Football: Hotspur's Fox Hunt

Zoë Sumra

54 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Strange feeling today. I always want a win, but today I feel like I wouldn't be disappointed by a loss. 

Same here - I always want a win and I wouldn't be disappointed at all if your guys lost :P

I keep hoping Spurs will be able to overtake Leicester as their string of excellent performances continues.

Unfortunately it is probably too much to ask for at this point. But they'd be worthy champions.

Leicester may drop some more points in the next few games but it requires Spurs to win everything and they also have a fairly tough schedule ahead. Hopefully Swansea can surprise Leicester this weekend.

51 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

I keep hoping Spurs will be able to overtake Leicester as their string of excellent performances continues.

Unfortunately it is probably too much to ask for at this point. But they'd be worthy champions.

Leicester may drop some more points in the next few games but it requires Spurs to win everything and they also have a fairly tough schedule ahead. Hopefully Swansea can surprise Leicester this weekend.

I think Leicester are really going to struggle with Vardy out, especially if its 2 games. Their backup of Ulloa is nowhere near good enough, and its the threat of Vardy's pace thats really been key to their success. I worry for them. Its right now when it could all fall apart. 

And Spurs are looking incredibly strong, they blew Stoke away

2 hours ago, Rorshach said:

Strange feeling today. I always want a win, but today I feel like I wouldn't be disappointed by a loss. 

Is this because losses in your next two games would surely be the end of Martinez?

I would very much like Everton to win today, as my Hammers could still very easily turn what was recently a Champions League spot season into a mid table finish. 

Vardy's dive and swear could be like Gerrard's slip.  It makes it interesting.  But Swansea have been sleep-walking lately.

TICKETS!!  LFC just sold us a hospitality package for 4 people at 170GBP each.  That covers a dinner & drinks at a hotel, transportation between hotel and stadium, and match tickets.  That's the same price I was facing for an unreliable website tout.  It'll be myself, my brother & dad and a US colleague who has no conception of the experience ahead of him.  If my dad can't make it then I'm sure my brother can find a friend to jump on this. 

Now I'm extra nervous for the first leg away.  We need to be in with a shot for the return game. 

I don't think Leicester will necessarily struggle without Vardy. His absence defintely leaves a hole but Leicester's rock solid defense should see them through. At most it is only going to be a two match suspension and neither Swansea nor United have set the world alight when it comes to attacking play. I think Leicester are more than capable of grinding out a win by the odd goal in at least one of those games. Spurs would be worthy champions if they can pull it off but I think that they have taken a bit too long to find those extra gears.

18 minutes ago, Nasrudin's True Love said:

Is this because losses in your next two games would surely be the end of Martinez?

It is. At least, I hope to God it is. If he's not gone by summer, I'll spend my holiday depressed.

Maybe Leicester could try Demarai Gray up front. It would be a risk as he is more of a winger and has barely played since joining, but he would be a much closer replacement to Vardy than Ulloa. I doubt Ranieri would try it in the Swansea match, but if things did not work there it may be worth a shot. They could do with Kramaric back, now he has found some form out on loan.

As the game got on a bit, and intensity levels dropped, you can see how utterly dogshit our defending is. Good news (I pray) is that no-one can watch this and not see how clueless Martinez in when it comes to organizing defences. This is his third year with our current players (Funes Mori aside), and they look .... godawful. 

Martinez out - now. Preferably during half time.

Fantastic strike from Darmian. We have played some good football tonight but as has been the case all season there is a lack of support when we attack. Far too often a cross comes in and there is only one player in the box and our midfielders rarely look to make late runs into the box. Anyway, glad we got the second goal.

3 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I'm watching the United game obviously but apparently Funes Mori was beating his chest and pointing to the badge as he went off. What a dickhead. 

He could certainly have done better. He could hardly do worse.

Then again, that goes for the team as a whole.

In a game where we've been dogsh*te, Bryan Oviedo somehow manages to stand out as the worst performer of the night. 

I'm not sure Funes Mori, with his awful tackle and antics, was worse. Way to go, Bryan!

Archived