X-Men Apocalypse: continued

Maltaran

8 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I can already tell she's going to be a Mary Sue with awesome healing powers, claws and the world handed to her on a plate. That's the natural evolution of making similar conclusions based on a 2 minute trailer, right?

10 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

If Wolverine gets 15 movies,  'Lypse should rate at least 2.    Come on cliffhanger ending!

Never going to happen. At best they'll lock him away not kill him. Besides Apocalypse should really set up Sinister to have his own film.

Yeah I was thinking it would have to be Sinister for the next film because there's no real remaining villain that comes close to Apocalypse.  What other villains are left? The underground mutants (I forget their exact name)? They're not quite up to par as Apocalypse or Sinister. I suppose they could go full evil Magneto again but we've been getting that in almost every movie. I feel like they'd need to reboot after..

I do agree that Apocalypse should have been in 2 movies. Have high doubts about his entrance and menace in a single movie that would be deserving of his character. 

I was thinking Mr. Sinister would be a shoe-in for Gambit, but that seems to be out last I heard.  He'd be perfect for Deadpool / Cable too.  Don't know which direction they can go with next X-men. A proper Phoenix saga.  I guess since it's a new timeline they can bring back Juggernaut or Sabretooth, but either alone is not enough.  I'd like to see them incorporate Genosha.

59 minutes ago, Igziabeher said:

I was thinking Mr. Sinister would be a shoe-in for Gambit, but that seems to be out last I heard.  He'd be perfect for Deadpool / Cable too.  Don't know which direction they can go with next X-men. A proper Phoenix saga.  I guess since it's a new timeline they can bring back Juggernaut or Sabretooth, but either alone is not enough.  I'd like to see them incorporate Genosha.

Outside of Cable (which I imagine we'll  get with Deadpool 2 assuming no issues licenses) they've tried it all already. Sabretooth belongs in a Wolverine movie.. he's  not an X-Men foe in my mind. You need real Sentinels for Genosha island in my mind and they killed that opportunity. Juggernaut and Phoenix is just too soon and uninspriring for my taste. I can't imagine spending time or money on them (even if teenagers everywhere do). 

7 hours ago, WarGalley said:

What other villains are left? The underground mutants (I forget their exact name)? They're not quite up to par as Apocalypse or Sinister.

Morlocks, they're not really evil. They have two real storylines wrapped up in them, Storm fighting Callisto for leadership, and Sinister having them all massacred by a team put together and led into the tunnels by Gambit. So it would seem  a shame not to have Gambit and Sinister involved in their appearances.

8 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Morlocks, they're not really evil. They have two real storylines wrapped up in them, Storm fighting Callisto for leadership, and Sinister having them all massacred by a team put together and led into the tunnels by Gambit. So it would seem  a shame not to have Gambit and Sinister involved in their appearances.

The Gambit thing was a huge (and IMO unnecessary) retcon, though. The original story as published didn't feature him, which would argue that an adaptation doesn't need to.

3 hours ago, mormont said:

The Gambit thing was a huge (and IMO unnecessary) retcon, though. The original story as published didn't feature him, which would argue that an adaptation doesn't need to.

It's part of the accepted Gambit origin now though. Obviously the movies should feel free to do their own thing, and they will either way. I'm just quite keen to see Gambit in the universe.

Archived