"I saw him fighting at WF"

Ok so Mel said she saw Jon "fighting at WF"? So why did she let Stannis leave without Jon? Why did she not speak up when Davos suggesting retreating back to CB? Why did she have Shireen burned when a person she saw in her flames being at WF wasn't with them? In her opening statement everything she did in season 5 is now contradicted and makes no sense

I understood it as that she made the conclusion that it was Jon at the end of season 5, she had a moment of realization. She always saw SOMEONE and she thought it was Stannis until she realized she was wrong, she realized it was Jon and she rode back to castle black.

The reason for that scene is plain and simple. D&D want Mel to say something emotional, it doesn't matter if its not consistent with the rest of the show, they are long past caring about such petty details. They have bigger concerns on the show like, coming up with cringeworthy lines and meeting the episode shock quota. give em a break dude!

The only way this would make any sense would be that she switched, via glamour, Jon and Stannis. This way Jon would actually be at the Battle of Winterfell.

For Jon to be alive, he'd have to release the glamour somehow so that Brienne doesn't actually kill him.

But, since this is TV, I'm guessing they wiped their collective asses with anything resembling a plot and hoped people would be too stupid to figure anything out.

Truthfully, pay attention. That's exactly how TV thinks of us, brainwashed morons who eat the shit they put out with a spoon and a smile on our faces.

5 hours ago, Stag_legion said:

The reason for that scene is plain and simple. D&D want Mel to say something emotional, it doesn't matter if its not consistent with the rest of the show, they are long past caring about such petty details. They have bigger concerns on the show like, coming up with cringeworthy lines and meeting the episode shock quota. give em a break dude!

As does GRRM.  We've seen it happen a lot in the books too.  The characters aren't meant to be 2D.  That said I don't think Mel is being emotional out of attachment to Jon.  She's being emotional because her ego has been crushed and she is feeling weak.

In the book, I always interpreted it as Mel misinterprets key visions -- she says something along the lines of , "I beg for visions of our prince who was promised, Azor Ahai reborn, ... I beg for visions of King Stannis and all I get shown is Jon Snow..... I don't understand why I can't find out where Stannis is and what's going on when I beg for Azor Ahai visions and all I see is Jon Snow....."

Pretty much written down how she is being SHOWN Azor Ahai, aka Jon Snow, she is misinterpreting the signs to show King Stannis.  I assume in the actual ASOIAF storyline Stannis has a big role to play, perhaps helping Jon win the war, but Mel misinterprets.

In the show, I can't even begin to speculate because D&D have basically ruined everything.  They're spoiling it, they're spoiling everything!

I took it as she JUST saw him in the flames fighting at Winterfell. As if they interrupted her Flame Vision Session when they came to get her regarding Jon. 

She returned to Winterfell, then lit up the FlameVision9000™ to find out where the hell she went wrong regarding Stannis, and saw Jon fighting at Winterfell.... because he's going to. 

Well, Show Melisandre did tell Stan to burn his daughter alive AFTER throwing a Balon Greyjoy leech into the fire and not succeeding (the bastard actually outlived her own king). My take on it: Melisandre is stupid.

Could be because she saw it after leaving CB and it was too late to change plans.
Maybe she was doubting her own visions. It was not making much sense for her. Jon said the NW was not taking part, and she was not seeing how to convince him.

In any way, Melisandre voicing this vision now, means it will happen. It is D&D way to announce, in the 1st episode, that Jon's will return, and will be on the good side of the battle.

22 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Could be because she saw it after leaving CB and it was too late to change plans.
Maybe she was doubting her own visions. It was not making much sense for her. Jon said the NW was not taking part, and she was not seeing how to convince him.

In any way, Melisandre voicing this vision now, means it will happen. It is D&D way to announce, in the 1st episode, that Jon's will return, and will be on the good side of the battle.

Not true that's the point in episode 7 Davos suggests to Stannis in front of Mel retreating back to CB and she doesn't speak up

19 minutes ago, DaSh!t said:

Mel said she saw Jon fighting at WF and we have leaked photos of him fighting in Stark colors in Belfast (if its really him) so maybe he comes back and her vision comes true??

http://celebfresh.co.uk/news/exclusive-spoiler-alert-kit-harington-spotted-filming-got-in-belfast

I know that I mean when she saw this is the problem

On April 24, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Stag_legion said:

BECAUSE SNOWBALL HYPE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO /S

2 hours ago, Tianzi said:

Well, Show Melisandre did tell Stan to burn his daughter alive AFTER throwing a Balon Greyjoy leech into the fire and not succeeding (the bastard actually outlived her own king). My take on it: Melisandre is stupid.

100% This shes absolutely useless on the show and gains and loses powers when relevant. 

3 hours ago, Darksky said:

It'd be better if people paid more attention to what's happening or thought twice about something before going off on a rant about it. Might save us some unnecessary nits.

Yup thats how we picked up teleporting meme sneks, Shcrodinger's Trystane, Davos the retconned knight & Plothole Mel because, apparantly  D&D and the script readers missed it all. 

Archived