What did this episode spoil about AsoIaF/tWoW? [Spoilers]

Attitude

So, what in your opinion has been spoiled for the books, or what do you think will spoil the books? So far the things that are/ might be spoilers:

- Big hints on Melisandre being (a decendent of) Shiera Seastar. 
- They will try to make Dany a part of the Dosh Khaleen (well, trailer spoiled that already) 
- The killing of Trystane & Doran. Seems possible in the books, but most likely

they will join (F)Aegon[\spoiler] 

Since I'm know most here are better spotters for certain hints compared to me; What do you guys think?

38 minutes ago, Attitude said:

So, what in your opinion has been spoiled for the books, or what do you think will spoil the books? So far the things that are/ might be spoilers:

- They will try to make Dany a part of the Dosh Khaleen (well, trailer spoiled that already) 

Hide contents

Since I'm know most here are better spotters for certain hints compared to me; What do you guys think?

Nah, I think it was mentioned in an interview that Mel is 400 years old. 

Making Daenerys one of the Dosh Khaleen is what everyone assumed would happen. Show confirmed that though.

39 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think there's anything that indicated Melisandre is (or is related to) Shiera Seastar.  Shiera Seastar has never even been mentioned on the show.

Also how did you reach the conclusion that Trystane and Doran will die in the books based on what we saw tonight?  Ellaria who killed them on the show is the polar opposite of book Ellaria.

Melisandre being hella old and using glamour magic. Always implied subtly in the books but never outright state enough to be concrete. 

Dany gonna wind up taken back to Vaes Dothrak to the Dosh Khaleen. (which proves that HotU scene in the books is gonna happen) 

Thats...really it, tbh. The rest is pretty much the show fucking around with the mad plots they already created. Some guys in the Night's Watch who are loyal to Jon squaring off with those other assholes was kind of a given anyway.

13 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I don't think there's anything that indicated Melisandre is (or is related to) Shiera Seastar.  Shiera Seastar has never even been mentioned on the show.

Also how did you reach the conclusion that Trystane and Doran will die in the books based on what we saw tonight?  Ellaria who killed them on the show is the polar opposite of book Ellaria.

I don't think it's likely, but I can understand that wasn't very clear (the spoiler tag messed up the alignment a little). 

Nevermind. I checked some things and the show and books are mixing up in my head. 

Regarding Melisandre,

As far as I know, the only indication of the books that can be seen as hinting that Melisandre is very old is the line "Melisandre had practiced her art for years beyond count, and she had paid the price." It can be read just many ways, and it's true that after yesterday's episode the odds of Melisandre being an old woman in the books are higher. I'm not convinced, but it's possible.

But the theory of her being Shiera makes no sense. Melisandre's original name was Melony, and she was a young girl when she was sold as a slave ("when she was still half a child, a slave girl bound for life to the great red temple"). Shiera was the daughter of a king and the mistress of the hand. It's also very hard to believe that a daughter of her and Bloodraven would end being sold as a slave. Maekar or Egg would never do that, and besides slavery is forbidden in Westeros.

Regarding Dany,

We have to keep in mind a couple of things: one is that when Dany is found by the Dothraki at the end of A Dance With Dragons she has Drogon with her, so Khal Jhaqo shouldn't be able to seize her. Another is that the action in Meereen is behind Dany's: Viserion and Rhaegal are still in the dungeons, no ironborn at sight, no battle to be seen,...

If I were to bet, I'd say that bringing her to Kosh Daleen and everything that will happen with Dany this season (or at least in the first part) will be D&D's invention.

1 hour ago, The hairy bear said:

Regarding Dany,

We have to keep in mind a couple of things: one is that when Dany is found by the Dothraki at the end of A Dance With Dragons she has Drogon with her, so Khal Jhaqo shouldn't be able to seize her. Another is that the action in Meereen is behind Dany's: Viserion and Rhaegal are still in the dungeons, no ironborn at sight, no battle to be seen,...

If I were to bet, I'd say that bringing her to Kosh Daleen and everything that will happen with Dany this season (or at least in the first part) will be D&D's invention.

I agree.  When we last see Dany in the books she is with Drogon when the Dothraki arrive.  I think it's more likely they will pay homage to her and offer themselves to her service and bring her back to Meereen to join the battle there.

3 minutes ago, McAssey said:

I agree.  When we last see Dany in the books she is with Drogon when the Dothraki arrive.  I think it's more likely they will pay homage to her and offer themselves to her service and bring her back to Meereen to join the battle there.

well, the khal who finds her in the books is her enemy, she has sworn to kill. So there is no chance for that to happen.

I think the only thing possibly spoilt from TWoW so far is that Mel is much older, which most readers understood from her PoV chapter.

It's obvious in the books that the Wildings will go ape on the mutineers. 

I think Dany will go to Vaes Dothrak on Drogon as the stallion who mounts the world and get the Dothraki that way (although I may be wrong on that).

The rest of the episode is D&D fanfiction.

Archived