NFL 2016: Is there a draft in here or is it just me?

Maithanet

Anyone else just drooling over Elliot for fantasy?  Only holdup is that the Cowboys could have a ludicrous committee there with McFadden and Morris spelling him to keep everyone fresh.  

I pray the Cowboys go d-line next draft with Spence, Ogbah, or some other pass rusher (although corner wouldn't completely piss me off).  I think most likely QB is probably Allen if they don't take Cook early tonight.  Jerry Jones alma mater and all.

23 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

The Tunsil thing that cracks me up the most is that the Ravens, they of accessory to murder Ray Lewis and woman beater Ray Rice were so appalled of a guy ripping a bong hit off a gas mask (had one in college it was tits) that they took him off their board entirely. What a crock of shit. Way to take the high road...

That's ridiculous. In the Ravens defense, they cut all ties with Rice as soon as it happened didn't they?

That statue of Ray Lewis is another matter...

10 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

That's ridiculous. In the Ravens defense, they cut all ties with Rice as soon as it happened didn't they?

Rice at least has acted in a way that I believe he is 100% abhorred and contrite for what he did.  I'd be all for a team giving him a second chance.  

That piece of shit that bears a Greyjoy's sigil on the otherhand needs to have both knees blown out every year until they're basically the consistency of raw sausage.

11 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but the Ravens not only tried to cover up what Rice did, they appealed the league to keep his suspension to the minimum.

I'm coming around to the Doctson pick.  You know how we always talk about good teams going BPA?  This is what that looks like.  If you are strictly looking at receiving threats, I think we now have arguably the best in the league.  Garcon, Jackson, Doctson, Crowder and Reed?  That is really nasty.  It's a shame only one of those five can run block at all (Garcon).  Reports on Doctson are that he has great hands, leaping ability, and body control.  He is 6-2, so we finally finally have a solid red zone receiving threat, and that matters.  In Gruden's final year with the Bengals they had three huge targets, and the Bengals were something preposterously good in the red zone (They were scoring a td 91% of the time or something ridiculous).  Doctson's weaknesses are that he isn't a great blocker, and his routes need work.  But there's every reason to think that he'll contribute this year, and move into a starting spot next year.  Now there is even less chance that we resign Jackson and Garcon this coming year.  My suspicion is that Doctson is going to replace Jackson, as DJax is not a receiver that will age well.  

The downside is that our offense was already pretty solid, and we haven't invested a first round pick on defense since 2011 with Kerrigan.  That is a really long time.  There are a ton of talented D line guys still available, and I'm really hoping whoever we take in the second round is a stud.  I would even be OK with trading up into the second IF the right guy is still available.  Not that I expect it, but the cost of moving up 5-10 spots in the second round is a hell of a lot less prohibitive than it is in the first.   Regardless, I really hope we find a way (whether trading up, trading back or standing pat) to get a solid DT or DE for our scheme.  We badly need to improve vs the run.

Interesting that not a single Alabama defender was taken in the first round.  Ragland, Reed and Robinson were all widely considered first rounders.  Apparently a lot of GMs shared my concern that having dominant teammates makes it a lot easier to shine, and it is hard to say which of them is the true star. 

LOL at the Koolaid.  Best receiving threats in the league are the Steelers, Green Bay, Cards, Pats (not a true #1 receiver, but Gronk, Edelman, and Bennett is nasty), Broncos, and Jags.  I like Atlanta, Dallas, Carolina (with Benjamin healthy), Jets, Bucs, and Oakland better than Redskins either because they have proven top tier #1's with at least another great complement (like Olsen or Witten), or very solid pairs of receivers (Evans/Jackson, Marshall/Decker).  

The Redskins would be good, but nowhere near best in the league.  If Doctson is the next Evans, OBJ, and Cooper rolled into one, and Reed's knees hold up for any amount of time, you might make a case for being in the top tier.  But nowhere near there now.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So who do you guys think will take the risk and draft Jack? I personally believe the Pats would have taken him if they had a pick.

For a team with depth to ride it out, that will be a competitor regardless of its draft picks, I think it's a great decision.  Sadly, that leaves it to teams like the Packers, Cards, Pats, and Broncos.  

10 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

For a team with depth to ride it out, that will be a competitor regardless of its draft picks, I think it's a great decision.  Sadly, that leaves it to teams like the Packers, Cards, Pats, and Broncos.  

Those teams sound about right. Your Boyz would be a good spot too.

8 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

LOL at the Koolaid.  Best receiving threats in the league are the Steelers, Green Bay, Cards, Pats (not a true #1 receiver, but Gronk, Edelman, and Bennett is nasty), Broncos, and Jags.  I like Atlanta, Dallas, Carolina (with Benjamin healthy), Jets, Bucs, and Oakland better than Redskins either because they have proven top tier #1's with at least another great complement (like Olsen or Witten), or very solid pairs of receivers (Evans/Jackson, Marshall/Decker).  

The Redskins would be good, but nowhere near best in the league.  If Doctson is the next Evans, OBJ, and Cooper rolled into one, and Reed's knees hold up for any amount of time, you might make a case for being in the top tier.  But nowhere near there now.

The Redskins are clearly ahead of Green Bay, New England, Atlanta, Dallas, Carolina, and Oakland in terms of downfield targets.  It's a lot easier to look good when you have a Top 10 quarterback, as all those teams do except Oakland, (who honestly I have no idea why they are even on the list.  Cooper has drop problems and the rest of their receiving corps is nothing special.) 

The Cards and Steelers have better receivers, although neither has a tight end like Reed.  The Jets and Bucs have better top two receivers, I can't really comment on the depth, and again lack a tight end like Reed.  Jags I don't see enough to comment on. 

In what way are Garcon/Jackson not a solid pair of receivers?  Garcon led the league in receptions in 2013, and Jackson is a three time pro bowler.  Both are under 30. 

Garcon and Jackson to me are just another starter.  There's nothing special about either one of them.  Gracon has reliable hands, and Jackson is fast, but they're not the overall package that a guy like Sanders is, or even an Evans.  Give me Nelson and Cobb, Gronk and Edelman, Julio and X, Bryant and Witten, Olsen and Benjamin, or Cooper and Crabtree any day of the week above Reed and Jackson.  

If Doctson turns out to be a upper good - great receiver, then we'll talk, because everyone gets shifted down.  So Reed starts comparing with 2's instead of 1's.  

I think JS4P is saying that Kirk Cousins is actually amazing. To be the #6 passing attack per DYAR last year with such meh weapons around him implies the Captain is among the best now. 

AND HOLY SHIT WE CAN POST VIDEOS AGAIN?! 

29 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

We have a little more needs than those, so I think we're a tier below roster-wise.  I also think we have less depth if our starters do go down.  

Going off of his own comments, he should only go to teams that can win the Superb Owl in the next three years, and that's what Romo's window is. 

5 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I think JS4P is saying that Kirk Cousins is actually amazing. To be the #6 passing attack per DYAR last year with such meh weapons around him implies the Captain is among the best now. 

AND HOLY SHIT WE CAN POST VIDEOS AGAIN?! 

I actually think highly of Cousins (ugh, that hurts saying that). He'll never be Brady, but he appears to be pretty good.  And while #6 passing attack sounds high, especially given what I remember as being a weak schedule, he was top 10 in YPA, just a hair above Brady.  

Now, y'all probably have one of the deepest receiving groups in the league.  Most #4's can't compete with Crowder (I'd still take Cards with Fitz, Brown, Brown, Floyd, and Nelson).  But I like all those other teams better because their top tier talent is significantly better (especially given Reed's lack of the most important ability)

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

We always could, noob. It's the pictures that be dead.

Why would they kill pictures but not video? That makes zero sense to me.

Anyway, I'm excited for you Tywin! I think Treadwell is just the guy to bring in 3-4 of the 8 passes the Vikings throw a game. 

Just now, Jaime L said:

Why would they kill pictures but not video? That makes zero sense to me.

Anyway, I'm excited for you Tywin! I think Treadwell is just the guy to bring in 3-4 of the 8 passes the Vikings throw a game. 

Yeah it sucks, but we don't get to make that call.

Ha. Treadwell was the highest graded WR until people had concerns about his speed. I think it was a great pick, and checks off everything we needed in a WR. Plus he's basically a clone of Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. Between getting him, revamping the O-Line and moving indoors we're totally gonna throw the ball at least 12 times!!!!!!

Archived