Orphan Black 3: So, sometimes stuff just works out[SPOILERS]

RedEyedGhost

2 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

"I'm in the healing arts too"

"You're a doctor?"

"No, I'm a beautician"

:lol: "I'm late for my own pregnancy."

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Krystal is just so wonderful.  It's such a shame she hasn't met the clone club yet.  I loved 'teeth for eyelids'.  The hilarious thing is that while it sounds completely batshit insane, in the world of clones, sterilizing semen, robots in cheeks, and tails, Krystal's research into the teeth for eyelids conspiracy isn't all that crazy.  

I'm glad they confirmed the Ira/Susan relationship because I was starting to wondering if I was reading too much into it.

I miss Delphine.  Also, I'm getting this weird vibe from Scott.  I don't know if I trust the results of his DNA test.  

I'm not sure Scott had the test results wrong or anything. I would quite like Adele to simply be Adele, and genuinely trying to connect with Felix.

However, having said that, I think it's a bit naive of Sarah to assume just because she is Felix's sister, she is not a plant. It would simply serve as even deeper cover if she was his sister and being used to spy on Sarah and the clown club. Plus, in a world where your adversary is modifying DNA, who knows what is possible. 

I am definitely still suspicious of Adele.  That scene with the baby was pretty rough.  I liked the episode so much that I watched After the Black too.  It was better than After the Thrones :lol: 

don't understand why Cosima is conflicted

I imagine most of the defects can be detected prior to birth and they can be snuffed out before it's a human being.

but that wouldn't have the same dramatic impact as when you can see it with your own eyes

I think Felix is just tired of everything being about Sarah and just wants to have his happy moment without having to cater to Sarah's, albeit justified, paranoia.  Sarah definitely uses him and the other clones to benefit her and Kira's best interests.

Also, was Delphine's meeting with Krystal in season 3? I honestly can't recall and never got around to rewatch ing all of season 3 in my rewatch.  Of not, then it definitely means she probably is still alive somewhere.  Doing what? I have no idea.  Then again if she did then it means nothing.  And where the hell is Mark/Gracie and Call too for that matter (too busy searching for Danerys)? 

8 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I'm wondering/hoping if the season ending all-clone scene will include Krystal and/or MK.... making 6

MK seems way too cautious to be seen with all 5 of the other clones, it could be Helsinki all over again.

2 minutes ago, Igziabeher said:

I think Felix is just tired of everything being about Sarah and just wants to have his happy moment without having to cater to Sarah's, albeit justified, paranoia.  Sarah definitely uses him and the other clones to benefit her and Kira's best interests.

Also, was Delphine's meeting with Krystal I'm season 3? I honestly can't recall and never got around to rewatch ing all of season 3 in my rewatch.  Of not, then it definitely means she probably is still alive somewhere.  Doing what? I have no idea.  Then again if she did then it means nothing.  And where the hell is Mark/Gracie and Call too for that matter (too busy searching for Danerys? 

Think you are definitely correct about Felix. And it's increasingly apparent that Sarah is beginning to grate on the others too. This show focuses quite a lot on family, and this season is exploring some of the conflict within this clone family. Not "manufactured drama" at all. Not to mention that Sarah wasn't willing to give Adele a chance even before there wa a possible connection to Brightborn.

And yes, Delphine saw Krystal at the salon, and then rescued her from Dyad after she was kidnapped iirc. And, having watched the trailer for next week, I think we should get answers one way or the other about Delphine.

14 hours ago, denstorebog said:

I get that a lot of these questions are supposed to be unanswered at this point. I guess my problem is that I can't really tell which ones. Susan said off-handedly in this episode that the clones were created as a baseline for unlocking the human genome. Nevermind that I don't understand what that means, but I also don't know if it signifies that the creation of the clones is now a 'solved' mystery and that I shouldn't focus on that question anymore.

The science doesn't make a lot of sense often in this series. Possibly the Duncans made a lot of breakthroughs working in synchrony, Susan creating neolutionist exotic additions (intelligence, super-strength, adaptability from what we've seen of the clones) while her husband found the perfect base genome and maybe was vital in inserting the additions into it and making sure (through a susceptibility to cancer) they had no offspring. After the husband ran destroyed all their research notes and ran away, his wife and the other neolutionists couldn't replicate the results because, other than Susan Duncan, they're all scientifically idiots and Susan has only half of what it takes to create successful clones.

The original research looks like pure genetic engineering while the new neo-projects are more cyborgy. Their science-team must have a core of engineers instead of biologists nowadays.

I'm not sure Scott had the test results wrong or anything. I would quite like Adele to simply be Adele, and genuinely trying to connect with Felix.

However, having said that, I think it's a bit naive of Sarah to assume just because she is Felix's sister, she is not a plant. It would simply serve as even deeper cover if she was his sister and being used to spy on Sarah and the clown club. Plus, in a world where your adversary is modifying DNA, who knows what is possible. 

When Sarah said Adele was genuine I was sure she was lying and just wanted to 'monitor the monitor' as Cosima said in season 1, but I guess Adele is genuine. It's possible she's real and an agent. That bespectacled cop could be pressuring her with drug charges to spying but I'd prefer if she was just what she claims she is.

don't understand why Cosima is conflicted

I imagine most of the defects can be detected prior to birth and they can be snuffed out before it's a human being.

but that wouldn't have the same dramatic impact as when you can see it with your own eyes

Maybe they wanted to observe how the fetus will develop. The more time (s)he has to develop the more data (s)he could provide them with. They obviously don't care about their subjects.

Isn't cleft jaw treatable with a minor surgery (unless I'm wrong and he's also missing a part of his brain)? If the expecting parents weren't guaranteed a perfectly healthy and good-looking baby, this child could reasonably expect a good life.

14 hours ago, Igziabeher said:

Also, was Delphine's meeting with Krystal in season 3? I honestly can't recall and never got around to rewatch ing all of season 3 in my rewatch.  Of not, then it definitely means she probably is still alive somewhere.  Doing what? I have no idea.  Then again if she did then it means nothing.  And where the hell is Mark/Gracie and Call too for that matter (too busy searching for Danerys)? 

I don't think Michiel Huisman filmed for this season of OB.

6 hours ago, shadowbinding shoe said:

The science doesn't make a lot of sense often in this series. Possibly the Duncans made a lot of breakthroughs working in synchrony, Susan creating neolutionist exotic additions (intelligence, super-strength, adaptability from what we've seen of the clones) while her husband found the perfect base genome and maybe was vital in inserting the additions into it and making sure (through a susceptibility to cancer) they had no offspring. After the husband ran destroyed all their research notes and ran away, his wife and the other neolutionists couldn't replicate the results because, other than Susan Duncan, they're all scientifically idiots and Susan has only half of what it takes to create successful clones.

The original research looks like pure genetic engineering while the new neo-projects are more cyborgy. Their science-team must have a core of engineers instead of biologists nowadays.

When Sarah said Adele was genuine I was sure she was lying and just wanted to 'monitor the monitor' as Cosima said in season 1, but I guess Adele is genuine. It's possible she's real and an agent. That bespectacled cop could be pressuring her with drug charges to spying but I'd prefer if she was just what she claims she is.

Maybe they wanted to observe how the fetus will develop. The more time (s)he has to develop the more data (s)he could provide them with. They obviously don't care about their subjects.

Isn't cleft jaw treatable with a minor surgery (unless I'm wrong and he's also missing a part of his brain)? If the expecting parents weren't guaranteed a perfectly healthy and good-looking baby, this child could reasonably expect a good life.

You are probably right about the foetus. It mirrors perfectly what Susan said about allowing Charlotte's illness to progress, as it allows them to collect great quantities of data.

OB is killing it this season. But that baby.. :blink:

On ‎13‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 9:04 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

At was such a good episode. Looks like everything is pulling together. Really glad they didn't make Adele a plant. +points for Alison calling Sarah a bitch.

I'm still not convinced she isn't. Notice that we never heard Scott say that Adele and Felix are related. I have a pet theory that he confirmed to Sarah that they aren't but that Sarah pretended the results were positive, so that she wouldn't give away to Adele that she knew the truth.

25 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

OB is killing it this season. But that baby.. :blink:

I'm still not convinced she isn't. Notice that we never heard Scott say that Adele and Felix are related. I have a pet theory that he confirmed to Sarah that they aren't but that Sarah pretended the results were positive, so that she wouldn't give away to Adele that she knew the truth.

I have no doubt that Adele is a Neo spy.

47 minutes ago, Igziabeher said:

Another random thing from last week's episode, when M.K. was going through the hierarchy of Topside on her computer Marian Bowles was crossed out?  Is she presumed dead?   I guess I should rewatch that scene.

Continuity error. 

7 hours ago, Igziabeher said:

Another random thing from last week's episode, when M.K. was going through the hierarchy of Topside on her computer Marian Bowles was crossed out?  Is she presumed dead?   I guess I should rewatch that scene.

Well since Susan now has Charlotte I think it's probably a safe assumption she is dead. 

Susan told Rachel that each of Charlotte's former caretakers has met an unfortunate end. They had to write her out because Michelle Forbes became unavailable. I suppose we could learn what happened later.

At this point, Topside is still basically a mystery. Are they even still in play or is Ferdinand merely on a personal quest to save Rachel? It looks like Dyad has been swept from the board, but all we ever knew of Topside was Ferdinand and Marion.

Archived