X-Men Apocalypse: continued

Maltaran

3 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Don't cross the streams!!! But Wolverine road trippin' with Johnny Storm or Thing instead of Hawkeye could've been cool. 

I'm with the poster who said they'd need a link to confirm the theory Marvel won't let them. All i can remember is that Fox and Kinberg were all over the idea of crossing the two franchises over. This is the closest I've seen to them not being able to do it and given the FF was about a group of people who can cross interdimensional space it doesn't seem like much of a barrier - and a pretty sensible form of insulation from one of the films turning out to be shit.

If Fox was seriously considering to sell the FF back to Marvel then the last thing they'd want to do is a crossver with a franchise (X-men) they are clinging to. That's still a far cry from Marvel having to give them permission for franchises they don't own to cross over.

Like I said, I'd reconsider the idea if I could find a link backing it up but some simple google-fu just turns up stories to the contrary.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wrap revealing some alleged Logan details, from an 'insider.' It's not exactly the best written article. Spoilers obviously if true:

Spoiler

“Logan” takes place in the year 2024. The film is dark. Darker than any other other “Wolverine” or “X-Men” movie.

Old Man Logan is in full effect. Logan looks bad, and drinks a lot. For work, he drives a 2024 Chrysler 300 limo that looks modified in the front to look more futuristic. He’s sick, his powers are fading, and he heals much more slowly — and sometimes not at all.

Those are some of the details TheWrap can exclusively share for “Logan,” the third Wolverine film and the last for star Hugh Jackman. On Wednesday, he and director James Mangold finally revealed the title for the film, and a poster that show’s Logan’s clawed hand held by the small hand of a child.

Mangold also tweeted out the second page of the script, which says that Logan is “older” and that “it’s clear his abilities aren’t what they once were.”

We learned further details about the from an insider who said that the girl in the poster is a young mutant. In 2024, mutant births are severely in decline, and people aren’t sure why. We find out about a government-type operation called “Transigen” that is turning mutant children into killing machines. Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three.

There’s more. Professor X (Patrick Stewart) is old and not well. His powers are unstable and at times he doesn’t even remember Logan. Stephen Merchant plays the Albino mutant Caliban, who helps Logan take care of Professor X.

Jackman first played Logan in 2000’s “X-Men” and reprised the role in the standalone films  “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” and “The Wolverine.”

“Logan” will be released on March 3rd, 2017.

http://www.thewrap.com/logan-wolverine-3-plot-details-revealed-exclusive/

It seems old age and ill-health will be a theme. 2024 isn't that far flung so if Logan is old all of a sudden it'd have to be a consequence of his healing factor failing. But 8 years isn't enough for it to even have the same setting as "old man logan" with children of characters playing parts and everyone seeming to be white-haired old.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

It seems old age and ill-health will be a theme. 2024 isn't that far flung so if Logan is old all of a sudden it'd have to be a consequence of his healing factor failing. But 8 years isn't enough for it to even have the same setting as "old man logan" with children of characters playing parts and everyone seeming to be white-haired old.

Spoiler

It was never going to be that much like OML. But that is quite a jump for Xavier, and Logan's healing factor failing is probably wrapped up with whatever is stopping mutant births and inhibiting Charles' powers. Logan getting all grey and grizzled doesn't seem too far fetched given how hard his style of living and fighting is.

Archived