NFL 2016: Is there a draft in here or is it just me?

Maithanet

Just now, Howdyphillip said:

I like the pick for the Niners... Guard is such an under rated position, and Garnett has All Pro potential. Late first round could be a steal. 

Considering he probably would have been there ten picks later, I don't know if I'd call it a steal.

2 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

This is the kid who got stoned and fell off his fourth floor hotel room balcony...

And they just said on ESPN that he wants to get a pet panther.

Odds the kid gets mauled midway through his first season in the NFL?

4 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

How are you not upfront about a stoned 4 story fall? What explanations could there be? That said, people I respect have said he checks out as a nice guy in person. 

Not that it demonstrates much better decision-making, but he could have been drunk instead of high.  Honestly, I'm much more likely to fall down when drunk than when high.  Falling down while really high requires getting up to begin with.

Just now, briantw said:

Not that it demonstrates much better decision-making, but he could have been drunk instead of high.  Honestly, I'm much more likely to fall down when drunk than when high.  Falling down while really high requires getting up to begin with.

He was high... Not only did he get arrested when the police found pot in the room, but he admitted it. 

For Dallas, the runs on offensive linemen, receivers, and now defensive tackles may help them for the top of the 2nd round. There are some guys like DE's  Kevin Dodd, Jonathan Bullard, and Emmanuel Ogbah should be there. LB Myles Jack could be there as well. 

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Jack's knee must be absolutely fucked.

His comment was really puzzling...like he was trying to ring alarm bells. I mean, he didn't say anything incredibly new, but was pretty casual about micro fracture, and then dropped the bomb about a 3 year career being a positive. I think I know what he meant and I was hoping he was the guy we traded up to snag, but that's scary talk there.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Well, Corey Coleman and RGIII will have at least 2 things in common. Went to Baylor, and their careers are over.

Heh heh, Mistake by the Lake!

Well Cincy swooped up my choice of cb's for the Steelers, but Artie Burns is an interesting player. And it only took them 19 years to take a cb in the first round again.

Myles Jack freefalls from the first, where tomorrow he'll be taken by the Browns and blows his knee out by the end of May...welcome to Cleveland.

The more I think on it, the happier I am with the Elliot pick from my Boys. I'm not too sure that you could have passed up Bosa, but with the Tunsil slide making this possible I find myself being more and more happy. In my life, I have now seen 3 first round RB picks from Dallas. Tony Dorsett, Emmit Smith, and now Ezekiel Elliot. If he is half as productive as the previous two, we have something special here. 

Come down off the ledge a bit on Garnett...still think it's too much, and not sold on the fit, though I'm still catching up on Kelly's schemes a bit...but I think maybe more upside than I'd first thought. Really I checked off him after thinking he wasn't a fit, so it's almost new stuff. He had some really bad tape I'd looked at when going over Buckner, actually, so maybe that closed my mind a bit.

I did for a flicker think we'd landed Buckner and Jack...and I think if Baalke hadn't been so burned on red shirts it's his kind of move...but I'm liking Garnett as a prospect more than I' expected. 

2 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Heh heh, Mistake by the Lake!

Well Cincy swooped up my choice of cb's for the Steelers, but Artie Burns is an interesting player. And it only took them 19 years to take a cb in the first round again.

Myles Jack freefalls from the first, where tomorrow he'll be taken by the Browns and blows his knee out by the end of May...welcome to Cleveland.

Makes the pick all the sweeter. :P

I did like one of the analyst's comment about it being a good choice due to the Steelers liking to throw it around so much. Smart pick by the Bengals. 

I know Lewis thinks Jackson III will be another Jonathan Joseph, so I'm excited about him joining our other young DB's. I really should have seen this coming,  as we love taking CB in the 1st round. 

Archived