Queensguard vs. Rainbow Guard

Oakhearts head

So I've seen a few 'Kingsguard vs. Queensguard' threads but what if Daenerys' Queensguard fought Renly's slightly obscure Rainbow Guard in a 7-on-7 trial by combat? 

Book versions and assume this is a neutral setting with all 14 combatants on foot :

Queensguard :

- Aggo.
- Ser Barristan Selmy.
- Daario Naharis.
- Grey Worm.
- Ser Jorah Mormont (Lord Commander).
- Rakharo.
- Strong Belwas.

vs.

Rainbow Guard :

- Brienne of Tarth.
- Lord Bryce Caron.
- Ser Emmon Cuy.
- Ser Guyard Morrigen.
- Ser Loras Tyrell (Lord Commander).
- Ser Parmen Crane.
- Ser Robar Royce.

Who would win and why?

Queensguard.

Brienne beat Loras, and Loras slew Royce and...which other guy did he kill?...which puts them below him when he's in a killing mood. The others in the Rainbow Guard aren't necessarily known to be as good as Loras and Brienne are. I'd put Royce in as the third best of the seven, just based on family reputation and Waymar's badass ending.

Dany's QG has Barristan, Daario, Strong Belwas, Jorah, and Grey Worm.

I think Brienne would be the last of the RG standing.

Though I do allow as Barristan and Jorah at least might refuse to kill a woman, even in armor. That WOULD give Brienne an advantage, but I don't know that Daario, SB or GW would have a problem killing her...might take all three of them.

Rainbow Guard, because they're all in full plate and half of the others won't be. Loras is certainly better than Mormont and possibly Barristan because of Barristan's age, and I think Brienne takes the other tough opponent. Aside from that the unarmored guys are going down fast, though maybe Daario and Grey Worm put up a decent fight. After that it's a game of numbers, and even if Barristan or Jorah is left standing, he's probably tired and wounded by this point and gets mobbed by whoever remains.

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

Rainbow Guard, because they're all in full plate and half of the others won't be. Loras is certainly better than Mormont and possibly Barristan because of Barristan's age, and I think Brienne takes the other tough opponent. Aside from that the unarmored guys are going down fast, though maybe Daario and Grey Worm put up a decent fight. After that it's a game of numbers, and even if Barristan or Jorah is left standing, he's probably tired and wounded by this point and gets mobbed by whoever remains.

You really think Barristan would agree to the fight if his fellow QG didn't have comparable armor? Granted the Dothraki on the team would refuse to wear it, and couldn't fight in it anyway.

On 4/27/2016 at 10:24 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

You really think Barristan would agree to the fight if his fellow QG didn't have comparable armor? Granted the Dothraki on the team would refuse to wear it, and couldn't fight in it anyway.

Even if they had it, they wouldn't have the training to utilize it properly and it would be even worse than not having it imo.

The Queensguard is generally more naturally skilled, but less trained, and I put experience over talent any day ;)

4 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Even if they had it, they wouldn't have the training to utilize it properly and it would be even worse than not having it imo.

The Queensguard is generally more naturally skilled, but less trained, and I put experience over talent any day ;)

Fair points, but what about position? If the sun is shining in the eyes of the KG they might not do as well. Or if the sun is glinting off of the armor either side is wearing, it could cause problems. :D

Archived