[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

HexMachina

16 hours ago, MrsStocksey said:

Surviving the jump is a good question but I didn't need to see a scene of it either, I got that she was visibly weak anyway from running and her weeks of torture, maybe a broken leg/back would have been more realistic but then there's no way she would have got away.  

Cersei's face while waiting for Myrcella and then realizing her daughter was dead.

Davos' scenes... I'm a big fan from him in the books and also in the show. Man, I just feel like giving him a big warm hug and saying "keep it up, dude!". His a simple, humble, honest, loyal and realist man, playing the best he can with the cards life gives him. You go, Davos!

Melisandre.

Edd. Another one I always feel like hugging and taking to a bar to have a couple beers. I did miss Grenn and Pip tho until I realized they were killed off in the show :(

I like the way Sansa mirroed Cat, but I felt bad she forgot the vows and even turned to Theon to know if she should do it. Where is the strong woman we saw last season, standing still while Miranda took a shot at her??

I did like Margaery as well.

I actually liked the events in Dorne in episode 1.  Last season the Ellaria and the Sand Snakes looked like incompetent jokes.  Now they are clearly a real threat and dangerous, as they should be.  They essentially staged a coup in Dorne, and now will work against the Lannisters and King's Landing.  Could be good.

I loved how the episode started, the wide shot from new angle on Castle Black as sun starting to comeup. The whole episode just had this spectacular cinematography from where Cersei was running to the harbor, to ship coming in, to Dothraki see and Northern snowy forests. Just extremely beautiful, whatever issues with the story line and others who nitpick on the series, they can't deny that filmmakers just completely perfected cinematography, music, settings and mood of the series. 

I loved everything to do with Ghost, from his mournful howling, to nuzzling Jon's hand to growling at Thorne and Co.

Scenes with Theon, Sansa and Brianne were really good and what I needed after doleful last season.

Last scene with Mel, I did NOT expect her to do this, I expected big magic thing, not just completely breaking down and revealing herself. I liked it.

I am also pretty sure that after all year of talk about blood pool shapes meaning something, this is where D&D had some fun and just randomly did something so everyone would speculate some more and in the end it will mean completely nothing.

6 hours ago, Anna Marzo said:

I like the way Sansa mirroed Cat, but I felt bad she forgot the vows and even turned to Theon to know if she should do it. Where is the strong woman we saw last season, standing still while Miranda took a shot at her??

You mean that strong woman who was willing to commit suicide by Miranda? That strong woman who said " ... if I'm going to die let it happen while there is still some of me left"? That strong woman who has basically given up?

I absolutely loved the opening shot of the wall and the mournful howls of Ghost.. gave me chills!

Also agree with most people on this thread about the Sansa & Brienne scene, I basically cheered when Brienne saved the day and as they were making the oaths I was so so happy that something good has happened to Sansa at last! Thought it was sweet how Pod reminded Sansa of the words, it reminded you that she's still a vulnerable young girl. I also like the Theon / Sansa friendship.

The Melisandre revelation was awesome. The use of the mirror was very well done, and the symbolism of an old lady finally lying down in bed to sleep was powerful.

I thought it was a great start to the season :)

Davos was by far the best thing in the whole episode. Always knew I could trust my Onion Knight. In addition to that, the Wall storyline was what saved this episode. I also really liked how they did the final scene with Mel.

I find little to praise in the other plotlines, but I want to mention some of the actors who again outdid themselves with their portrayals of the (show) characters. Lena Headey, Liam Cunningham and Gwen Christie are simply amazing. (Also Kit, what an outstanding job you did playing a dead Jon Snow! Super convincing - yet still not convincing enough to dump all my favourite theories...)

- Brienne kicking ass - yes, I know, it's ridiculous that she just happens to be there when Sansa needs help but oh my god that scene was great, especially with it being followed by Brienne swearing fealty to Sansa and Sansa accepting it. I loved that. And I'm SO relieved that Sansa didn't end up with Ramsay again.

- Theon hugging Sansa and killing a man on her behalf. Looks as if he's getting his redemption arc.

- Jon Snow is still dead. Hope it stays that way.

- NCW was in the episode *fangirlmode*

- The Dothraki discussing what is best in life - reminded me so much of Conan that I had to laugh even though Dany was threatened with rape and murder.

- Roose telling Ramsay that he'll basically get nothing if the child Walda carries is a boy. In your face, Ramsay!

Sansa's scene worked so well for so many reasons. It is the first big win for Sansa after 5 seasons of torture and humiliation. And the way the oath was delivered was so good; with the falling snow and the Stark theme on the background. Even Theon got a tiny bit of redemption for betraying Robb.

15 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

You must live on the equator or something.  There's a foot AT BEST.  

How in the world did you possibly come to that conclusion?  It shows some carts or structures below in the snow that are almost completely covered.....  And if you can see those things from that high up, then they're likely very large.  So, again, there was quite obviously a good bit of snow to cushion the fall.

3 hours ago, StarksNTargs said:

How in the world did you possibly come to that conclusion?  It shows some carts or structures below in the snow that are almost completely covered.....  And if you can see those things from that high up, then they're likely very large.  So, again, there was quite obviously a good bit of snow to cushion the fall.

WATCH the Last episode of S5 or S6E1 again. There is very very light snow (1-5 centimeters). Unless there is the most convenient snowbank at the walls of Winterfell there is not nearly enough snow to cushion the fall of a mouse.

Archived