Forums completely unusable on mobile

Ugly Little Girl

I've been a member here for around 5 years and have happily browsed the forums on my mobile all that time. Until now that is. Having eagerly returned to discuss season 6 after a break of a few months, the forums are now completely unusable for me on my mobile, my preferred browsing medium. The ads on each page have increased the loading time to several minutes, despite my download speed being around 50mps and it is so frustrating that I've yet to be able to successfully open a single thread. Having been forced to fire up my laptop to post this I will take my leave and try again later, in hope rather than expectation that you will have made this once great site usable again.

I can understand the frustration; unfortunately, the loading times are less due to ads and more due to the fact that in the past 24 hours, the forum's traffic has increased by literally 400%.  Even by the standards of spikes we see at the start of the season, this one's bad.

We have some brand new issues this year that we did not have in previous years. Tapatalk has had to be disabled, and perhaps that's what you used for mobile viewing? Besides that, the new server and PHP upgrade has reduced some caching options. Finally, this is the first week we've been able to actually stress test our configuration, and we're learning something new all the time. We'll keep plugging away to get it as smooth an experience as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived