Episode 2 - "Home" - Preview

The Dorne Ultimatum

I really hope we don't see Robert Strong slashing through that entire complement of heavily armoured Lannister household guard.  This is not meant to be Lord of the Rings where a ‘hero’ can apparently single-handedly destroy an army.

1 hour ago, Grimbold said:

Yeah, he's probably coming back near ep 5

Bringing back Jon now somewhat undermines the female empowerment theme they have heavily going on now.

I would also assume a later date of revival would better setup the episode 9 battle of the bastards for winterfell grand finale.

1 hour ago, Grimbold said:

Yeah, he's probably coming back near ep 5

There is too much for him to do over the course of a season to come back so late. I'm expecting his resurrection at the very end of Ep. 2 and then Ep. 3 "oathbreaker" is when he decides to march on Winterfell. 

57 minutes ago, Ser Hightower said:

There is too much for him to do over the course of a season to come back so late. I'm expecting his resurrection at the very end of Ep. 2 and then Ep. 3 "oathbreaker" is when he decides to march on Winterfell. 

I agree. I think the "reanimation process" (whatever it is going to be in the end) will be initiated by the end of E2 and the result revealed in E3. Maybe the Davos scene from the trailer is in E2 (makes sense since AT's ultimatum is running out).

I know this was discussed somewhere else already, but what do you guys think about the likelihood of somebody wearing a "Jon glamour" all season long? That is, the world's favorite bastard is indeed to remain dead but somebody, well, walks around looking like him/rallying the northern lords etc?

I know this is somewhat silly, but still an idea worth exploring IMO.

8 hours ago, queen of meraxes said:

I still can't understand why Jaime is obsessive with Cersei.This divergence from the books seems illogical to me :wacko:

I don't see this. Jamie is still in love with his sister in the books, he is going through a very long period of doubt about who he is however. TV must be simpler, that's just the way of it. It will be interesting to see what happens.

8 hours ago, Ser Hightower said:

I don't think so. The show needs to establish Sansa as Lady Stark, rightfull ruler of the North, first.

7 hours ago, Ben H'gahr said:

I agree. I think the "reanimation process" (whatever it is going to be in the end) will be initiated by the end of E2 and the result revealed in E3. Maybe the Davos scene from the trailer is in E2 (makes sense since AT's ultimatum is running out).

I know this was discussed somewhere else already, but what do you guys think about the likelihood of somebody wearing a "Jon glamour" all season long? That is, the world's favorite bastard is indeed to remain dead but somebody, well, walks around looking like him/rallying the northern lords etc?

I know this is somewhat silly, but still an idea worth exploring IMO.

I had the same idea. I hope it's not true. I want Jon to live!

Archived