X-Men Apocalypse: continued

Maltaran

19 minutes ago, RumHam said:

There was something about the ethics of moving a consciousness to the brain dead guy, yeah. I'd say that's a bit of setup, but not an explanation. My memory of that movie is hazy as well, but I don't recall any indication that the man was his brother. Let alone his identical twin who was also paralyzed for some reason. I'm ok with movies requiring viewers to work out a few answers on their own, but only if the answers aren't incredibly stupid and contrived.

In the post credits teaser, she walks into the room and you see the lower body of the guy laying there in the bed and then she looks up surprised and you hear Stewart say "Hello Moira."

ETA:  Okay, it wasn't exactly as I remember it... You actually see the entire body.

17 minutes ago, Rhom said:

In the post credits teaser, she walks into the room and you see the lower body of the guy laying there in the bed and then she looks up surprised and you hear Stewart say "Hello Moira."

ETA:  Okay, it wasn't exactly as I remember it... You actually see the entire body.

Right, now I do remember that. (and Moria has aged remarkably well) But that's not Stewart in the bed, is it? I'm fairly sure all this stuff about him having a twin brother is a fan explanation and never indicated in the movies. 

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

Right, now I do remember that. (and Moria has aged remarkably well) But that's not Stewart in the bed, is it? I'm fairly sure all this stuff about him having a twin brother is a fan explanation and never indicated in the movies. 

:dunno: 

They are movies about people who have genetic mutations that let them fly and walk through walls.  I'd say having a twin is a fairly mild explanation for things that happen.

For that matter, why can't the new body walk?

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

:dunno: 

They are movies about people who have genetic mutations that let them fly and walk through walls.  I'd say having a twin is a fairly mild explanation for things that happen.

Right, but it wasn't given as an explanation. Unless I'm wrong nowhere is it suggested that this guy is his twin. I'm not saying I wouldn't accept the twin explanation, I'm just annoyed they never bothered to give any explanation. If they showed a scene of either Xavier visiting his comatose brother in any of the movies then it'd at least make some degree of sense. 

Or they could have done a quick scene where it's revealed that Xavier's new body doesn't actually look like him, and it's a psychic projection or whatever. 

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

For that matter, why can't the new body walk?

Yeah I brought that up in my earlier post. 

I chalk up the return of dead Charles to the same kind of "don't ask/don't tell" kind of writing that allows Kitty to suddenly have "time phasing" powers... Fox has never had the proper respect for the source comics...

My question is... why is Wolverine's claw a big deal in the new trailer? ... was there ever a question that he'd be in the movie?

2 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

My question is... why is [snip] a big deal in the new trailer? ... was there ever a question that he'd be in the movie?

My question is... why are you talking openly about something everyone else took great pains to spoiler tag? (At least I assume that's what they're talking about. I don't know for sure, because I didn't open them - not wanting to be ... ya know... spoiled)

53 minutes ago, AndrewJ said:

My question is... why are you talking openly about something everyone else took great pains to spoiler tag? (At least I assume that's what they're talking about. I don't know for sure, because I didn't open them - not wanting to be ... ya know... spoiled)

because it's in the trailer... it doesn't warrant a spoiler tag

7 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Yeah I don't get the spoiler tagging of that detail, even for people who haven't watched the trailer. Question is: If an X-men movie doesn't have Wolverine in it, did it really exist?

Ah well. I prefer to remain unspoiled, but don't get too bothered by such things. I didn't really have much of an opinion one way or the other as to whether he'd be in the movie or not - there certainly had been no mention of it. It would have been nice to be "surprised" by it in the movie. Now it won't be. Oh well.

Sure - it was always possible. But not certain (to me, at any rate).

I figured he'd probably pop up in a cameo at least like First Class. I didn't think he'd actually get to any action scenes until the trailer. I figured if he was going to have more than a cameo they'd have mentioned him before and fit him into the first trailer. He's supposed to be the most popular character. I suppose it'll be sorta similar to Quicksilver in the last movie, where he has his once set piece and then leaves before the final showdown. 

On 27/04/2016 at 4:19 AM, Martini Sigil said:

On this forum I always err on the side of caution when it comes to spoilers. I  don't mind it being openly discussed. I just think it's a shame studios spill the beans on what could be nice easter eggs to get bums on seats. The same is true with Suicide Squad and BvS.

15 hours ago, red snow said:

On this forum I always err on the side of caution when it comes to spoilers. I  don't mind it being openly discussed. I just think it's a shame studios spill the beans on what could be nice easter eggs to get bums on seats. The same is true with Suicide Squad and BvS.

I have no problem with erring on the side of caution, but I still fail to see how this was a spoiler... there was 3 pages of thread dedicated to Psylockes boob window.... was that a spoiler?... what about the fact that people were talking about Psylocke being in the movie at all?... and how is that different than me mentioning that wolverine was also in the trailer?...

I dunno.... maybe I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I have no problem with erring on the side of caution, but I still fail to see how this was a spoiler... there was 3 pages of thread dedicated to Psylockes boob window.... was that a spoiler?... what about the fact that people were talking about Psylocke being in the movie at all?... and how is that different than me mentioning that wolverine was also in the trailer?...

I dunno.... maybe I'm wrong.

Psylocke has been heavily promoted throughout the film's development. If people are that spoiler sensitive they shouldn't be reading forums/watching TV/or opening their eyes during a commute because she'll be on a poster. We still haven't seen Wolverine in any promotional work so I suspect his role was meant to be a fun surprise (like in First Class). Compare it to Days of Future Past where he was heavily promoted as part of the film throughout. Gambit or Deadpool could be in the film for all we know and hopefully, if they are, there won't be anymore trailers highlighting this - especially when their trailer footage equates to their actual screentime. Given Deadpool's current popularity I'm assuming he isn't in it or they'd be telling us - unless they are filming the footage. I'm secretly hoping Reynolds will do a little commentary piece on Apocalypse as a fun promo like.

There are a lot of film trailers that actively give away plot details as well and there are many people who avoid trailers for that reason.

I personally don't mind being spoiled because I always cave and watch the trailers and tend to agree with the sentiment of it's in the trailer, it's fair game. But there are other parts of the forum eg GOT and Star wars (probably Walking Dead too) where trailers are considered spoilers. I guess the lack of worry here means X-men isn't as popular or attracts less pedantic fans :)

Deadpool can't be in it without them doing time shenanigans and not explaining them (which would just be odd.) Deadpool is roughly in the present day, Apocalypse is in the 80's. If they had introduced Cable and time travel first, I wouldn't count it out, but they haven't.
 Besides what's he going to do really against the Horsemen? For that matter what is Wolverine going to do?

On trailer spoilers it can be very odd. Some films can make an extremely good trailer and not spoil the movie, whilst others can't seem to help themselves and it seriously doesn't seem to make for a better trailer.

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

Deadpool can't be in it without them doing time shenanigans and not explaining them (which would just be odd.) Deadpool is roughly in the present day, Apocalypse is in the 80's. If they had introduced Cable and time travel first, I wouldn't count it out, but they haven't.
 Besides what's he going to do really against the Horsemen? For that matter what is Wolverine going to do?

On trailer spoilers it can be very odd. Some films can make an extremely good trailer and not spoil the movie, whilst others can't seem to help themselves and it seriously doesn't seem to make for a better trailer.

With Deadpool, all bets are off  but it would indeed be a hard pill to swallow. Then again Deadpool could turn up and simply tell the audience "it'll make sense in my sequel". Probably better they stick with a fun "review" segment outside the film - maybe a Blu-ray extra?

The worst trailers are usually for comedies where they seem unable to resist putting all their punchlines into 2 minutes.

Archived