He'll never be King - Prince dead at 57

RedEyedGhost

whenever someone famous dies, there are a lot of idiots saying "you were never a fan?", "did you even know his songs?!". Argh. I wasn't a fan of Prince. Does that mean I'm unable to recognise what a amazing artist he was? How idiotic. In any case, if someone didn't know his work, that his death serves for younger generations to know his work.

IMHO, the most talented musician of all-time. Singer, songwriter. could play SEVERAL instruments. And according to Charlie Murphy, was a Hell of basketball player! 

Prince didn't die, he just ascended to a higher plane. 

Prince was the real deal, no auto tune, lip synching or studio gimmics needed for this artist. He played with a real band, and Prince himself was a master at multiple instruments ( keys, string, percussion, producing, writing) similar to Stevie Wonder in that respect. He was literally his own walking, breathing one man studio and an irreplaceable American artist. 

Anyone who has never seen it, needs to view Princes stage owning, string shredding, performance at the RRHOF of "My Guitar Gently Weeps". He was the kind of performer and singular talent that made other performers and artist just stop and admire in awe at the creative original mastery of genius incarnate. The real deal , hugely influential and the American music industry just became a little more hollow today with this loss.

Archived