[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

5 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

We're going books here, but Catelyn used the words she had heard NED (not her southron father).  So the point is that Sansa, who is specifically supposed to be skilled with courtesies/formalities, can't remember it.  Because she is dumb-as-a-sack-of-rocks in the show.

I don't think it's related to knighthood but to fealty, pledging your sword to someone. The North has swords, after all. Remember, the Crannogkids had their own oath. 

The Dorne stuff was awful. I felt bad for Doran but I felt worse that his great actor was wasted in such a doomed and underwhelming role. Ellaria is pretty good though, the furthest thing in the world from her book self, but I actually don't mind her going full villainess. I don't like how passively the Dornish royal guard took the murder of the sovereign, and how a dead prince's paramour and her bastard children are supposed to run a kingdom is beyond me, but whatever. And the fuck was up with Trystane? Wasn't he accompanying Jaime and Myrcella? Wasn't he at KL with Jaime and his betrothed's corpse? The Lannisters let him go? Eh?

Dorne was just as bad as it could have been.  I still can't comprehend why now the only people left alive are the sand snakes, none of whom can act their way onto a high school stage, and whose costumes are still laughably cheesy.  The one boat/two boats/more boats, how did they get on the boat from the shore....so lazy, even for Dan and Dave, that was lazy.

Sansa who can't remember the loyalty oath words, she is so stupid now, by the end of mini season 8 she will be drooling and non verbal.

I guess the Dothraki got stupid too, never heard of the blonde woman running Meereen who used to be married to Khal Drogo, who flew off on a dragon, and now they find a very, very blonde woman....at least they got the leaves of lothlorien out of the way quickly.

But, other than that, I thought the rest of the episode was not as bad as I expected.  The direction itself was generally better than last year.

So this thread already has 21 pages? Well, I'm not one bit surprised.

So, what gets a crown?

Is this the Bad Pussy killing Areo Hotah, who is three times her size, and just stands there like a sedated cow, his back turned to her, when she finishes him with one simple stab of a dagger? Geez, the crippled Doran gave more of a fight. Or the mere fact that they are AVENGING OBERYN BY KILLING HIS FAMILY? At least Doran and Trystane are now out of that bad fanfic and nothing can hurt them anymore.

Or maybe Ramsay's eulogy to Myranda? Gee, he is such a closet romantic. I especially appreciated the corpse recycling bit.

Not just as good, but I loved how Tyrion thought he would just blend into the crowd despite being, well, a dwarf (and the information  that the Queen had one of those in her entourage had to circle the city already).

The Dothraki bit was enjoyable in a silly way and part of it even seemed intentional. Nonetheless, I still laughed the hardest at Moro's strong Bro Code (you just don't sleep with your buddy's ex, man!) and Daenerys minute-long introduction.

To sum it up - I'm cured from the hype. 

just got the script for the Tower of Joy and I have dialogue here, by D&D:

Ned: hey you!
Kingsguards: what
Ned: gimme my sister
Kingsguards: no i wont! fuck you!
Ned: what? no! fuck YOU man!
Kingsguard: enough of that, come and fight me!
Ned: pussy tits piss fuck cunt
Kingsguard: did you know varys has no cock?

FIGHT

Kingsguard: did you know we live in a country?

FIGHT

FIGHT

Kingsguard: varys has no cock and this is funny! and no balls too!

FIGHT

Watched and caught up.

Not much point in ranting about Dorne. Its awfulness speaks for itself.

As has already been mentioned, it makes a complete mockery of Brienne making her choice between Sansa and Stannis last season to have her find and help Sansa as well. I guess creatively it made sense for her to do both because they wanted her to do both. At least Brienne is finally killing people who aren't doing something useful haha!

The number of plot holes, contrivances and continuity issues are rising even faster than last year.

The joke about the fate of Jon's loyalists resting with Edd would have been funny if Edd were self-deprecatingly delivering it about himself. Edd being how he is in the show, it didn't really work.

Carol and Larry are Carol and Larry. They are tedious. Although, Lena is excellent whether she plays Carol or Cersei. Just a shame she isn't playing Cersei.

13 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Even so, it was a major shock when out of nowhere one of the Sand Snakes pulled a knife on their uncle, the ruling king of Dorne, Doran.

GoT going for shock value over something that makes any sense.... color me surprised. 

Archived