NFL 2016: Is there a draft in here or is it just me?

Maithanet

Just now, Fiddler said:

I could see that.  The "optics" of the situation are bad though when you also consider what happened to his buddy nkemdiche.

Oh, undoubtedly.  Unfortunately, now teams are forced to try to get to the bottom of it and it's costing him big time.  So now either he really is a total screw-up or he's probably gonna have a huge chip on his shoulder.  I hope for his sake it's the latter.

1 minute ago, Prince of the North said:

Oh, undoubtedly.  Unfortunately, now teams are forced to try to get to the bottom of it and it's costing him big time.  So now either he really is a total screw-up or he's probably gonna have a huge chip on his shoulder.  I hope for his sake it's the latter.

I'm praying he falls to the Colts or they jump up for him.

31 minutes ago, Rhom said:

:dunno: 

Hes the best RB in the draft.  But Dallas was the only team I ever heard linked with him early.

22 minutes ago, Trebla said:

They say he's not quite the runner Gurley is but a better receiver and a MUCH better blocker. Short term, it's a great pick. They are going all in for Romo's window of 2 years. Long term? Carr and Claiborne are both FA's next year

From what I saw, he probably would not have gotten past #11 where the Bears were and maybe Giants at #10. 

28 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I think he only really makes sense for Dallas that high...they probably could have dropped 6-7 spots and still gotten him, but for them specifically, with the Romo window, he makes them pretty scary on O. He's a no weakness kind of rb...drawing some AP comps, but that's more type than quality, IMO. 

Matches what little I've heard about Elliott. Gurley was the only example of teams dipping their toes back in the RB water the last few years after the Trent Richardson travesty. Though that felt like a bet on pure freakishness, not so unlike Clowney.

I guess the model for the perfectly well rounded RB taken super high is Ladainian Tomlinson. Feel like a RB who can do it all will always return some value though to get your money's worth he's gotta have elite explosion. Good news is that'll reveal itself almost immediately. 

The 15th pick that Tennessee traded up from is coming up... It really looks like they could have stood pat and still gotten their guy.

So much guess work at the NFL draft.

Just now, mcbigski said:

I would have also like Jack, but I'm happy with Tunsil to Miami. 

I do wonder when Jack's injury risk/reward begins to balance out for teams?

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Well, Corey Coleman and RGIII will have at least 2 things in common. Went to Baylor, and their careers are over.

I laughed. And you're the devil. 

Archived