Riverlands storyline speculation (LS)

Frederic_ed

The Riverlands storyline is the most confusing one to me right now. We know we will get the siege of Riverrun (set pictures and scenes from trailers), Red Wedding 2 (all the Freys returning and the scene from the second trailer) and that the BwB is coming back (Thoros confirmed to return and a "band of outlaws" being cast), but apart from that it’s hard to predict anything else.

It seems like Sansa is taking the LS role (she has been saying CONSTANTLY that her storyline will involve revenge, including in the second trailer on the scene for the RW2), that would explain the “Lady Stoneheart commanding an army” rumor, but it also seems like Sansa will be in the north for a while (the Bear Island room from the trailer).

We also know that Brienne will meet with Sansa on the first episode and that eventually she will head south with Pod, but why would she leave Sansa? It would make MUCH more sense if Sansa goes with her (we don't know when Brienne is going south, we only know that she will be there by the second half of the season).

And if the Tullys and the BwB join forces for Red Wedding 2, why would they accept Brienne’s help? Sansa, on the other hand, would be the perfect uniting chess piece. Also, RW2 wouldn’t be emotionally powerful is a Stark is not behind it (think about it, would it be satisfying if Brienne or Edmure or Thoros is behind it? I sincerely don’t think so.) And Arya can't be the one behind it, because she will arrive at Westeros in episode 10, so there would be no time for her to meet with all the involved and take part on it, and as I said, it is Sansa storyline the one that involves a revenge plot this season.

Other hints that suggest that Sansa will be the one behind it are the semi-spoilers told by Los 7 Reinos: they said in a podcast that Sansa storyline will be amazing this season and that it would leave everyone cheering for her and that she will end the season way better than she is right now. I don't think that going from castle to castle in the north rallying lords to fight for Jon would be considered THAT exciting.

For all I know, the show could even take Thoros to the wall to be the one that resurrects Jon. There he could meet with Sansa and bring her and Brienne south (I know it would make zero sense for Thoros to go there, but after Jaime in Dorne everything is possible, and it would also help explain Beric’s permanent death).

But even if Sansa stays north for the first part of the season and then goes south, that would contradict all the rumors that say she will be present at the battle of the bastards with Littlefinger and the Vale's army. So, I’m completely lost on this one.

One last thing, even is Sansa doesn't take LS's role, LS's plot will take place this season regardless. Apart from RW2 and the BwB returning, it's being confirmed that Thoros will take place in a scene involving a "hanging". So, for me it's either Sansa or the actual LS coming back, I don't see another way to explain this.

5 hours ago, Frederic_ed said:

The Riverlands storyline is the most confusing one to me right now. We know we will get the siege of Riverrun (set pictures and scenes from trailers), Red Wedding 2 (all the Freys returning and the scene from the second trailer) and that the BwB is coming back (Thoros confirmed to return and a "band of outlaws" being cast), but apart from that it’s hard to predict anything else.

It seems like Sansa is taking the LS role (she has been saying CONSTANTLY that her storyline will involve revenge, including in the second trailer on the scene for the RW2), that would explain the “Lady Stoneheart commanding an army” rumor, but it also seems like Sansa will be in the north for a while (the Bear Island room from the trailer).

We also know that Brienne will meet with Sansa on the first episode and that eventually she will head south with Pod, but why would she leave Sansa? It would make MUCH more sense if Sansa goes with her (we don't know when Brienne is going south, we only know that she will be there by the second half of the season).

And if the Tullys and the BwB join forces for Red Wedding 2, why would they accept Brienne’s help? Sansa, on the other hand, would be the perfect uniting chess piece. Also, RW2 wouldn’t be emotionally powerful is a Stark is not behind it (think about it, would it be satisfying if Brienne or Edmure or Thoros is behind it? I sincerely don’t think so.) And Arya can't be the one behind it, because she will arrive at Westeros in episode 10, so there would be no time for her to meet with all the involved and take part on it, and as I said, it is Sansa storyline the one that involves a revenge plot this season.

Other hints that suggest that Sansa will be the one behind it are the semi-spoilers told by Los 7 Reinos: they said in a podcast that Sansa storyline will be amazing this season and that it would leave everyone cheering for her and that she will end the season way better than she is right now. I don't think that going from castle to castle in the north rallying lords to fight for Jon would be considered THAT exciting.

For all I know, the show could even take Thoros to the wall to be the one that resurrects Jon. There he could meet with Sansa and bring her and Brienne south (I know it would make zero sense for Thoros to go there, but after Jaime in Dorne everything is possible, and it would also help explain Beric’s permanent death).

But even if Sansa stays north for the first part of the season and then goes south, that would contradict all the rumors that say she will be present at the battle of the bastards with Littlefinger and the Vale's army. So, I’m completely lost on this one.

One last thing, even is Sansa doesn't take LS's role, LS's plot will take place this season regardless. Apart from RW2 and the BwB returning, it's being confirmed that Thoros will take place in a scene involving a "hanging". So, for me it's either Sansa or the actual LS coming back, I don't see another way to explain this.

It's very likely that Brynden takes over LS' role or the BWB just do what they're supposed to do in the series without an LS-like substitute.

1 hour ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

It's very likely that Brynden takes over LS' role or the BWB just do what they're supposed to do in the series without an LS-like substitute.

I think this is what will happen, BWB has turned "evil" because "religion" according to the casting calls....so whatever needs to happen, if anything ,with Brienne/Jamie/BWB will happen w/no Lady Stoneheart.

Although finally having convinced about 85% of people that they won't be using LSH, it would be just like the show to throw her in there randomly for a couple of scenes.

I'm hoping since they brought the Blackfish back that he has an important destiny in the books, and this won't be just another cameo copule of appearances to shoehorn in some of the Riverlands stuff to get Jamie and Brienne back in place.

On 4/21/2016 at 1:41 PM, Lautrec said:

Blackfish will take over LSH's role.

Wow I hadn't thought of that, but it could work. He could capture Brienne, have her and Pod hanged as Lannister pawns and traitors to his niece and the Starks, then make some deal to get her to (apparently) betray and lure Jaime into a trap.

I believe Sansa is going to stay in the North till the end. There's a possibility that she gives Brienne a choice. Sansa spots the sword or Brienne tells her that Jaime sent her causing Sansa to be suspicious and Sansa tells her to bring Jaime's head to her if she wants to prove her loyalty or something like that. Or another idea is that Brienne after getting Sansa, to safety decides to go to Jaime to tell him she fulfilled part of her oath. Then the BwB catches her and threatens to hang Pod unless she gets Jaime.

3 hours ago, jbob said:

I believe Sansa is going to stay in the North till the end. There's a possibility that she gives Brienne a choice. Sansa spots the sword or Brienne tells her that Jaime sent her causing Sansa to be suspicious and Sansa tells her to bring Jaime's head to her if she wants to prove her loyalty or something like that. Or another idea is that Brienne after getting Sansa, to safety decides to go to Jaime to tell him she fulfilled part of her oath. Then the BwB catches her and threatens to hang Pod unless she gets Jaime.

I think this is the most likely story. The trailers show Pod in the Riverlands with the Lannister army so it seems pretty certain those two are heading their. It is just a matter of what part if any Brienne plays in ensuring Sansa's escape. 

Sansa already knows Brienne was with Jaime, remember, that was the reason why she didn't trust her in season 5. She won't hang Pod or anything like that, that would be dumb as fuck. I think the Pod hanging is definitely cut (unless the actual LS appears).

Archived