Orphan Black 3: So, sometimes stuff just works out[SPOILERS]

RedEyedGhost

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Martini Sigil said:

No Krystal, no peace.

It's like the finale of Buffy: the core personalities go up against the Final Big Bad, and it's they who make it work.  Or so I'm guessing.  I hope Fe makes it . . . .  Anya didn't though that annoying Dawn did . . . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to watch those, but then again I don't want to...  However, I have started a rewatch from the beginning.  Four episodes in, damn this first season was amazing (and this is the fifth time I've watched it!).

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I want to watch those, but then again I don't want to...  However, I have started a rewatch from the beginning.  Four episodes in, damn this first season was amazing (and this is the fifth time I've watched it!).

Safe to watch the second one and the last two of those at least.  No spoilers, just fun.

12 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Final trip begins Saturday!

MK and Sarah:

Looks like a flashback to Helena's first kill:

Funny Or Die: OB cast meet their clones:

It's French:

I've been watching these too. So good. I think another was released today, I noticed it as I was scrolling FB. Very impressed with some of that camera work though, I'm always amazed that it's all Maslany (thinking specifically the single shot in the third clip)

8 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

This show really holds up well on rewatch for me; like you I've rewatched seasons 1 and 2 several times and still love them. And some stuff (not all, looking at you Castor) seems to make more sense in light of stuff from season 4. But whatever, I'll no doubt be rewatching this show long after it's over. Cophine!

It's a shame that, for their last season, they are going to miss out on the Emmys again (eligibility period ended in May I think). i know Tat got her long overdue award last year but would have been nice for the series to go out with another win for her. 

Re: Sarah in the woods clip:

Wow I've turned into such a sap lately. I'm feeling all emotional over Sarah burning Kira's photo. 

We're back!

Good first episode. Not a lot to comment on as it's mostly setting things up

Very unsettling vibe from Revival and I look forward to learning more about it. Seems like a cult with the way they are teaching the young children. 

The person in the woods who attacked Sarah was creepy. I assume he is some kind of failed part of the Revival experiment (unfortunate victims of a medical test gone wrong?)

Pretty annoyed that Cosima and Delphine are separated already.

The Hendrixes just can't catch a break can they?

On 2017-06-06 at 0:34 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

It's a shame that, for their last season, they are going to miss out on the Emmys again (eligibility period ended in May I think). i know Tat got her long overdue award last year but would have been nice for the series to go out with another win for her.

Wouldn't it just be eligible for the following Emmy season?  Doubt they'll let him win again though.

Agree with all the rest.  Good set-up, not sure what it's setting up for though.  Some big revelation about Kira probably. but I'm hoping for nothing ridiculous like telepathy, or like the star-child in V.  "Pretanama!  Pretanama!"

On 07/06/2017 at 2:34 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Re: Sarah in the woods clip:

Hide contents

Wow I've turned into such a sap lately. I'm feeling all emotional over Sarah burning Kira's photo. 

Spoiler

That one seemed pretty heavily loaded with symbolism. Even when she's not there, Kira is the one saving Sarah. And repeated through the episode with the dream waking her up every time she was in danger. I need to rewatch as I was distracted at the end, did she wind up fully unconscious or was the Kira dream overriding the tranq dart? She seemed to become more aware again after that, but I missed the very last shot.

I'm also suddenly worried that the burning of the photo is more than just Kira saving Sarah, but that Kira will actually sacrifice herself for her mum. I never thought it would end on that dark a note before, but... Last season was absurdly brutal in the middle before it pulled back, I hope at most its more like that - Kira chooses to sacrifice herself but it doesn't actually kill her and we get the happy ending the clones deserve.

I'm also not happy about Cosima and Delphine being split up again, but I know there are filming schedule issues there that probably limit how much she can be in it, as long as she comes back by the end and they too get their happy ending I can live with it. That 'goodbye' look from Delphine only requires that she believes it to be goodbye, not that she's right.

8 hours ago, karaddin said:
  Hide contents

That one seemed pretty heavily loaded with symbolism. Even when she's not there, Kira is the one saving Sarah. And repeated through the episode with the dream waking her up every time she was in danger. I need to rewatch as I was distracted at the end, did she wind up fully unconscious or was the Kira dream overriding the tranq dart? She seemed to become more aware again after that, but I missed the very last shot.

I'm also suddenly worried that the burning of the photo is more than just Kira saving Sarah, but that Kira will actually sacrifice herself for her mum. I never thought it would end on that dark a note before, but... Last season was absurdly brutal in the middle before it pulled back, I hope at most its more like that - Kira chooses to sacrifice herself but it doesn't actually kill her and we get the happy ending the clones deserve.

I'm also not happy about Cosima and Delphine being split up again, but I know there are filming schedule issues there that probably limit how much she can be in it, as long as she comes back by the end and they too get their happy ending I can live with it. That 'goodbye' look from Delphine only requires that she believes it to be goodbye, not that she's right.

Yep, I caught the recurrent symbollism of Kira saving her mum and watching over her. I thought that was nicely done. Never occured to me regarding Kira sacrificing herself,i hope thats not the case. She has already in a sense sacrificed for the sestras by helping Cosima with her cure (i think it was season 2, where she pulls out her tooth and gives bone marrow or something). I really hope it doesnt end on such a dark note. I dont think it will, because the message of the show is inherently hopeful but we'll see.

I imagine Cosima and Delphine will reunite too. I've watched a lot of interviews and stuff and Evelyn mentioned a shot of the two of them that hasnt occurred yet that was her favourite.

Cosima finally getting her cure was pretty emotional

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hide contents

Yep, I caught the recurrent symbollism of Kira saving her mum and watching over her. I thought that was nicely done. Never occured to me regarding Kira sacrificing herself,i hope thats not the case. She has already in a sense sacrificed for the sestras by helping Cosima with her cure (i think it was season 2, where she pulls out her tooth and gives bone marrow or something). I really hope it doesnt end on such a dark note. I dont think it will, because the message of the show is inherently hopeful but we'll see.

I imagine Cosima and Delphine will reunite too. I've watched a lot of interviews and stuff and Evelyn mentioned a shot of the two of them that hasnt occurred yet that was her favourite.

Cosima finally getting her cure was pretty emotional

Spoiler

I was actually pretty moved by it being Rachel that helped her do it as well after Sarah had noped on out of that. It never ceases to amaze me that these are all such utterly distinct characters, I forget they're played by the same actress.

Speculation time.  I woke up thinking about Orphan Black.  Kira sent me a vision, I guess.  Since this season is bringing immortality into the mix, I had this scene pictured about Rachel's story end.  I think many are expecting death.  Instead I think it likely that she'll be out manoeuvred and defeated, and agree to be cryogenically frozen until after all the other LEDA clones have lived out their lives and passed on naturally.  Kira &/or Charlotte will agree to revive her from the ice after that, with the expectation that maybe immortality and other stuff will be solved by then, and Rachel can enjoy that without creating havoc and murder for the other clones.  Last we see of her is being willingly boxed.

Archived