NFL 2016: Is there a draft in here or is it just me?

Maithanet

2 hours away! I'm hoping Dallas get Jalen Ramsay tonight but man just about every draft guru thinks it's Ezekiel Elliott. That's been leaking HARD out of Dallas the past couple of days. I'm hoping it's a smoke screen so that someone doesn't leapfrog them to move up to #3 with a trade with SD.

For the whole draft I hope there is one player they DON'T pick: Christian Hackenberg. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. Bad mechanics, panics in the pocket, and he regressed from his freshman year.

47 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Haha. My lone goal tonight is to just stick to beer. 

And yeah I have to agree. I think something in the $10-12 million a year range is a fair offer for him. I'm surprised the Jets are low balling him that much. Maybe he's better off sitting out part of the season and waiting for a playoff bound team's QB to go down and getting a quick pay day. 

Also, I don't see what the Jet's are accomplishing here. With Brady out for 4 games they have a real shot to win the division. They're much better off going into next year with Fitz than they are with some rookie QB or some lesser journeyman QB.

Also also, @DanteGabriel, losing Brady for 4 games isn't the end of the world. He'll be rested, motivated and you can figure out if Jimmy Unspellablelastname is any good. And you can also figure out if Brady is still amazing or if the TE cheat code is just propping up an aging star. 

Also also also, does anyone have any interesting predictions for tonight? Since this draft looks kinda boring it would be fun if a few teams did some nutty things. I'm gonna go all in and hope that the Eagles don't pick a QB, thus making one of the worst draft trades ever.

Also also also also, next years draft will be in Philly, and they won't have a first rounder. 32 young men better be prepared for the booing of their lifetime.

I find my enjoyment is highest if I stay entirely clear of the red carpet pre-draft crap. There might be the occasional funny moment I miss, but much much more self-important boring dross that sets me on edge enough that I'm generally pissed off by the time the annual weird American blending of sports and military spheres kicks into full drive, whereupon I generally actually turn off for a while. So, I've found if I avoid s much of the introductory stuff I can weather the peripheral crap better and keep my irritation specific to my team's choices.

And then one day, you wake up and put on a tie to support your team and realize your only goal is for them not to screw up too badly... :(

Don't blow it Niners.

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

And then one day, you wake up and put on a tie to support your team and realize your only goal is for them not to screw up too badly... :(

Don't blow it Niners.

Given our rather wide range of needs, I'm almost entertained by figuring out how we'll manage to avoid filling any of them. 

Just now, James Arryn said:

Given our rather wide range of needs, I'm almost entertained by figuring out how we'll manage to avoid filling any of them. 

WR in the first round.  Safety in the second.  ILB in the third.  Couple running backs.

Sounds about right.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

WR in the first round.  Safety in the second.  ILB in the third.  Couple running backs.

Sounds about right.

Yeah, it's not draft day without us picking a safety and rb. Kinda like my grandmother always gave each of us a deodorant in our Christmas stocking.

Just now, Trebla said:

Laremy Tunsil....or someone, posted a video of him smoking weed through a gas mask on his Twitter account. It was almost immediately deleted.  :blink:

Awesome. Speaking of suicidal moves, y'all read Jack's comments on his knee?

Also, Mike Mayock's face is so punchable.

Archived