"I saw him fighting at WF"

43 minutes ago, The Onion Kniggit said:

Neither is Dany immune according to GRRM. Then again she might actually be on the show.

That's sort of what I gathered from book readers.  Beside, dead Jon and alive Jon.....two different things.

On 25.4.2016 at 4:07 PM, Ser Gareth said:

As does GRRM.  We've seen it happen a lot in the books too.  The characters aren't meant to be 2D.  That said I don't think Mel is being emotional out of attachment to Jon.  She's being emotional because her ego has been crushed and she is feeling weak.

No. 

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, dRagonese said:

I took this as a wink to all us fans who dissected every frame of trailers and literally saw Jon in the battle of winterfell in one of them. And it was just another weak attempt by D an D to pretend Jon is staying Dead.

Unfortunately D&D are now encountering the problem GRRM has.  The show is so popular that every possible scenario is discussed to death on forums, reddit etc.  So keeping any kind of secret like that is practically impossible, especially as the show is following the books and in the books GRRM's foreshadowing of Jon's outcome is clumsy at best and downright obvious at worst.  But nor could they come out with an honest line of "No, he isn't dead".  Bringing him back so early in the series was a great move and settles the ridiculous discussion early.  GRRM will probably have him in Ghost for the next 1, 2, 3 etc. books and drag out the storyline.....

23 hours ago, John Doe said:

No. 

Wait and see.  But I still say yes.  For sure it will take longer in the books but Stannis is likely to be defeated and Mel will be crushed.  I doubt D&D came up with the Mel having self doubts plot on their own.  It's going to happen in the books.  What the show have done is condense it to 3 episodes where GRRM is likely to draw out the self pitying for a long time before she finally has the Eureka moment.

On 4/25/2016 at 11:36 AM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

We have no idea WHEN she saw that, or in what context, nor does it contradict her other predictions. 

Well since you said so.. Way to actually explain how it doesn't contradict what the post says it does, who are you where we just take your word and you need not provide any amount of actual explanation for your counter position

9 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Wait and see.  But I still say yes.  For sure it will take longer in the books but Stannis is likely to be defeated and Mel will be crushed.  I doubt D&D came up with the Mel having self doubts plot on their own.  It's going to happen in the books.  What the show have done is condense it to 3 episodes where GRRM is likely to draw out the self pitying for a long time before she finally has the Eureka moment.

I used to believe it, but I don't anymore. It makes much more sense for Stannis to win. In addition, Daenerys, aka the Slayer of Lies, will probably be the one to debunk that Stannis is Azor Ahai, as it was forseen in the House of the Undying.

2 hours ago, farerb said:

I used to believe it, but I don't anymore. It makes much more sense for Stannis to win. In addition, Daenerys, aka the Slayer of Lies, will probably be the one to debunk that Stannis is Azor Ahai, as it was forseen in the House of the Undying.

This.

Archived