NFL 2016: Is there a draft in here or is it just me?

Maithanet

Yet another blockbuster trade, Eagles acquire the #2 pick from the Browns.

Eagles get:  #2 pick, 2017 4th rounder

Browns get picks #8, #77, #100, plus 2017 1st round pick, 2018 2nd round pick.

As a Redskins fan, I am pretty happy with this trade.  All this just to get whichever quarterback the Rams don't want?  Good luck Eagles, you are going to need it. 

Mortgage your short term future to reach for a questionable QB prospect? I think both the Eagles and the Rams will regret these trades in 5 years.

And think of all those poor additional souls who will now have to play in Cleveland. 

Can't wait to see how bad the Browns fuck those picks up. I see DePodesta and the Indians Browns taking Rick Vaughn, Jake Taylor, Willie Mays-Hayes, and Roger Dorn. Solidify up the middle and the hot corner with value...

3 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

So what do y'all think the chances are that the Chargers take Tunsil vs Ramsey if there's not another trade for 3?

I'm actually hoping that the Titans trade back up with the Chargers and take Tunsil #3.  Obviously the market will be a lot slimmer for the #3 pick with no more quarterbacks available, so something like the #15 pick plus the two second rounders the Titans got from the Rams might do it.  That would be pretty awesome, the Titans get the player they wanted #1 overall, plus two extra 3rd rounders and the Rams 2017 first pick. 

Another mind-bogglingly stupid trade. I cannot believe how much these teams are giving up for a chance at drafting one of the top 2 QBs in a decidedly mediocre QB draft. So the Eagles get a developmental prospect this year, jettison the remainder of this year's draft AND give up what's sure to be another high first rounder next year. Preposterous.

20 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

So what do y'all think the chances are that the Chargers take Tunsil vs Ramsey if there's not another trade for 3?

At first I thought sure they'd take Tunsil, but the more I read about their situation the less sure I am of that. Both are positions of need but apparently a good deal of their horrible OL play last year was attributable to injuries. So the perception may be that if they can get healthy the OL will at least be better, whereas there's no helping the secondary with the players currently on the roster. 

A trade is possible but I'd be surprised if the Chargers go for it. They need difference makers on that team and either Tunsil or Ramsey would fit the bill, depending on which side they determine needs more help.

Really, really hoping the Eagles trade Sam Bradford to the Broncos, a trade that would make a lot of sense for both parties. The Eagles at this point are better off starting Chase Daniel at QB, and the Broncos need a QB.  Bradford is on a super team friendly deal, and the Broncos can get rid of him after a year if they need to.

5 minutes ago, sperry said:

Really, really hoping the Eagles trade Sam Bradford to the Broncos, a trade that would make a lot of sense for both parties. The Eagles at this point are better off starting Chase Daniel at QB, and the Broncos need a QB.  Bradford is on a super team friendly deal, and the Broncos can get rid of him after a year if they need to.

Bradford's Salary Cap hit is $12.5 million.  I'm not sure the Broncos have that kind of room, and if they do, why not just get Fitzpatrick, who is just as good and less injury prone? 

10 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Bradford's Salary Cap hit is $12.5 million.  I'm not sure the Broncos have that kind of room, and if they do, why not just get Fitzpatrick, who is just as good and less injury prone? 

Because Fitzpatrick is going to want a longer term deal.  Bradford is locked in on a deal that you can cut him after one season with very little penalty.

1 hour ago, JonSnow4President said:

As a Cowboys fan, I love this.  That much more likely Ramsey falls to us and it weakens the Eagles for the next few years.  Great day.

I personally think that Dallas is going to screw up and take Ramsey with #4. He was thrown at 66 times last year, and recorded 0 interceptions. I know he is a physical specimen, but we need someone who knows how to get the ball. Bosa is going to be a monster or many years, and he is still the player I would love to see on this team.

57 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Mortgage your short term future to reach for a questionable QB prospect? I think both the Eagles and the Rams will regret these trades in 5 years.

And think of all those poor additional souls who will now have to play in Cleveland. 

No, whoever the Eagles pick will turn out to be a top 5 all time QB, just so that God can spite the Browns again.

So the Eagles will be paying a lot of guaranteed $ to their 3 QBs the next couple of seasons.

Making the situation even more amazing is the fact that the Eagles have signed Bradford and Daniel to new contracts this offseason, with $22 million fully guaranteed for Bradford over two years and $12 million fully guaranteed for Daniel. Another $24 million or so will be fully guaranteed to the team’s newest quarterback, whoever that is.

As for trading Bradford, that might actually be doable for someone like the Broncos IF...

While Bradford may indeed be the starter right now, his contract could be intriguing to a team like the Jets, Broncos, or even the 49ers. If the Eagles agree to eat Bradford’s $11 million signing bonus, Bradford’s new team would be responsible for a $7 million base salary this year, a fully-guaranteed $4 million roster bonus due next March, and a $13 million base salary in 2017.

That’s $24 million over two years, a very affordable amount for a starting quarterback.

To get the most for Bradford, the Eagles need to project the notion that they want to keep him. They also need to send that message in the event they’d like to trade him but can’t.

If they don’t trade Bradford (or Chase Daniel), they’ll have more than $58 million in fully-guaranteed obligations to three quarterbacks, only one of whom will be playing — barring a return of the Wildcat formation to Philly

54 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

He will be there at 4, but I agree with @Howdyphillip, Bosa is the better option. HP is also correct to point out he had 0 ints, and almost every annalist says he has terrible ball skills/hands. in fact, he will be the first CB taken in the first round with no ints in his final college season (excluding injuries). 

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He will be there at 4, but I agree with @Howdyphillip, Bosa is the better option. HP is also correct to point out he had 0 ints, and almost every annalist says he has terrible ball skills/hands. in fact, he will be the first CB taken in the first round with no ints in his final college season (excluding injuries). 

Won't Mackenzie Alexander be the second?  His problem isn't bad hands, teams just mostly gave up throwing to his guy. 

6 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Won't Mackenzie Alexander be the second?  His problem isn't bad hands, teams just mostly gave up throwing to his guy. 

IDK about the first part. But listening to the college football wonks it sounds like that's exactly his issue. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

IDK about the first part. But listening to the college football wonks it sounds like that's exactly his issue. 

I was referring to Alexander when I said his problem is teams don't throw at him, which is why he didn't have any interceptions.  I don't know as much about Ramsey as he is going to be long gone by the time the Redskins are picking at 21.  Alexander is definitely on the radar as someone to go in the 15-30 range. 

39 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

I personally think that Dallas is going to screw up and take Ramsey with #4. He was thrown at 66 times last year, and recorded 0 interceptions. I know he is a physical specimen, but we need someone who knows how to get the ball. Bosa is going to be a monster or many years, and he is still the player I would love to see on this team.

I'm a FSU fan and have watched Ramsey his whole career and I gotta say that I was pretty surprised at the early projections having him go this early. I mean he's definitely a 1st rounder but I just never thought that he'd be a top 5 pick or anything. Like you said though, he's a physical freak who put up crazy combine numbers, and is a great leader on top of that. I also wouldn't be too worried about the 0 ints his senior year because teams really did to start avoid him...but taking him at the 4 pick is a big risk.

Archived