Orphan Black 3: So, sometimes stuff just works out[SPOILERS]

RedEyedGhost

54 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

If we're asking where Vic is we should also ask where Cal is ;) But it doesn't bother me all that much, they never did a lot to develop him anyway, and time was already tight to cover all of the characters I care about. 

Still stuck in Meereen, natch.

10 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Still stuck in Meereen, natch.

Can't take credit for this one but another poster on the forum after watching Season 4 said 

(GoT S7 spoilers)

He stayed in Iceland to go catch a Wight for Daenerys, which made me laugh more than it should have

:lol: 

Oh I said that. And I was right. He wasn't even mentioned in season 5. They could have mentioned him at least. 

I liked this show a lot. There were a couple rocky bits, but it worked for the most part and there weren't gaping plot holes that swallow us all. 

This Westmoreland impersonator was weird. It felt like oh we ran out of villains, so let's whip out this full random guy from the 1950s and turn him into a fraud with an unclear agenda and let's attribute everything to him as if he was some sort of root cause. He wasn't, though, was he? He just wanted to live long. He didn't really give a shit about cloning, he just wanted whatever technology would make him live forever. So he impersonated the founding father of Neolultion, but I never got the impression that he was about an ideology, he was out there for his own long life rather than yucky bots or human clones or some other project he was invested in like Leekie, or the duncans or evie cho. So he kinda felt detached from the rest of the conspiracy to me.

Cal's disappearance was weird and the handling of Ali's kids too. They were just sent off to her mom for MONTHS when there was no more time for them. But oh well, screentime. 

Another weird thing was Gracie and Mark. I mean, okay, I get it, but killing them both felt like a lazy way for wrapping up their plotline. I mean Gracie was just there and she was shot? The clones had a two inch thick plot armor, but poor Gracie (who I hated, btw) was just there and bamm she was shot. Weird. 

Rachel's ending was sad and I'm not sure who she's still hiding from while the other clones are safe. But it was perfectly retaliatic that she wouldn't be forgiven and she wouldn't get a happily ever after reunion with her sisters. 

I was really glad that Helena got her dream baby shower and it was cute that she lived in ali's garage. Of course, I'm not sure who accounted for the murders she committed but I loved Helena so whatevs. 

And I was really glad that Sarah wasn't immediately all happily ever after and she was angry and she felt like she had no purpose or any idea what to do with her life. That was nice and realistic. And it was also nice that she didn't end up with some dream guy and have her family together, she just got to be with Felix and Kira, and that was essentially what she wanted before it all started. So it was satisfying but not sloppy.  I didn't like the motherhood-talk scene at the end though. That served no purpose and it was just for the sake of it. 

Poor S had to die, it would have been unrealistic if she survived this, but it was very well done and I loved that her last word was chickens. And she took out Ferdinand. Btw, Jonathan Rhys Meyers should have been cast as the Castor clones. The feels would have been complete. 

Oh and Art's police officer career is kinda funny too. He is a detective but he was omnipresent as a plot device when the clones needed usually illegal help. Oh well. 

What I absolutely loved is that instead of sucking up to internet trends and hashtags (coughGoTcough) they just threw savage shade at these things. Krystal's YouTube video was a high point from this aspect and so was the "future is female, haven't you heard?" line after which Helena gave birth to twin boys. 

So yeah, I loved this show. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived