MLB 2016: Chia Pet Un-Safe Zone

Ramsay B.

All what you say is true, but I still maintain that Theo doesn't make this move unless he's assured of signing Chapman long term...

That being said, the Cubs have brought up Bryant, Baez, Russell, Schwarber, Soler..they already had Rizzo...They've reached the point where the Cubs were going to have to start moving prospects. Granted,  I expected the kid they shipped to Seattle to be a big piece of a trade for a starter though...

29 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

All what you say is true, but I still maintain that Theo doesn't make this move unless he's assured of signing Chapman long term...

That being said, the Cubs have brought up Bryant, Baez, Russell, Schwarber, Soler..they already had Rizzo...They've reached the point where the Cubs were going to have to start moving prospects. Granted,  I expected the kid they shipped to Seattle to be a big piece of a trade for a starter though...

Is he that highly rated?

2 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Is he that highly rated?

Dan Vogelbach is a beast of a hitter.  But his only real option in the field is 1B, if he's in the field at all.  He's built for the DH spot, and in Chicago with the Cubs, he's behind Anthony Rizzo, who looks to be the first baseman for the next 10 years on the North Side.  I expected Vogelbach would be the balm for those wanting Schwarber...

8 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Dan Vogelbach is a beast of a hitter.  But his only real option in the field is 1B, if he's in the field at all.  He's built for the DH spot, and in Chicago with the Cubs, he's behind Anthony Rizzo, who looks to be the first baseman for the next 10 years on the North Side.  I expected Vogelbach would be the balm for those wanting Schwarber...

They traded him for Montgomery? What are the Cubs going to do with Schwarber? He's built for the DH. 

Theo is one hell of a GM.

I'm just worried about what the Chapman trade might do to the market for starters. Sale's price is already reportedly sky high. Not that it shouldn't be, but when the asking price is a Julio Urias or Yoan Moncada plus 3 or 4 other good prospects things are getting out of hand.

8 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I'm just worried about what the Chapman trade might do to the market for starters. Sale's price is already reportedly sky high. Not that it shouldn't be, but when the asking price is a Julio Urias or Yoan Moncada plus 3 or 4 other good prospects things are getting out of hand.

It's sure to get even more ridiculous. The Pirates were rumored to be in the market for Chris Archer, but the Rays wanted at least Tyler Glasnow and Austin Meadows, ranked #6 and #10 on the top 100 midseason prospect list. The head shaking will continue I'd wager.

13 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I'm glad the Yankees aren't the team over paying at the deadline.

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

They traded him for Montgomery? What are the Cubs going to do with Schwarber? He's built for the DH. 

Theo is one hell of a GM.

Schwarber, while a hitter, still wants to catch and he'll play left too...he fits more of the Joe Maddon md.of being versatile. 

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

So much this. It is such a seller's market right now for pitching. I'm happy if the Giants stand pat rather than pay the going rate. They could use a reliever and maybe even a starter, but the cost for good ones is just too prohibitive at this point. 

Not sure how much non-Jays fans know about the Sanchez situation. I know you're probably tired of me mentioning how awesomely awesome he is, but in spite of being on a Cy a Young level pace, the Jays maintain that they're going to move him to the pen sinner than later, for the sake of his arm. I know there are 2 schools of thought on this line of thinking, and am interested in your opinions. Provided they each come with the requisite 'Sanchez is a beast' type acknowledgment. 

1 minute ago, Tyrion Lannister said:

Makes zero sense, considering they were like 7 or 8 games back when Kershaw went down. 

The Giants are like 2-11 since the All-Star break. Duffy/Panik/Pence all being out has hurt the offense a lot. Panik came back last night and Pence should be back later in the week. Hopefully the get back on track soon. And I hope they don't give up a bunch of prospects for rentals.

14 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Dodgers' pitching staff is gonna be real fresh going down the stretch, meanwhile Cueto and Smarddzjgjazia have 2-3 more starts tops before their arms fall off.

Cueto is a farking machine, I have no worries about him. Jeff  "I can't believe it's not butter" Smargarine has come off the rails however. I think it's more mental than physical, but something is up with that guy. I hope the Righetti/Gardner diumvirate can get him right and quick.

35 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The Giants are like 2-11 since the All-Star break. Duffy/Panik/Pence all being out has hurt the offense a lot. Panik came back last night and Pence should be back later in the week. Hopefully the get back on track soon. And I hope they don't give up a bunch of prospects for rentals.

Oh, I know.  It's more just the idea that the Dodgers would play good baseball with Kershaw on the DL for a month, considering he was basically propping them up by himself this season until he got hurt..

Archived