that particular order), and with offensive qualities of Coutinho and Firmino, I think Liverpool is rather well off on the striker position.

On the other hand, defense desperately needs an upgrade, including the keeper.

Archived