The most dramatic death in the series (Readers only)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd vote for Prince Daemon (The Prince of the City) Targaryen for jumping off of his dragon onto another dragon (Vhaegar, at that) to plung Dark Sister into his one-eyed cousin's remaining eye, pretty dramatic I think. If he doesn't count (his body was never found). then I'd nominate Aemond for being stabbed in the eye on a dragon.

2 hours ago, Cagey Bee said:

I'd vote for Prince Daemon (The Prince of the City) Targaryen for jumping off of his dragon onto another dragon (Vhaegar, at that) to plung Dark Sister into his one-eyed cousin's remaining eye, pretty dramatic I think. If he doesn't count (his body was never found). then I'd nominate Aemond for being stabbed in the eye on a dragon.

Thanks. I also believe that the clash over the gods' eye is the most awesome death out there.

Next I would say that Brynden Rivers killing Daemon Blackfyre is dramatic as well; after all he was his half brother and still he feathered him and his sons with no mercy.

6 hours ago, Cagey Bee said:

Certainly my vote for most badass.

• 2 weeks later...

To me, as banal as it might sound, it's Ned Stark's because it's not one scene, you follow his honorable man (even if blinded by his own idea of honor) step by step while he goes straight to his own demise, so in the end, when he dies, you're like already invested so much in him. You read his chapters and you feel like 'no Ned, wrong move' and you hope he moves his pieces better the next time and then he makes another mistake and then another and when he finally refuses Renly's offer you know he's gonna lose. When he finally decides to confess so save his family, putting something else before his honor, it's too late, he has already lost. His daughter watching him die was the final 'touch'.

I also think this death is so important in the narrative and it's also the first real 'shock', like 'ok this series is gonna be different, if this honorable man dies like that in the first book…', so yeah I'd go for him.

I also think Twyin's death was very poignant because it was the result of the Tysha affair and of years of mistreatment and generally because of the whole Tyrion-Twyin dynamic, but I might be influenced by the fact that Tyrion is my fave character. 

On 03/05/2016 at 2:02 AM, Merengues said:

Thanks. I also believe that the clash over the gods' eye is the most awesome death out there.

Next I would say that Brynden Rivers killing Daemon Blackfyre is dramatic as well; after all he was his half brother and still he feathered him and his sons with no mercy.

As far as drama I'd give it to Daemon and his twin sons being cut down by their half brother/uncle. Like it would be great to see on the screen. Daeron 'The Young Dragon' Targaryen being cut down b the Dornish under a peace banner is pretty awesome as well. 

Why is this topic in the World of Ice and Fire sub-forum? I've seen a few topics of this kind around this sub-forum and I don't really understand why are they kept here, tbh

Archived