MLB 2016: Chia Pet Un-Safe Zone

Ramsay B.

1 hour ago, Ramsay Blow said:

So at the start of the day the Braves haven't homered in 11 straight games and have 3 total on the season. 37 players have more dingers than that. Tough times indeed, FA. 

Gardner walk-off was nice today.

I hope the last two days is the start of something for them. 

15 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

So at the start of the day the Braves haven't homered in 11 straight games and have 3 total on the season. 37 players have more dingers than that. Tough times indeed, FA. 

And they still managed to sweep the Marlins last week. :lol:

But yeah, that team is genuinely putrid right now. Some are comparing the state of the organization to the Royals 5-6 years ago in terms of a shitty MLB roster but loads of talent coming up through the system. That's all we can hang our hats on I suppose.

Twins-Nationals game is nuts. Harper ties it in the 9th on a pinch-hit homer. Then Nationals just tied it in the bottom of the 15th when Oliver Perez(yes, that Oliver Perez) puts down a bunt with 2 outs and a dude on second, and the catcher throws it way over Mauer's head at 1st. The funny thing is is that Twins had a lefty in with Perez, a fucking lefty pitcher, coming to bat and they switched to a righty reliever? I have never seen anything like that.

Dodger game is pretty crazy too. Rockies score 5 in the bottom of the eighth to take a 3 run lead (this after being down 7-1 at one point), but the Dodgers came right back to score 5 in the top of the ninth.

Pirates/D'backs game was crazy as well today, all 5 1/2 hours of it. Two starting pitchers in Niese and Greinke with pinch hits, and another pitcher for Arizona as a pinch runner who had to play left field in the next inning. Luckily for me, the Buccos won.

Wild day of baseball.

Chris Sale can have my babies. 

The Sox are winning in spite of poor production from their core hitters. Let's hope they can keep capitalizing on stellar pitching. I'd take more pleasure out of last night's 10-1 spanking of Dickey, but for whatever reason the Sox have always seemed to knock around knuckleballers. 

10 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

The streak is over, Braves just hit a home run!! Well done, Freddie.

15 games!!! And incredibly, it was even worse than that:

Prior to Freddie Freeman's homer in the 7th, #Braves had hit just 1 HR in team's prior 774 PA dating back to the 4th inning of Opening Day.

As if this year couldn't get more embarrassing, Girardi recently said that shifts would be illegal if he was the commish. In part, I'm sure, because Yanks have far and away been the team most shifted against in recent years. Let's blame everyone else for our hitters inability or stubborness to not go the other way. Come on, man.

Wow, Dee Gordon just got hit with a 80 game suspension after testing positive for 2 PED's (testosterone and clostebol). That really sucks for him, but I doubt the Marlins really care, not like they are out to actually win, so long as they still make money. I guess that's what happens when you hire Barry Bonds as your hitting coach.

9 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

Wow, Dee Gordon just got hit with a 80 game suspension after testing positive for 2 PED's (testosterone and clostebol). That really sucks for him, but I doubt the Marlins really care, not like they are out to actually win, so long as they still make money. I guess that's what happens when you hire Barry Bonds as your hitting coach.

I want to be shocked but I don't know if I can be anymore. 

49 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I'm not, outside of the fact that he's on my Fantasy team. The guy went from like what, a .250 hitter to winning the Batting Title last year? 

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to hear his name tied to this just because he isn't what is perceived to be the prototypical PED user, but I guess nothing should really be a surprise anymore.  I can't even say I blame him either; with the system being what it is, what does he lose?  His $50 million contract is still guaranteed, minus whatever he loses during the suspension.

I just wish the douche hadn't waited until immediately after helping the Marlins complete a four game sweep of the Dodgers to drop his appeal.

Archived