Orphan Black 3: So, sometimes stuff just works out[SPOILERS]

RedEyedGhost

I, for one, am glad that they're ending it after next season.  Not because I want the show to end (not at all), but because I feel that way too many shows stick around way too long.  I've really enjoyed the first two episodes of this season, and I think that's because they know they have a limited clock and they know what they need to do to tell the story within that timeframe.

Kira asking about her dad was funny, and I immediately thought, "Sorry, honey, but he won't be around because he's got a bigger part on a higher paying show.  Maybe he'll pop in when he has a break in his filming schedule."

Haha. Actually, there shouldn't be a problem with that. OB films September-January, I believe, and GoT films July-December. There's some overlap but they'd probably be able to work something out or at least bring him back towards the end of the season.

Oh yeah, shit, it's already season 4 ! 

And I was like, "yeah, I know, season 5, but that's two years to go still, why the heck does Werthead says just one ?" until realizing, that yeah, it's already season 4...

Damn, actually, from my perspective on the show (but I'm not in the writer"s room so who know what they have in store), I'd say the show would need actually six seasons to wrap it all up... but then again, it's only the beginning of this season so let's see what happens there ! 

Great new episode. Helena and the Hendrix are gold. though I do worry Helena could break their marriage. Donnie and Helena definitely have a chemistry. She always compliments Donnie, calling him good strong Man. And ever since he learned about the babies he looks at her differently. She will have bio-babies. And apparently she learned Alison. Just to help fool policemen or does she want to take over? 

Hopefully now Cosima can learn what these maggots are and help Sara deal with them. Do I understand the plot correctly? The Neolutionists (or at least beard and eyeglasses) decided they needed to restrain her, so when Dr Neelan did her next checkup they accidentally placed the mind-controlling maggot in Sara's cheek instead of hers. Was that why Beth killed herself? She knew what they were planning and killed herself to avoid that fate?

Rachel no doubt despises her mother and I can't blame her. Mommy dear is still treating her like a study with her monitoring spy-eyes. But I don't think she wants to contact Sara's group because of that. This is simple utilitarianism. Mother's group failed to find the cure for her condition (as evidenced by that girl-clone) despite all their resources and knowledge. They couldn't capture 'the original'. Cosima on the other hand is in the process of developing boy Duncan's treatment. I seem to recall Dr Duncan saying in season 2/3 that he located a base genome (Sara's grandma) and his wife developed the new bits that made the clones special. So his wife has the knowledge to cure the clones if she wanted to, surely? Is she repeating season 2 Rachel's strategies and using the defects to goad and control her daughter/experiment? She (or Neelan in her name) already gave her an artificial eye instead of using the blond clone as the perfect organ donor. The artificial eye is neat and all but it's freaky and seems to need time to refocus (when she starts using it to look at her room)

I have no idea what this controlled evolution is supposed to achieve. Does anyone have any ideas?

7 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

"So, sometimes stuff just works out"

:lmao: 

I really didn't like season 1 Donnie, but since then he's been one of my favorites.

That was my favourite bit too. 

Don't know what the controlled evolution thing means. I'm just glad so far, this season is miles ahead of Season 3 in terms of quality.

8 hours ago, shadowbinding shoe said:

I have no idea what this controlled evolution is supposed to achieve. Does anyone have any ideas?

Anything.  Everything.  Longer life, increased physical prowess, Olivier's tail, other Neolution body mode.  Photosynthetic skin would be pretty awesome.

15 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

"So, sometimes stuff just works out"

:lmao: 

I really didn't like season 1 Donnie, but since then he's been one of my favorites.

Donnie Alison and Helena just shine in every scene they do.

I really loved this episode, great blend of humour, drama, emotion and creepiness. Nice to see Rachel back, and I enjoyed the CASTOR clone she is with (Ari?)

Couple of thoughts;

Sarah was a bit of a dick to Felix. He's finally doing something for himself and she can't be happy for him, or bring herself to care. 

Kira's dream thing was really weird. Don't know what to make of that. 

Season is very strong so far, looking hopeful for being a consistent quality now they are focusing in on Neolution 

You know who'd be really useful right now?  Someone with a PhD in immunology and specializing in host / parasite relationships.  Delphine!

I binged season one last night.  It really holds up.  And Delphine's importance to the current storyline was written in from the beginning.

Oh Delphine. I do really want her back.

So, Ferdinand isn't working forvNeolution is he? I seem to recall something along the lines of "I HATE neolutionists" last season from him. Or have I confused him with someone else? Was he at the dentist at the end because S sent him, rather than responding to the woman's call to her bosses?

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Sarah was a bit of a dick to Felix. He's finally doing something for himself and she can't be happy for him, or bring herself to care. 

Yeah, I found it hard to watch because it's one of those times when you can see why people are acting poorly in the way that they are, but they're still being dicks to the people they love and it's not OK.  Which makes it good writing, Felix being where he needs that also fits perfectly after everything that has gone on.

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh Delphine. I do really want her back.

So, Ferdinand isn't working forvNeolution is he? I seem to recall something along the lines of "I HATE neolutionists" last season from him. Or have I confused him with someone else? Was he at the dentist at the end because S sent him, rather than responding to the woman's call to her bosses?

Cos broke my heart last week when she broke down about Delphine.  I really hope there is at least some happiness to be found there, and I find the 'her importance to the story was written in from the start' angle pretty compelling, so I have hope.  On Ferdinand, yeah he's the one that hates Neolution, he killed his...bodyguard? Partner? In the finale when he found out they were neolution.  I think he showed up because of S, but I'm not so sure I'd phrase it as 'she sent him' as he was there and getting involved regardless.

Delphine would be great to have now. It's not healthy being a side character in this show. They keep dying off messily.

I hope Fee's new sister is here to stay and doesn't turn out to be another spy. The dynamics between Sarah, Felix and her look like fun. I now imagine Felix' bio-mom as a grungy artist type.

2 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The "confession scene" is one of the greatest things they've ever done. Helena keeping it together during the police interrogation was right there behind it as well.

Agree, it was a great scene. I thought this was one of the strongest episodes overall actually. I love Alison and Donnie :D 

eta: :rofl: at the new thread title. I approve :thumbsup: 

Anyone have any thoughts on Kira's dream? I though it would have raised a few points of discussion at least

Oh yeah, that was creepy and weird. Could be interesting but I'm worried about them turning her into a new Waaaaaalt! Just giving Kira her own couple of episode arc where her mum keeps running out on her to investigate some crazy weird shit and she gets annoyed is enough. Turning Kira into the next Slayer/Chosen One/Mitichondrial Hera is really, really something they don't need to do.

Archived