MLB 2016: Chia Pet Un-Safe Zone

Ramsay B.

3 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Chapman hit 105.1 mph yesterday and 104 a few more times. Fucking crazy!

A few years back he "hit" 106 according to the Reds scoreboard during a game against the Pirates. I think it ended up being over exaggerated by 3 mph iirc. This was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the 105. Especially with the chance of the Yanks trading him, might as well add to the hype and his potential trade value with some possible fudging of numbers.

Or maybe he really did hit 105. Regardless, the dude throws fucking fire.

4 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Kershaw shutdown for a while. Not good news for some of you west coasters.

Chapman hit 105.1 mph yesterday and 104 a few more times. Fucking crazy!

5 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

A few years back he "hit" 106 according to the Reds scoreboard during a game against the Pirates. I think it ended up being over exaggerated by 3 mph iirc. This was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the 105. Especially with the chance of the Yanks trading him, might as well add to the hype and his potential trade value with some possible fudging of numbers.

Or maybe he really did hit 105. Regardless, the dude throws fucking fire.

How did Flahrety  make contact with any of them last night?

2 hours ago, Triskan said:

I will be quite upset indeed if the Yanks shop Chapman this deadline and he ends up in Chicago. 

Him or Miller. Yankees want Schwarber badly, but I can't imagine Cubs dealing him for a reliever or 2. 

9 hours ago, Triskan said:

I will be quite upset indeed if the Yanks shop Chapman this deadline and he ends up in Chicago. 

6 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Him or Miller. Yankees want Schwarber badly, but I can't imagine Cubs dealing him for a reliever or 2. 

I'm actually conflicted on Chapman...the ballplayer? Sure. The guy he seems to be off the field...it's hard to hold ones nose sometimes, even if it is over 100 years...

Schwarber won't be going anywhere. As part of the core, Theo expects him to be a top ten hitter here in the future, and as Ken Rosenthal pointed out this morning, of the core Cubs, Schwarber is not a Boras guy, unlike Bryant, Russell, and Almora Jr...

20 hours ago, Tyrion Lannister said:

Not good at all.  They've actually been playing pretty well without him, but if he's out for another month I don't think they have any chance of catching the Giants.  Maintaining a WC spot could be difficult as well.

Reports are that the Dodgers are "big game hunting" because of it. Going after Chris Archer, Sonny Gray, Julio Teheran. We've been cruising without Kersh, but we want some more certainty. I'm okay giving up some of the pitching depth we have on the farm if it gets us one of those guys in return.

16 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Guys, we unclassily failed to mention the 4 year prison term awarded to the former Cards dude who hacked the Astros.

I hope he goes to a classy prison. Can you imagine how awful it would be for him to spend four years in an inelegant jail?

Credit where it's due, Giants fans representing pretty well at Fenway tonight (during a wild game). I saw a bunch of people in Giants gear when I was walking around Back Bay this afternoon. I made sure to graciously console them for their team getting shut out last night.

Suck it Strasburg!

Also, sounds like the Dodgers have a good shot at landing Chris Archer. Trisky's right, I'd rather have Gray, but Archer is still a damn good piece.

ETA: Another also, I'll believe Puig is on the block when I see it. Every year the sports writers traffic in vague stories about how Puig is gonna be traded, mostly because it makes for a good headline. Don't get me wrong, the Dodgers might be open to trading him, but it would have to be for the right return. Sorry Twins fans, you're not getting him for Ervin Santana.

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Suck it Strasburg!

Also, sounds like the Dodgers have a good shot at landing Chris Archer. Trisky's right, I'd rather have Gray, but Archer is still a damn good piece.

ETA: Another also, I'll believe Puig is on the block when I see it. Every year the sports writers traffic in vague stories about how Puig is gonna be traded, mostly because it makes for a good headline. Don't get me wrong, the Dodgers might be open to trading him, but it would have to be for the right return. Sorry Twins fans, you're not getting him for Ervin Santana.

Okay, okay...we'll give you Santana straight up for Kershaw.  No need to add Puig.

You drive a hard bargain, Jareth.

7 minutes ago, Lightning Lord said:

Okay, okay...we'll give you Santana straight up for Kershaw.  No need to add Puig.

You drive a hard bargain, Jareth.

Take note so-called baseball brainiacs, that's how it's done!

Just now, Myshkin said:

Take note so-called baseball brainiacs, that's how it's done!

Additionally, we'll give you a crate of Torii Hunter bobbleheads for the Dear Leader.  I'll personally pay the shipping and handling.

23 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Wait, are you proposing one trade sending me the Hunter bobbleheads, and then another trade in which I send the bobbleheads back?

Yes

But you gain a... I want to say "gently used" Tyler Duffy in the deal!  It's a steal at twice the price!

Archived