Could Arya go to the Citadel in season 6? (Book spoilerish)

imaginepageant

A thought occurred to me today: what if the show sends Arya to infiltrate the Citadel?

They've made plenty of merges and substitutions in the past in order to eliminate extraneous characters and plots that would take screen time away from those more important. With Sam heading to the Citadel and Arya training in Braavos, and both essentially the only major characters featuring in these storylines and settings, it would make sense to join them. This would eliminate the need to introduce yet another new character to take on Jaqen's role at the Citadel, or to take Jaqen out of Braavos and thus leave Arya with much less to do there. It would also go a long way to streamline Arya's assassin-in-training storyline, get her back to Westeros sooner rather than later, and start reintegrating with the other major characters and storylines. She wouldn't even need face-changing magic to do it—it wouldn't be the first time she's impersonated a boy, after all—so Maisie could continue playing the role instead of having stand-ins for various missions in Braavos. She could even take on whatever role Alleras/Sarella is going to play at the Citadel (unless it's firmly tied to the Dorne storyline).

Plausible or ridiculous?

I would like to see Arya headed to Old Town in both the show and the books but it is difficult to see it happening this season, because she will likely spend a at least a couple episodes being blind, and I've heard rumors that

Spoiler

she will also spend some time with some mummers.

So I think she will likely have a full season just with everything happening in Braavos.  Thus I don't see her leaving until the end of the season and by that point it might be better to head somewhere else, like the Wall or King's Landing.

It's plausible but a bit unlikely considering the other things she has to do and the rumours about

Spoiler

heading to Westeros

However, John Bradley was in Girona, so maybe he was filming something about OldTown (I'm not sure if he was there for pleausure or to shoot things). The other explanation could be that Sam

Spoiler

meets Arya in Braavos, like in the books

And Maisie was there too.....

Archived