MLB 2016: Chia Pet Un-Safe Zone

Ramsay B.

1 hour ago, MercifulChief said:

there is this dude I know named Clayton who is just awesome at the whole pitching thing. 

This is true. Funny story, he's my best friend.

Also, Odor got an 8 game suspension while Bautista only got 1. That's total horseshit. Their suspensions should be the same. Odor shouldn't be penalized for being a better fighter.

15 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Also, Odor got an 8 game suspension while Bautista only got 1. That's total horseshit. Their suspensions should be the same. Odor shouldn't be penalized for being a better fighter.

Have to agree. He slide late on Odor, popped up and got in his face, and looked like he was going to throw before he got clocked. 

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Rolling out to the Oakland Coliseum tonight to catch A's vs Yanks with some co-workers. Sitting in the left field bleachers. Anyone have any ideas for some decent smack to yell at the Yankee's left fielder?

Tell him he plays ball like a girl.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Pag7vpOmr08

On 5/16/2016 at 8:36 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

He's leading the league in RBI's, has an over .400 OBP and is generally clutch hitting like an MVP......And this is his swan song season? Big Papi needs to be in Coop town the moment he's elgible. I still remember that Grand Slam he beat the Tigers with in the playoffs a few years back, I kept thinking dont pitch to him here, dont pitch to him here, dont pitch to him here, I dont give a fuck if the bases are loaded DO NOT PITCH TO HIM HERE....Two seconds later he goes yard. Seen it coming a mile away and it was one of the few times I ever begged for my team to walk in a run.

I hope you think Edgar Martinez belongs in the HoF, before Ortiz. People like to pretend that Ortiz was the one who embodies the DH role, when Edgar was tearing it up way before Big Papi (lets all remember why he is called Big Papi, and that's because Edgar was the original Papi). People can bring up the fact that Ortiz has won however many awards for being the best DH, but there is a reason they are called the Edgar Martinez award.

7 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Rolling out to the Oakland Coliseum tonight to catch A's vs Yanks with some co-workers. Sitting in the left field bleachers. Anyone have any ideas for some decent smack to yell at the Yankee's left fielder?

You're good luck, obviously. How'd Chapman's heat look live?

So for the 2nd straight game Girardi pulls a head-scratcher. Nova had given up 1 run in 6 innings with a fucking 62 pitch count and he opts to go to the big 3. The day before Eovaldi had retired the last 18 batters, had given up 1 hit with an 85 pitch count and he takes him out. I guess he's trying to burn these guys out? 

5 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

So for the 2nd straight game Girardi pulls a head-scratcher. Nova had given up 1 run in 6 innings with a fucking 62 pitch count and he opts to go to the big 3. The day before Eovaldi had retired the last 18 batters, had given up 1 hit with an 85 pitch count and he takes him out. I guess he's trying to burn these guys out? 

The only way it makes sense is if Girardi is actually more afraid of burning out Nova and Eovaldi.

Perhaps because so many he is afraid of more starting pitchers being on the DL?  Or maybe he actually is more worried about burning out his starting pitching, rather than his bullpen?

I don't know, 85 pitches I could understand, but 62?  That really seems like fear there, but I think it might have been more fear of losing that game, considering the numerous base-running blunders.  I have a feeling, had they got those runs, Nova would have went at least 1-2 more innings.

9 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Probably about as good as Syndergaard/Scherzer looked on Tuesday. So quick to the plate!

Girardi is just making poor decisions. 

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Probably about as good as Syndergaard/Scherzer looked on Tuesday. So quick to the plate!

Girardi is just making poor decisions. 

Yeah, it's almost like he's teleporting the ball into the catcher's mitt. Just crazy fast. Outside of one single, and a sac fly, the A's hitters couldn't do anything but foul off his stuff. He was overpowering.

Peavy is just a trainwreck now, tough to watch. He had the worst ERA in the league for a starter and went up against the guy with the lowest ERA today...and things went accordingly. 

CC pitching decent! Yankees never win in Oakland so even a split is a pleasant surprise.

5 hours ago, Triskan said:

Check out Edgar's career numbers.

Hit .320 or higher eight times

ETA:  St. Louis is really bad on D this year.  Errors and missed opportunities galore. 

Yep, Edgar was the man, makes me sad that I was either too young, or had fallen into the trap that so many do thinking baseball is boring to really have appreciated him for most of his career, but I remember that when I was paying attention to baseball as a kid, Edgar was always my favorite. Every year, Mariners fans have their own little riot knowing that if Edgar had played for an east coast team, he'd already be in the Hall of Fame, but he played in the Pacific Northwest, far from the eyes of the media, on a team that only rarely reached the bright lights of the post season, and I think that is one of the biggest hurdles he has to overcome. He didn't have the personality that Jr. had, so he wasn't a megastar, but by god if he wasn't the best DH to play the game.

Also people forget that it wasn't that he was too unathletic or one dimensional to play in the field (literally the only time Ortiz played in the field was in inter-league situations, he averaged 15 games in the field his entire career), it was that he suffered a injury that would end up nagging at him his entire career that prompted his move from 3rd to DH.

11 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Peavy is just a trainwreck now, tough to watch. He had the worst ERA in the league for a starter and went up against the guy with the lowest ERA today...and things went accordingly. 

CC pitching decent! Yankees never win in Oakland so even a split is a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, Peavy is done methinks. I don't understand why they haven't brought up another starter to take his slot by now. He has been absolutely miserable for the entirety of this season.

3 minutes ago, MercifulChief said:

2 hit shutout for kershaw last night.  the boy is just amazing.

And as was pointed out to me today, that was his 3rd best start of May. Kershaw is operating on Pedro level right now. Unbelievable to witness.

Archived