"I saw him fighting at WF"

Where was Mel during the mutiny?

Was she hiding in her room? You'd assume she would be re-reading her flames, because even though she read them incorrectly regarding Stannis, she did, in fact, see something. It is only her interpretation that is wrong.

If tv Mel realized she was wrong about Stannis while out on the battlefields and rides back to Castle Black, then why didn't she say anything to Davos or Jon in her final scene in S5?

On 4/25/2016 at 10:27 PM, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Ok so Mel said she saw Jon "fighting at WF"? So why did she let Stannis leave without Jon? Why did she not speak up when Davos suggesting retreating back to CB? Why did she have Shireen burned when a person she saw in her flames being at WF wasn't with them? In her opening statement everything she did in season 5 is now contradicted and makes no sense

GoT showrunners have made it known time and again that they don't do "themes". However, the theme of S6 so far is to confuse viewers by doing the really important storytelling off screen, and just keeping the shock pics on screen.

Seriously, how many threads and viewers are asking questions about timelines here??? One for Dorne, Sansa and Theon running, Jon dead at CB, Kings Landing and the Trystane incident and Dany and a M.I.A. Drogon that is now 120ft across and can out pace a slow khalisar is no where to be found while his mother is whipped in chains.

5 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Was she hiding in her room? You'd assume she would be re-reading her flames, because even though she read them incorrectly regarding Stannis, she did, in fact, see something. It is only her interpretation that is wrong.

If tv Mel realized she was wrong about Stannis while out on the battlefields and rides back to Castle Black, then why didn't she say anything to Davos or Jon in her final scene in S5?

Just my guess, but Mel sees another at WF wearing the glamor of Jon Snow, and in this way, she has misread her visions.

Now, the real Jon Snow will be at WF in the crypts - and his dramatic resurrection will be the big deal of the battle of the bastards.  I think that glamored Jon will be killed again by Ramsay - Har!  After which Bran will enact the magic of WF and his greensight to raise his bastard brother from death.

On 25 April 2016 at 6:41 PM, Edward Riley said:

The only way this would make any sense would be that she switched, via glamour, Jon and Stannis. This way Jon would actually be at the Battle of Winterfell.

For Jon to be alive, he'd have to release the glamour somehow so that Brienne doesn't actually kill him.

But, since this is TV, I'm guessing they wiped their collective asses with anything resembling a plot and hoped people would be too stupid to figure anything out.

Truthfully, pay attention. That's exactly how TV thinks of us, brainwashed morons who eat the shit they put out with a spoon and a smile on our faces.

Exactly. like!!!

10 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Just because, aahhhmmm because !!!!, jeez fattest leech its Weisserhoff and people do shit when it makes sense creatively because they want it to, WTF is wrong with you?:P

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

GoT showrunners have made it known time and again that they don't do "themes". However, the theme of S6 so far is to confuse viewers by doing the really important storytelling off screen, and just keeping the shock pics on screen.

Seriously, how many threads and viewers are asking questions about timelines here??? One for Dorne, Sansa and Theon running, Jon dead at CB, Kings Landing and the Trystane incident and Dany and a M.I.A. Drogon that is now 120ft across and can out pace a slow khalisar is no where to be found while his mother is whipped in chains.

I just want it known that the glamorization of Jon Snow is one that I predicted in several essays dated 2012!  How quickly these things are forgotten!

I am proud that I predicted Arya with the mummers and now JS glamored!  Har!

I also predicted that Tormund will give a rousing speech on a par with Antony's in Julius Caesar!  

6 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

I just want it known that the glamorization of Jon Snow is one that I predicted in several essays dated 2012!  How quickly these things are forgotten!

I am proud that I predicted Arya with the mummers and now JS glamored!  Har!

I also predicted that Tormund will give a rousing speech on a par with Antony's in Julius Caesar!  

I will be very, very surprised if the show uses glamouring again. They don't like magic and prophecy, etc enough as it is. It was shocking to reveal Mel as an old lady. They can't use that again because of the same reasons they have not shown LSH to date.

Where are the wildlings on the show? I can't imagine that they have all already left Castle Black and settled on the Gift. There hasn't been enough any time for that. Where were they during the mutiny?

7 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Just because, aahhhmmm because !!!!, jeez fattest leech its Weisserhoff and people do shit when it makes sense creatively because they want it to, WTF is wrong with you?:P

Suuriously! I should just go back to training my brain for tv :bang::bang::bang:

22 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Drogon is a High Priest of Rh'Ollor and can see when his mother is in real danger by looking into the flames that he himself creates. Drogon knows it's an important part of Danerys arc to suffer at the hands of the Dothraki so that she appreciates him more when he chooses to save her (plus he's in the middle of a massive growth spurt that he does not want to fuck with). When Drogonasandre unites the Dothraki by destroying Vaes Dothrak with (Fire and blood) and brings the khalasars together he will then hand things back to Khaleesi to run things until she screws things up again and he sees in his flame that D$D need the dragon to save the incompetent woman again! It is known!

6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I will be very, very surprised if the show uses glamouring again. They don't like magic and prophecy, etc enough as it is. It was shocking to reveal Mel as an old lady. They can't use that again because of the same reasons they have not shown LSH to date.

Where are the wildlings on the show? I can't imagine that they have all already left Castle Black and settled on the Gift. There hasn't been enough any time for that. Where were they during the mutiny?

Well, Edd went to fetch them - he has only been gone a few hours!  Besides, they are all probably drunk, and Edd has to sober them up before they return to CB.

I'll bet you Jon will be glamored - and killed again!  Either Edd will wear Jon's guise, or another random wildling.  I see those D&D guys playing the glamor for all it's worth - and the audience will not know until Jon dies again and his face falls off to reveal Edd or someone else!

10 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Do you want to read the speech I wrote for Tormund?  Thorne already gave a version of Brutus' lame oration, the one with "reasons" for killing Caesar / Snow.

1 minute ago, evita mgfs said:

Well, Edd went to fetch them - he has only been gone a few hours!  Besides, they are all probably drunk, and Edd has to sober them up before they return to CB.

I'll bet you Jon will be glamored - and killed again!  Either Edd will wear Jon's guise, or another random wildling.  I see those D&D guys playing the glamor for all it's worth - and the audience will not know until Jon dies again and his face falls off to reveal Edd or someone else!

The first part is what is throwing me off. From when the wildlings came through the wall after Hardhome, how much time has passed?

There shouldn't have been enough time for all of them to organize and scamper out into the Gift. It seems a flimsy "oh shyte, we forgot about those other dudes," type of plot. And poor Edd. He has to run and do the dirty work again :lol:

I kinda know where you live. If the show uses glamoring again on anyone else, I will drive up and buy you a box of wine to celebrate. :cheers:

8 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Drogon is a High Priest of Rh'Ollor and can see when his mother is in real danger by looking into the flames that he himself creates. Drogon knows it's an important part of Danerys arc to suffer at the hands of the Dothraki so that she appreciates him more when he chooses to save her (plus he's in the middle of a massive growth spurt that he does not want to fuck with). When Drogonasandre unites the Dothraki by destroying Vaes Dothrak with (Fire and blood) and brings the khalasars together he will then hand things back to Khaleesi to run things until she screws things up again and he sees in his flame that D$D need the dragon to save the incompetent woman again! It is known!

Drogonasandre  

The best reasoning so far :lmao:

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

The first part is what is throwing me off. From when the wildlings came through the wall after Hardhome, how much time has passed?

There shouldn't have been enough time for all of them to organize and scamper out into the Gift. It seems a flimsy "oh shyte, we forgot about those other dudes," type of plot. And poor Edd. He has to run and do the dirty work again :lol:

I kinda know where you live. If the show uses glamoring again on anyone else, I will drive up and buy you a box of wine to celebrate. :cheers:

Oh, I know!  I am pulling your leg.  You are being serious about the plot points, and I am being silly.

I could bash so much about how the show was handled, but I am trying to keep the books from influencing me.  Of course, those wildlings should have been nearby and not already settled on the Gift.

22 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I think they will use glamoring. That's why they introduced it at the last minute.

Just now, Le Cygne said:

I think they will use glamoring. That's why they introduced it at the last minute.

I agree!  Hey, do you want to read the speech I wrote for Tormund based on Antony's rousing oration?  I predict he will give a much shorter version of my tedious oration that follows Shakespeare's line for line.

Archived