Orphan Black 3: So, sometimes stuff just works out[SPOILERS]

RedEyedGhost

Kira's always been a bit too special for my tastes.  She can heal quickly, she can see things others can't, she can maybe heal others.  Now apparently she's also prophetic.  I'm not digging it and found it a low point in an otherwise really enjoyable episode.  In a way, they've built up to this as the show has always had these various groups moving towards achieving some sort of evolutionary human ideal or whatever so it's not like it comes out of nowhere with Kira apparently being everything they've been working towards.  But I still don't really like it.  The special powerful kid story never really works.  

Yeah, Kira's ramblings and dreams were not the best stuff from the episode... for now I'll let that slide but I hope they wont overplay that kind of stuff.

In other news, I really enjoyed seing Rachel again, and I look forward to see her relationship with Charlotte evolve. Really liked their complicity there ! And curious to see more of Ira... a Castor Clone who has grown out of the military environment of his brothers could be really interesting (and I've always liked Ari Millen's acting). Curious to see if we'll see Mark and Gracie again this season (likely I'd say).

Another great episode, especially Donnie and Allison. 'One thing led to another, and I very much did shoot Dr. Leekie...'
If the quality remains this high we're in for the best season yet.

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

Oh yeah, that was creepy and weird. Could be interesting but I'm worried about them turning her into a new Waaaaaalt! Just giving Kira her own couple of episode arc where her mum keeps running out on her to investigate some crazy weird shit and she gets annoyed is enough. Turning Kira into the next Slayer/Chosen One/Mitichondrial Hera is really, really something they don't need to do.

It seemed to me that the intention was more to create tension as to where the situation with Sarah was headed than to build Kira up as someone of importance  But combined with the stuff Dr. Pepper mentions it does sound like an awful lot of special abilities for one child.

2 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Kira's always been a bit too special for my tastes.  She can heal quickly, she can see things others can't, she can maybe heal others.  Now apparently she's also prophetic.  I'm not digging it and found it a low point in an otherwise really enjoyable episode.  In a way, they've built up to this as the show has always had these various groups moving towards achieving some sort of evolutionary human ideal or whatever so it's not like it comes out of nowhere with Kira apparently being everything they've been working towards.  But I still don't really like it.  The special powerful kid story never really works.  

Can someone refresh my memory? I'm drawing a complete blank on this, when did these things happen?

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Can someone refresh my memory? I'm drawing a complete blank on this, when did these things happen?

She got hit by a car, no injuries.  She hadn't seen her mom in 10 months but somehow knew right away that an exact replica copy wasn't her real mom.  She could see that Helena had good in her.  Actually, Kira somehow knew Helena was outside the door so she snuck down and looked out the window.  She touched Cosima when Cosima was nearly about to die and Cosima had some sort of miraculous recovery.  I forgot about previous potential prophetic powers, she 'had a feeling' before the cops showed up to arrest Sarah.  There are probably several more I'm forgetting about, but now writing out just these, I realize there have been even more "kira is special" scenes than I first recalled.  

Sure, some or even all of these could be chalked up to coincidences or just miraculous things (people can get run over and somehow have no injuries), but all together it's hard to write it off as just a coincidence.  

Yeah... fun episode... every time Allison is on screen its awesome... That "I'm lost" face that Helena makes is hysterical.... Having Art back in the main storyline is great, too....  Rachel is never boring.... and christ in a onesie Kira is a creepy kid....

On a side note, the after show isn't bad... and it definitely helps with an otherwise needlessly confusing plot... although there's only one Hardwick, its a shit ton more watchable than the GoT after show

15 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

She got hit by a car, no injuries.  She hadn't seen her mom in 10 months but somehow knew right away that an exact replica copy wasn't her real mom.  She could see that Helena had good in her.  Actually, Kira somehow knew Helena was outside the door so she snuck down and looked out the window.  She touched Cosima when Cosima was nearly about to die and Cosima had some sort of miraculous recovery.  I forgot about previous potential prophetic powers, she 'had a feeling' before the cops showed up to arrest Sarah.  There are probably several more I'm forgetting about, but now writing out just these, I realize there have been even more "kira is special" scenes than I first recalled.  

Sure, some or even all of these could be chalked up to coincidences or just miraculous things (people can get run over and somehow have no injuries), but all together it's hard to write it off as just a coincidence.  

Okay, that is a lot and I had forgotten pretty much all of it.

Kira 'specialness' could be just top-notch stem cells (super-fast healing, good organ donor, maybe immortal) and heightened intuition (can pick up subtle signs a lookalike isn't her mom, interpret distant car noises as cops arriving or subtle tremors/reflections in the ice as neolutionists on Iceland). Daydreaming about burning her mom :o might be just her fear of the changes that maggot started to do to her mom. I don't think the show will kill off their main character. The Healing touch on Cosima could be just coincidence or a hint she has conscious control over her autonomic functions including the activity of her stem cells.

Not a miracle, just gifted in some ways,

On 4/30/2016 at 5:30 PM, Dr. Pepper said:

Kwisazt Haderach also starts with K...

Kira's be precocious/prophetic pretty much from the start, along with the fast healing.

I was reading some of the extra bits behind the episode online today, and seemingly in the garage scene there is a patch of fresh concrete besides where Leekie is buried. Apparently they needed somewhere to dispose of Rudy so...

Alsion and Donnie :wub:

On 2016-05-03 at 7:05 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

I was reading some of the extra bits behind the episode online today, and seemingly in the garage scene there is a patch of fresh concrete besides where Leekie is buried. Apparently they needed somewhere to dispose of Rudy so...

Ha!  I wonder if that'll appear in one of the comics.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:05 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

That is awesome!

I'm getting really annoyed with Sarah, telling Allison to pull her weight when she provided Cosima with Leekey's head, gave intel on the neolution chick, provides for Helena and has a family to take care of is pretty selfish.  Especially after her treatment of Felix last week.  It's Sarah's own fault she put herself in the position to be inseminated with that thing to begin with.  Hope she comes around, because she's quickly becoming my least favorite clone.  I was fully expecting her to sell out M.K. to James Frain based on her protect herself and Kira before everyone else attitude.

Donnie masturbation scene was good though.  I wonder where Helena is off to?  Maybe go find Jesse Towing again.

Sarah has always been a moderately shitty person.  The first time we meet her, she's stealing the purse off someone who just committed suicide. And that's not even close to the worst thing she did in that first episode.  I do feel a strange sort of satisfaction that she's reaping lots of consequences now from what she did at the start of the story.  Though I'm wondering if it will work out that this robo-worm will end up being the tool that can be used to cure Cosima, Charlotte and the other sick clones.

Helena's fertilized egg burial was sad in such a sweet way.  I hope the sestras band together to find her.

9 hours ago, Igziabeher said:

I'm getting really annoyed with Sarah, telling Allison to pull her weight when she provided Cosima with Leekey's head, gave intel on the neolution chick, provides for Helena and has a family to take care of is pretty selfish.  Especially after her treatment of Felix last week.  It's Sarah's own fault she put herself in the position to be inseminated with that thing to begin with.  Hope she comes around, because she's quickly becoming my least favorite clone.  I was fully expecting her to sell out M.K. to James Frain based on her protect herself and Kira before everyone else attitude.

Donnie masturbation scene was good though.  I wonder where Helena is off to?  Maybe go find Jesse Towing again.

In addition to what Dr. Pepper said, I think Sarah's abrasive mess is intentional. She's mirroring Beth, who broke down the deeper she dug. Sarah is too, and in the process is driving people away. 

The fertility clinic was brilliant. Laughing so much at it :lol: 

Really sad to see Helena leave the Hendrix's. Burial scene was touching though.

I think MK has been a great addition so far. Don't imagine for a second we have seen the last of her.

Still very impressed with this season. Just seems to be getting everything right for me.

Archived